• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Blinded, not able to really understand the bible??

Active
You must have missed this part…..
11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Those scriptures prove that Calvin's predestination is false.
Esau and Jacob are used as a symbol of the Jews and Gentiles.
Esau is the firstborn symbolizing the Jews, and Jacob is the second born symbolizing the Gentiles.

See Genesis 25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.

Paul is explaining how the plan for salvation was made BEFORE ANYTHING and ANYONE was born.
It means that the firstborn, according to the Jews who did the works of the law, is the first chosen, but God chose the second born for the salvation that saves.

The scriptures say that when Jesus came and made a new covenant based on faith, God cut off and hardened the Jews who didn't already have faith in Him, for some Jews had faith in Him and some did not, because the law was not based on faith. Those Jews were cut off and hardened so that they could not believe in Jesus at that time and be saved.
God cut off and hardened the Jews who did not already have faith when Jesus had his earthly ministry, and the Jews who already belonged to God by faith, they believed in Jesus, because they recognized what Jesus was saying as the words of God.

Jesus said when he is lifted up he would draw all to him, which means then all could come to him to be saved, the cut off Jews and the Gentiles.

Paul goes on to explain that some Jews might say why then does God blame us? And Paul explains not to question God, for God is wiser than us.
Paul also explains more and teaches how God bound all to disobedience so that He can have mercy on all.

Active
Yes, predestination by Gods grace

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
That is about the plan for salvation. He has chosen us to be saved through the plan of salvation through Jesus.

Active
@StewardoftheMystery

See God hardening some of the Jews while Jesus had his earthly ministry is proof that Calvinism is false, for if God causes people supernaturally with the Holy Spirit to believe---then He wouldn't need to harden them.
Just like God hardening the Pharaoh, he was hardened to not believe...that disproves Calvin and Luther's teachings.

God hardened the Pharaoh as a punishment for what he did, and God hardened the Jews who did not have faith as punishment too, but not a lasting one, since they all could come to Jesus to get saved once Jesus was lifted up from the earth.

Active
You didn't give explanation though.

How? I want to hear you explain the how, because I know how and I know how the Calvinists and Lutherans say.
Again…If Gods goodness is leading you to repentance, then you are being moved by God. Not hard to comprehend.
There are plenty of examples in the scriptures where God has moved men by His Spirit to fulfill His will.

Active
That is about the plan for salvation. He has chosen us to be saved through the plan of salvation through Jesus.
Yes, but God knows who names are written in His book of life from the foundation of the world. We are chosen by God, we are elected by God, we are predestined by God, we are saved by Gods grace.

Active
@StewardoftheMystery

See God hardening some of the Jews while Jesus had his earthly ministry is proof that Calvinism is false, for if God causes people supernaturally with the Holy Spirit to believe---then He wouldn't need to harden them.
Just like God hardening the Pharaoh, he was hardened to not believe...that disproves Calvin and Luther's teachings.

God hardened the Pharaoh as a punishment for what he did, and God hardened the Jews who did not have faith as punishment too, but not a lasting one, since they all could come to Jesus to get saved once Jesus was lifted up from the earth.
I don’t follow any man’s teachings like Calvin or Luther. I read the Bible and get understanding from God by the anointing of His Spirit and by Christ dwelling in me.

God told Abraham His people would be enslaved in Egypt for over 400 years, and then they would be brought out of bondage. So Gods purpose for Pharaoh was determined before Pharaoh was even born. That is predestination to fulfill Gods will.

We read….
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Notice in verse 23 that the vessels of Gods mercy were “afore prepared unto glory” that is predestination.

Concerning the Jews hardening there is a lot to say, but let me give this for now…

Romans 11:25-27

King James Version

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.”

Paul is talking about the Spirit of Grace being poured out on the tribes of Israel to fulfill Gods predetermined will.

Active
Again…If Gods goodness is leading you to repentance, then you are being moved by God. Not hard to comprehend.
There are plenty of examples in the scriptures where God has moved men by His Spirit to fulfill His will.
So you can't or won't explain.
God leads us to repentance when we hear the gospel.
God doesn't work in us with His Spirit unless we are saved.

Active
Yes, but God knows who names are written in His book of life from the foundation of the world. We are chosen by God, we are elected by God, we are predestined by God, we are saved by Gods grace.
God does know whose names are written in the Book, but we are not chosen and elected until we come to God in belief and repentance of sins. No such thing as people being predestined. Being saved by God's grace means we don't have to do the purification works of the law. It means we still have to obey and repent of our sins, we just don't have to get circumcised and do the other works of the old law.

These are the works of the law, these are the works the people used to have to do to clean and purify themselves. Jesus' blood does it now.

Works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Active
God does know whose names are written in the Book, but we are not chosen and elected until we come to God in belief and repentance of sins. No such thing as people being predestined. Being saved by God's grace means we don't have to do the purification works of the law. It means we still have to obey and repent of our sins, we just don't have to get circumcised and do the other works of the old law.

