• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Your Perfect High Priest

Staff Member
This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:15-16 NLT

In Old Testament times, the Jewish priests served as intermediaries between God and humans. They performed ceremonial offerings so that people could have forgiveness for their sins—if only temporarily. The high priest was the supreme leader of the other priests and of all Israelites.

The priesthood and the system of sacrifices in the Old Testament were imperfect…and temporary. The New Testament teaches that Jesus’ onetime sacrifice on the cross replaced the priesthood and the sacrifices for good. Now Jesus, who lived a life of sinless perfection here on earth, is your perfect High Priest. Because of that, you can confidently approach the throne of God when you need His grace and mercy, both of which Jesus has made freely available.

Knowing that Jesus is your perfect High Priest, you can live unshakably in your life of faith in Him.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for understanding my weaknesses and for giving me the privilege of coming boldly and confidently to my heavenly Father when I need His help. Thank You, Father, for providing all I need to live unshakably for You.