• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Your Independence!

We are celebrating our country’s independence today. But are you celebrating your independence in Christ? There are many Christians who think they know the word of God , yet their lives show they don’t in this area. Or they are not applying the Word of God to their lives. They are bound by sin and think they have to sin all the time. But the Word of God says

“Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death “(Romans 8:2)

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Those who are not born again , who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus cannot do any thing but sin. For they were born with that fallen nature they inhereted from Adam and Eve because they fell. If a person sins constantly then it’s because it is their nature and they are just religious, not a Christian. They have not been changed. If we appropriate the Word of God, and truly believe He has set us free from sin, then we have a choice when we are tempted to sin. We can say “NO!” Where as the unregenerate sinner has no choice. They may try using their own will power but that wont last long. Its only thru the Spirit of God, His power within our spirit that helps us ovecome. I m not saying we will be perfect in this matter, but He gives us the victory. We are new creatures in Christ. Old things have passed away and all things become New. If we walk in the Spirit we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh, our own carnal, selfish desires.

We have freedom In Jesus! Say No to sin – self and the devil.

Thanks Gloria . That was a great thread . I love when the women here make talkjesus a refuge for the visiting sisters . Tell us what you think daughters of Jehovah ! You are an ornament of grace and splender full of wisdom and power unto our Lord . I praise God for you all ! :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Administrator
Staff Member
This is a very important topic. Coincidentally I was just reading Billy Graham's newsletter magazine about Paraguay's fight for independance / liberation from satan and freedom with Christ. What a great story!

Super naturally, Christ gained thousands of believers in that country.