• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Your theology will not save you, you are judged and repaid based on what you have done!

Active
Romans 2:6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.

Is this not clear enough? You think you are saved and will be rewarded because you subscribe to Calvinism, you go to a church and do some regular religious activity and is publicly recognised as a Christian. But the book of Romans mentioned none of these things!

The only thing mentioned in Romans 2 about being rewarded by God is by doing good!

You call yourself a Christian, but what have you done with your life?

You call yourself a Christian, but you sin habitually without stopping and then say a prayer of repentance, while going back to sinning again the following week. Yet you still believe you are bound for heaven, who are you trying to kid?

You call yourself a Christian, but all you do day in day out is to lust after money, status and fame. All you care about is how much you are blessed with the comforts in life but you pay no attention to your fellow Christians who are living in prisons, in poverty, in every state of suffering and deprivation. Yet you think you are bound for heaven, who are you trying to kid?

If all your life is spent allowing sin to rule over you, enjoying yourselves, indulging yourselves and you aren’t doing good as Romans 2 said, WHY do you think you will be saved?

Last edited:
Active
Romans 2:7–10 (LEB): to those who, by perseverance in good work, seek glory and honor and immortality, eternal life, but to those who act from selfish ambition and who disobey the truth, but who obey unrighteousness, wrath and anger. There will be affliction and distress for every ⌊human being⌋ who does evil, of the Jew first and of the Greek, but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and to the Greek.

——————————

Read for yourself how apostle Paul distinguished between those who are saved and those who aren’t!

You are either in the group of people who “by perseverance in good work, seek glory and honor and immortality” or you are among those “who act from selfish ambition”, who “disobey the truth but who obey unrighteousness”. And none of this has anything to do with whether you call yourself a Christian or not or what theology or church you belong to!

So wake up to the reality of which group you belong to and what is the ultimate reward you will receive! It does not matter what church you go to, not even if you are a Christian! According to Paul, those who by perseverance in good work are the only ones who receive eternal life! If you are in the other group you will be rewarded with wrath and anger even if you attend the world’s largest megachurch and is a renowned missionary! Wake up!

Loyal

Is this not clear enough? You think you are saved and will be rewarded because you subscribe to Calvinism, you go to a church and do some regular religious activity and is publicly recognised as a Christian. But the book of Romans mentioned none of these things!

The only thing mentioned in Romans 2 about being rewarded by God is by doing good!

You call yourself a Christian, but you sin habitually without stopping and then say a prayer of repentance, while going back to sinning again the following week. Yet you still believe you are bound for heaven, who are you trying to kid?

You call yourself a Christian, but all you do day in day out is to lust after money, status and fame. All you care about is how much you are blessed with the comforts in life but you pay no attention to your fellow Christians who are living in prisons, in poverty, in every state of suffering and deprivation. Yet you think you are bound for heaven, who are you trying to kid?

If all your life is spent allowing sin to rule over you, enjoying yourselves, indulging yourselves and you aren’t doing good as Romans 2 said, WHY do you think you will be saved?
"who WILL RENDER TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS":
"He will reward everyman according to what he of she deserves"

It does make you wonder, what kind of "rewards" The Lord has, in mind. And are they all "Good Rewards"? Yes because they are what we deserves.

So, Enxu they will get their reward.

Active
"who WILL RENDER TO EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS":
"He will reward everyman according to what he of she deserves"

It does make you wonder, what kind of "rewards" The Lord has, in mind. And are they all "Good Rewards"? Yes because they are what we deserves.

So, Enxu they will get their reward.

That is the problem with the modern day religious Christians. They are like the Pharisees, who prided themselves as being sons of Abraham and think that is enough to gain them entrance into heaven. But straight to their face they were told that God can raise up sons to Abraham out of stones. These Christians pride themselves as being Christians, proponent of some theology and belonging to some religious society as though these things are their tickets to heaven.

But search the Gospel, neither Jesus nor His apostles mentioned anything about religious associations, theology or identities as marks of being saved. Christians who acknowledge Christ are either sheep or goats, and the sheep and goats are only distinguished by their DEEDS.

