• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Young Adult Hangout Thread

I'm looking to chat with some other young adults (18-30) around my age so I figured that it would be fun to start up a young adult hangout thread for fellowship and to help break the ice.

What do you do for a living?

What are some of your hobbies?

I'll start off. I'm disabled so I don't work. I like reading non fiction, I study the bible and politics but I devote more time to the bible. I also like video games, I have a PS4 and a 3DS. I also watch movies, I'm a huge Star Trek and Star Wars fan.

I'm 19 years old. I work at a movie theater but right now I'm on furlough until this pandemic gets sorted out. My hobbies include reading comics, writing stories, watching anime, and playing games.

Hello. Seems like everyone here is enjoying video games. I like them to, I know it is rare to a woman to play.. I don't know many people who do(in the same gender like me).
What do you like to play? Unfortunately I stopped playing every video game I liked since the Holy Spirit signaled that they are bad. And I played those which I considered more peaceful. But I more preferably focus on growing and evolving in spirit, then spending time on things that in the same time bring much fun, but are useless in many ways. Most recently I spent very much time thinking, reading, watching religious educational stuff on the internet and I feel very confortable and joyful, and beside my troubles happy indeed.
I rather evolve myself in knowledge and wisdom, than a fictional chacater in every aspect. In my situation the Holy Spirit has brought as much joy, and wholeness(even more) as much as I gave up.
By the way what games do you people play? I liked very much Tomb Raider, Mirrors Edge, and the Dragon Age series. Do you know any that has absolute no brutality in it and christians can play to? Or any books in the 'fiction' genre? Thx.

Hello. Seems like everyone here is enjoying video games. I like them to, I know it is rare to a woman to play.. I don't know many people who do(in the same gender like me).
What do you like to play? Unfortunately I stopped playing every video game I liked since the Holy Spirit signaled that they are bad. And I played those which I considered more peaceful. But I more preferably focus on growing and evolving in spirit, then spending time on things that in the same time bring much fun, but are useless in many ways. Most recently I spent very much time thinking, reading, watching religious educational stuff on the internet and I feel very confortable and joyful, and beside my troubles happy indeed.
I rather evolve myself in knowledge and wisdom, than a fictional chacater in every aspect. In my situation the Holy Spirit has brought as much joy, and wholeness(even more) as much as I gave up.
By the way what games do you people play? I liked very much Tomb Raider, Mirrors Edge, and the Dragon Age series. Do you know any that has absolute no brutality in it and christians can play to? Or any books in the 'fiction' genre? Thx.

Well, I like to play whatever I could get my hands on honestly. I recently got a ps4, so I've been playing the games that came with it like Horizons, God of War, and the Last of Us. Before that I played mostly on Switch games like Zelda and Mario Odyssey. I would recommend the Mario franchise if you want to play games that have no violence in it since they're catered more for children, but adults can enjoy them too. When I'm with friends I play Until Dawn, a story based survival game (that I have yet to beat) and a few others that I can't recall. I've also been trying to get into overwatch, which is a shooter game but isn't violent. I also play a few games on my computer, but I can't overdo it since its a mac. But on my Mac I play niche, a strategy game you can get on steam for like $20 (it's non violent), Don't Starve Together (also on steam), and mmaaaaybe TF2 if I'm waiting for games to load, and that's it. I'm not much of a gamer, so my list is pretty small haha, but all of my female friends play games actively. Heck, my little sister is obsessed with Minecraft.
When I'm not playing games, I'm most likely drawing while listening to some christian v. atheist debates. I like to learn the different arguments for and against christianity. If I'm not doing that, I'm creating my own world and fictional characters to go along with them. I like to write a lot and I have literally hundreds of pages of stories that I would like to share one day.
If you're asking about books, then I'm afraid you would have to be more specific about what you would like. If you like blissful romance, I could recommend Pride and Prejudice, or a dystopian reality book like The Giver. Both of which are clean, but are very different in genre. Personally, I would wholeheartedly recommend Frankenstein because, well, it's classic for a reason. There is murder in the book, but it all ties into the theme of who is really the monster of the story, the creature that is actively killing people, or the creator who abandoned his creation. If you want something more Christian, then I would recommend The Lord of the Rings and anything written by CS Lewis, as both are Christian authors (and were even best friends).

Hello! :) I work a full time job, enjoy walking my dog, cooking, watching sports, and studying God's word with a community of fellow believers that help me to push myself and keep me accountable in the study :)

This is a cool thread! I'm usually studying the word, but on the side I study cognitive science and teach part time STEM classes. I'm also looking for friends if anyone wanted to study the word together!