• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Ask yourself How do you get 3 Days and 3 Nights from "Good Friday" to Sunday? Also Eggs and bunnies?

1.There is no distinction between Ruach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) and Ruach Elohim (Sprit of Elohim).
Qodesh (holy) means set-apart. Something that is set-apart is not the same as that which it is set-apart from. YHWH is described as being qodesh, but AFAIK Elohim is not.

I do not know what point you are trying to make with Zech 13:4
The point is that the context of the scripture referenced by Peter's (Joel) doesn't match the context of the crucifixion or the context of Zech 13, i.e. what Peter was saying was unreliable.

I compared more than 20 English translations and not one of them translate ἐπιφώσκω as dawn in verse 54.
The fact that the meaning of ἐπιφώσκω has been obscured by the translators highlights the significance of the verse. The word epiphosko is from epi, meaning on/upo, and phosko meaning light. Matthew 28:1 translates it correctly.

If your argument is that the soldiers could not have pierced his side simply because they were afraid, that is absurd.
Straw man. It wasn't simple fear, there was three hours of darkness and there was no reason for it other than to support John's doctrine. A soldier spearing the body would have been a notable event and should have been recorded in the other accounts if it had actually happened.

I am going to stop this right here. You are attempting to argue things you do not understand and you obviously have no regard for scripture one way or the other. I think your profile says it all when you call yourself a rationalist. Why don't you just call yourself an atheist and be done with it?

I am going to stop this right here. You are attempting to argue things you do not understand
What do you think that it is that I misunderstand? If you're unable to argue your case then isn't it more likely that you're the one who doesn't understand the text?

Active
I am going to stop this right here. You are attempting to argue things you do not understand and you obviously have no regard for scripture one way or the other. I think your profile says it all when you call yourself a rationalist. Why don't you just call yourself an atheist and be done with it?

Why could I not endorse that with a Like?

What do you think that it is that I misunderstand? If you're unable to argue your case then isn't it more likely that you're the one who doesn't understand the text?
Let me be very blunt. I have absolutely no intention of wasting my time discussing scripture with someone who has no regard for the integrity of the biblical text. Anything in scripture with which you do not agree, you simply dismiss as uninspired or errant. Whatever I try to show you from scripture, you attempt to find some way to discredit the text. I have absolutely zero patience with this type of nonsense. If you do not agree with me, that is fine. But when you attack scripture itself, that, I will not excuse. With that said, Αυτό είναι το τέλος της συνομιλίας ἡμῶν.

Let me be very blunt. I have absolutely no intention of wasting my time discussing scripture with someone who has no regard for the integrity of the biblical text. Anything in scripture with which you do not agree, you simply dismiss as uninspired or errant.
No, I don't cherry pick text. The original meaning of scripture relates to text that is consistent (i.e has integrity). Calling an inconsistent text 'scripture' doesn't give it any legitimacy.

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
John 10:35

Whatever I try to show you from scripture, you attempt to find some way to discredit the text.
Text should always be interpreted in light of its context. The traditional belief is that the apostles were inspired by the Ruach Qodesh (Holy Spirit), but that isn't supported by the related prophecy or signs.

Αυτό είναι το τέλος της συνομιλίας ἡμῶν.
He who leaves the field of battle first loses by default.