Active
2 Corinthians 5:9-10
(9) Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. (10) For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Loyal

Now go to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 "I declare unto you the Gospel...... by which also you are saved.... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures......and that he was buried, and that He rose again the 3rd day according to the Scriptures."

And then Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your hear that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

And Ephesians 2: 8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves,; it is the gift of God. not of works, lest anyone should boast."

There will be rewards/ crowns for believers for what they do After they are saved.

Active
Now go to 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 "I declare unto you the Gospel...... by which also you are saved.... that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures......and that he was buried, and that He rose again the 3rd day according to the Scriptures."

And then Romans 10:9-10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your hear that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

And Ephesians 2: 8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves,; it is the gift of God. not of works, lest anyone should boast."

There will be rewards/ crowns for believers for what they do After they are saved.

James 2:14 (LEB): What is the benefit, my brothers, if someone says that he has faith but does not have works? That faith is not able to save him, is it?

James 2:15–17 (LEB): If a brother or a sister is poorly clothed and lacking food for the day, and one of you should say to them, “Go in peace, keep warm and ⌊eat well⌋,” but does not give them what is necessary for the body, what is the benefit? Thus also faith, if it does not have works, is dead by itself.

James 2:18 (LEB): But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

James 2:20–22 (LEB): But do you want to know, O foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was working together with his works, and by the works the faith was perfected.

James 2:24–26 (LEB): You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. And likewise was not Rahab the prostitute also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by a different route? For just as the body without the spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.

If all you care about is believing in the few Scriptures you quoted but you ignore what apostle James wrote about faith without works cannot save anyone, and such faith is dead and useless then you have believed in vain.

Loyal
I care about and believe the entire Bible -- I was just pointing out 'to be saved' passages.

Faith and Then works will follow. Faith is seen Through what we are doing. But it's not the things we Do that save us. Saving faith. Not of works.

What is the LEB translation.

Active
I care about and believe the entire Bible -- I was just pointing out 'to be saved' passages.

Faith and Then works will follow. Faith is seen Through what we are doing. But it's not the things we Do that save us. Saving faith. Not of works.

What is the LEB translation.

Of course our works do not save but still we will be judged and rewarded by it, that is what the Scriptures say.

LEB is Lexham English Bible.

Loyal
@Enxu -- Thank you. Not familiar with the Lexham.

And, yes, at the very end believers will be judged for their deeds and receive crowns accordingly and we will be putting them at the feet of Jesus.

So you are saying that a sinner who sins their whole life and does not know Jesus who gets cancer and a friend introduces him to Jesus and he becomes a Christian and repents and is baptized and asks for Jesus forgiveness will not be saved? I think he will. Humans are able to repent and be forgiven up until they die and it is up to Jesus to decide if he is saved or not regardless of what he has done.

For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God— not by works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Loyal
Personally, I think if you get saved in the end, you are not going to care, if you got a reward or not! You are going to be just as Happy, as the person who received a thousand prizes! LOL if you make it!:eyes: "Faith is the substance of things HOPE For" the evidence of things Not seen"
(1 Peter 4)ASV
17For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what'shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them also that suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing unto a faithful Creator.

Personally, I think if you get saved in the end, you are not going to care, if you got a reward or not! You are going to be just as Happy, as the person who received a thousand prizes! LOL if you make it!:eyes: "Faith is the substance of things HOPE For" the evidence of things Not seen"
(1 Peter 4)ASV
17For the time is come for judgment to begin at the house of God: and if it begin first at us, what'shall be the end of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous is scarcely saved, where shall the ungodly and sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them also that suffer according to the will of God commit their souls in well-doing unto a faithful Creator.
A reward? Who would care about a reward if they just didn't have to go to hell? Please! Let me be homeless in heaven! I won't bother anyone or be of any trouble, I just do not want to go to hell for one second even. It terrifies me. I would like to just stand outside of heavens gate, peering in if I am not worthy to enter but I do not want hell. Are we punished once forgiven?

Loyal
The only way Anyone is 'worthy' Of being in heaven is by accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.