These are the works of the law, these are the works the people used to have to do to clean and purify themselves. Jesus' blood does it now.

Works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Could you possibly tell us your testimony of the experience you went through when you were infilled by the Holy Ghost? Thank you

Active
I don’t follow any man’s teachings like Calvin or Luther. I read the Bible and get understanding from God by the anointing of His Spirit and by Christ dwelling in me.
There is no way I would ever believe that. I don't have to, and I don't. No one would EVER just read the Bible only and come up with your beliefs, for a person reading the Bible reads REPENT of SINS. You preach only believe, and that, way later is taught by Paul, and it is a false doctrine by people without understanding.

God told Abraham His people would be enslaved in Egypt for over 400 years, and then they would be brought out of bondage. So Gods purpose for Pharaoh was determined before Pharaoh was even born. That is predestination to fulfill Gods will.
The pharaoh disproves you.
We read….
14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Notice in verse 23 that the vessels of Gods mercy were “afore prepared unto glory” that is predestination.

Concerning the Jews hardening there is a lot to say, but let me give this for now…

Romans 11:25-27​

King James Version​

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.”

Paul is talking about the Spirit of Grace being poured out on the tribes of Israel to fulfill Gods predetermined will.
All you did was ignore what I said to you and you just repeated the falseness people of your beliefs say, and then you quote the same scriptures you don't understand.
Try really discussing with another instead of the same ole shtick.

Active
Could you possibly tell us your testimony of the experience you went through when you were infilled by the Holy Ghost? Thank you
My testimony is long and not sure anyone would read it. I really don't like to take out important parts, but to make a long story so much shorter, I was raised Catholic and it was my life, until I realized the Catholics didn't have the truth, this realization came when the priest was late in coming and my mother was too weak to give her last confession. If you know anything about the Catholics then you would know it means they might not go to Jesus after their death if they didn't have the last rites by a priest. I told God that I was going to search for His Truth and not man's truth. I began my search looking for God in denominations, and was over whelmed at how many there were and all the different teachings. I realized it would be a matter of picking a denomination's teachings I liked best, but that didn't sit right with me. I wanted to be a child of God's and not just talk myself into believing I was loved by God, because I didn't feel loved by God. So I told God that I would get Jesus' teachings and start doing what Jesus said, so that I could at least be like His children that He loved. I figured I would start out at the beginning, and that was to repent of my sins. There is so much more I can tell you that happened, but, the point is, Jesus tells us how to be saved, who are the ones he saves. If a person wants God's Truth and not some denomination's truth, then Jesus can be their Teacher. We have to do what Jesus says, Jesus explains more in detail, he explains how we have to humble ourselves to even come to the part where we repent of our sins. We have to prepare our hearts for Jesus to live there, to make his home in our heart.

Active
There is no way I would ever believe that. I don't have to, and I don't. No one would EVER just read the Bible only and come up with your beliefs, for a person reading the Bible reads REPENT of SINS. You preach only believe, and that, way later is taught by Paul, and it is a false doctrine by people without understanding.

John tells us in 1 John 2:27 But the ANOINTING which ye received of Him abideth in you, AND YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: but as the same ANOINTING
TEACHETH YOU OF ALL THINGS, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

What is John saying? The Holy Ghost who is your comforter will teach as instructed by Jesus to mature you and your understanding.
Why did John say this in his letter?

1 John 2:26 "These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you."

So we see John is warning in his letter to pay attention to the Spirit within, letting your teaching be done by the Spirit, and leave away from another mans teachings
especially when they do not align with the teachings of the Spirit.
You want the truth you have to pay attention to the Spirit who had the book written and knows the deeper things of God. Many a person imitating a preacher has
no clue as to what he says as he does not have the Spirit, and only regurgitates what he has learned in seminary and furthers the denominations doctrine opposing
the teaching of the Spirit within. At that point the only thing one can do is COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE.

Active
My testimony is long and not sure anyone would read it. I really don't like to take out important parts, but to make a long story so much shorter, I was raised Catholic and it was my life, until I realized the Catholics didn't have the truth, this realization came when the priest was late in coming and my mother was too weak to give her last confession. If you know anything about the Catholics then you would know it means they might not go to Jesus after their death if they didn't have the last rites by a priest. I told God that I was going to search for His Truth and not man's truth. I began my search looking for God in denominations, and was over whelmed at how many there were and all the different teachings. I realized it would be a matter of picking a denomination's teachings I liked best, but that didn't sit right with me. I wanted to be a child of God's and not just talk myself into believing I was loved by God, because I didn't feel loved by God. So I told God that I would get Jesus' teachings and start doing what Jesus said, so that I could at least be like His children that He loved. I figured I would start out at the beginning, and that was to repent of my sins. There is so much more I can tell you that happened, but, the point is, Jesus tells us how to be saved, who are the ones he saves. If a person wants God's Truth and not some denomination's truth, then Jesus can be their Teacher. We have to do what Jesus says, Jesus explains more in detail, he explains how we have to humble ourselves to even come to the part where we repent of our sins. We have to prepare our hearts for Jesus to live there, to make his home in our heart.

It is overly apparent to anyone reading what you just said that there was no experience of the infilling of the Holy Ghost, and without the Spirit ye are none of His.
The infilling is an experience you will never forget, and is the best moment of your entire human life. If you had had that experience you would have said so and as you didn't
you are still waiting for that. Thus you could never understand learning from the Spirit of God dwelling IN YOU for at the moment it does not.
Expounding your understanding to true believers is chaff to those that have the Spirit and you would be better off seeking to be born again and stop talking on this or any other site
until that time. I do not say this as an enemy but your time is important, so quit talking to us and talk to God about receiving the Holy Ghost as you are in need, you just don't know it.

May God have mercy on you and allow you that experience soon.

Active
John tells us in 1 John 2:27 But the ANOINTING which ye received of Him abideth in you, AND YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: but as the same ANOINTING
TEACHETH YOU OF ALL THINGS, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

What is John saying? The Holy Ghost who is your comforter will teach as instructed by Jesus to mature you and your understanding.
Why did John say this in his letter?

1 John 2:26 "These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you."

So we see John is warning in his letter to pay attention to the Spirit within, letting your teaching be done by the Spirit, and leave away from another mans teachings
especially when they do not align with the teachings of the Spirit.
You want the truth you have to pay attention to the Spirit who had the book written and knows the deeper things of God. Many a person imitating a preacher has
no clue as to what he says as he does not have the Spirit, and only regurgitates what he has learned in seminary and furthers the denominations doctrine opposing
the teaching of the Spirit within. At that point the only thing one can do is COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE.
I am pointing the Way to Christ, to God's preserved words for us written in the Holy Bible.
I see many teachings that are not from God, but actually go against God's Word.
A person can say they are listening to the Spirit all they want, but the Spirit of God doesn't go against what is written.

Active
So you can't or won't explain.
God leads us to repentance when we hear the gospel.
God doesn't work in us with His Spirit unless we are saved.
I did, but you don’t want to hear it.
God can move the saved and the unsaved, plenty of examples in scripture. Here’s one….

Isaiah 37:29-32

King James Version

29 Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.
30 And this shall be a sign unto thee, Ye shall eat this year such as groweth of itself; and the second year that which springeth of the same: and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit thereof.
31 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward:
32 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.”

God could move you to run around naked singing Yankee Doodle dandee if He wanted. Lol

Active
It is overly apparent to anyone reading what you just said that there was no experience of the infilling of the Holy Ghost, and without the Spirit ye are none of His.
The infilling is an experience you will never forget, and is the best moment of your entire human life. If you had had that experience you would have said so and as you didn't
you are still waiting for that. Thus you could never understand learning from the Spirit of God dwelling IN YOU for at the moment it does not.
Expounding your understanding to true believers is chaff to those that have the Spirit and you would be better off seeking to be born again and stop talking on this or any other site
until that time. I do not say this as an enemy but your time is important, so quit talking to us and talk to God about receiving the Holy Ghost as you are in need, you just don't know it.

May God have mercy on you and allow you that experience soon.
How about this, if you are speaking to me like that, in that falseness that you speak, then either you don't have the Spirit or you aren't listening to him.
What you said to me is not from God.
I explained to you that I wasn't going to tell you my whole testimony. Try to listen better.

Active

Works of the law:

Then you reject the words of God on election and predestination.

Active
I am pointing the Way to Christ, to God's preserved words for us written in the Holy Bible.
I see many teachings that are not from God, but actually go against God's Word.
A person can say they are listening to the Spirit all they want, but the Spirit of God doesn't go against what is written.
But those words are not Jesus. Jesus is a person that does the Holy Ghost baptism to you to quicken you unto life from the dead. It is not in words it is in power and demonstration of the Spirit.

Active
I did, but you don’t want to hear it.
God can move the saved and the unsaved, plenty of examples in scripture. Here’s one….

Isaiah 37:29-32​

King James Version​

29 Because thy rage against me, and thy tumult, is come up into mine ears, therefore will I put my hook in thy nose, and my bridle in thy lips, and I will turn thee back by the way by which thou camest.
30 And this shall be a sign unto thee, Ye shall eat this year such as groweth of itself; and the second year that which springeth of the same: and in the third year sow ye, and reap, and plant vineyards, and eat the fruit thereof.
31 And the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah shall again take root downward, and bear fruit upward:
32 For out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant, and they that escape out of mount Zion: the zeal of the Lord of hosts shall do this.”

God could move you to run around naked singing Yankee Doodle dandee if He wanted. Lol
You are speaking about a PROPHET. You are speaking about a chosen for the teaching of God's Word. Isaiah already belonged to God, and, God does many things for those who belong to Him. You have to belong to Him first.