• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

(You should be) Waiting for THE one

How helpful was this post to you?

• Very helpful

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Somewhat helpful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not helpful at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What was this about?

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
If you are anything like me then you are still waiting for THE one. When friends ask you if you have a boyfriend or if you are a virgin or ever been kissed you’re a title hesitant to answer no to all of the above. Maybe you’ve been told this before but I’d like to have the chance to tell you that it’s OKAY to answer no to any of that. I know in this day and age it seems like every teenager is moving at a fast pace wanting to live in the fast lane. It used to be that if you have your permit at 15 or 16 then you’re the “it” person to hang out with. Now it’s almost like if you’ve lost your virginity or have been seen sucking some guys’ tongue down the hall then you’re the “it” person to hang out with. Though being a virgin isn’t something “celebrated” much anymore. I would encourage you to WAIT. Love is more than just looking in his eyes and saying his cute. There are responsibilities that come with loving someone and being in a relationship as man and women. Sounds like a lecture? Sorry, but in all honesty and in my experience…waiting for the right person can bring you wonderful surprises as well as heartache but let me tell you. The wonderful surprises overshadow the heartaches you will face. You’ll be glad you waited. No rush because love is best when experienced slowly. :)

Isaiah 40:30-33 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Lets not forget that "God's time is the BEST time".God bless

I am definitely waiting too. First, God says sex is for marriage only so that makes it a no-brainer as far as the right or wrong of it. Just knowing right from wrong doesn’t get us past the temptation though and I am sure we all think about sex and its consequences. I know I couldn’t do it. It simply is not mine to give away. It belongs to the man I will someday marry. I will not give away what belongs to him. Purity is what he deserves and I will protect it for him. He also deserves someone who doesn’t compare him, either consciously or subconsciously, to anyone else. I want my mind right there on him and never straying for even one second to anything in the past. I want to learn with him... something special only to the two of us.

If that decision makes me unpopular and a social misfit in today’s society then bring it on. I have never been one of the popular set anyway. I am clearly unwilling to make the compromises that popularity seems to demand.

PS
Even the right guy doesn’t become the right guy until after you marry him… a union blessed by God.

I am definitely waiting too. First, God says sex is for marriage only so that makes it a no-brainer as far as the right or wrong of it. Just knowing right from wrong doesn’t get us past the temptation though and I am sure we all think about sex and its consequences. I know I couldn’t do it. It simply is not mine to give away. It belongs to the man I will someday marry. I will not give away what belongs to him. Purity is what he deserves and I will protect it for him. He also deserves someone who doesn’t compare him, either consciously or subconsciously, to anyone else. I want my mind right there on him and never straying for even one second to anything in the past. I want to learn with him... something special only to the two of us.

If that decision makes me unpopular and a social misfit in today’s society then bring it on. I have never been one of the popular set anyway. I am clearly unwilling to make the compromises that popularity seems to demand.

PS
Even the right guy doesn’t become the right guy until after you marry him… a union blessed by God.

That is very well put.

Excellent!

Keep on going on do not listen to your flesh nor what the world defines or says and do not listen to the devil.

God is Happy with His virgin daughters, it is very important to be a virgin until marriage (do not be unequally yoked though) and you'll have a strong marital bond. Especially for ladies it is important.

AMEN

When a man and a woman are together in a sex act, a chemical reaction happens in a human brain that has the same effect as heroin—which is very addictive. This means a man and a woman, when together become connected on a deep level. This is why you can’t have casual sex. It doesn’t exist. Contrary to pop-culture wisdom, those who do choose to save sex for marriage are not doomed to a second-class sex life. Rather they typically report higher levels of sexual satisfaction and marital contentment. Moreover, early sexual experience has been linked to marital dissatisfaction, low self-esteem, and greater incidence of divorce. Many people come up with plenty of excuses to justify pre-marital sex. Here is one excuse. “I need to stay ‘well-informed' on how to do it.” But if you take this line of reasoning to its logical conclusion, it follows that the more people you roll in the hay with, the better informed you are…Five partners? Ten? Would fifty be enough? But how many of us really want our spouses that well informed? They may become better informed about things they never anticipated, like sexually transmitted diseases. Another excuse is “But we are in love!” True love will wait until marriage so that one can show and give his or her whole and complete self to the one that she or he loves. Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not used properly. Yet another common excuse is “But we are getting married.” The possibility always exists that you may for some reason decide against marrying this person. - Mark Driscoll. When this happens you have, through sexual involvement, given a part of yourself to someone other than your spouse, a part you should have saved for your future wife or husband.

73 percent of all teens say that the reason they engage in sex is due to the social pressure. The schools even tell them in their “safe sex” education that it is okay as long as you use condoms and birth control pills. Dr. Mcllhaney said in a report to the Subcommittee on Health of the Committee on Energy and Commerce U. S. House of Representatives, “Despite what you may sometimes hear, there is no abundance of evidence that “dual message” or “comprehensive” programs [those being taught in schools and elsewhere] are effective at preventing teen pregnancies and STDs. Society is becoming more and more aware of the need for abstinence to be taught in schools instead of “safe sex” because there is no “safe sex” outside of marriage. Many doctors are in support of it.

Do not sell yourself short for the little bit of excitement in having sex before marriage. Wait! And it will be extraordinarily better than if you had not.

Last edited:
When a man and a woman are together in a sex act, a chemical reaction happens in a human brain that has the same effect as heroin—which is very addictive. This means a man and a woman, when together become connected on a deep level. This is why you can’t have casual sex. It doesn’t exist. Contrary to pop-culture wisdom, those who do choose to save sex for marriage are not doomed to a second-class sex life. Rather they typically report higher levels of sexual satisfaction and marital contentment. Moreover, early sexual experience has been linked to marital dissatisfaction, low self-esteem, and greater incidence of divorce. Many people come up with plenty of excuses to justify pre-marital sex. Here is one excuse. “I need to stay ‘well-informed' on how to do it.” But if you take this line of reasoning to its logical conclusion, it follows that the more people you roll in the hay with, the better informed you are…Five partners? Ten? Would fifty be enough? But how many of us really want our spouses that well informed? They may become better informed about things they never anticipated, like sexually transmitted diseases. Another excuse is “But we are in love!” True love will wait until marriage so that one can show and give his or her whole and complete self to the one that she or he loves. Sex is a powerful force that can destroy if not used properly. Yet another common excuse is “But we are getting married.” The possibility always exists that you may for some reason decide against marrying this person. When this happens you have, through sexual involvement, given a part of yourself to someone other than your spouse, a part you should have saved for your future wife or husband.

73 percent of all teens say that the reason they engage in sex is due to the social pressure. The schools even tell them in their “safe sex” education that it is okay as long as you use condoms and birth control pills. Dr. Mcllhaney said in a report to the Subcommittee on Health of the Committee on Energy and Commerce U. S. House of Representatives, “Despite what you may sometimes hear, there is no abundance of evidence that “dual message” or “comprehensive” programs [those being taught in schools and elsewhere] are effective at preventing teen pregnancies and STDs. Society is becoming more and more aware of the need for abstinence to be taught in schools instead of “safe sex” because there is no “safe sex” outside of marriage. Many doctors are in support of it.

Do not sell yourself short for the little bit of excitement in having sex before marriage. Wait! And it will be extraordinarily better than if you had not.

This is a mark driscoll sermon out oif his marriage series but you haven't quoted it as such.

He brings up good points about relationships but some ar too generalised

He brings up good points about relationships but some ar too generalised

What points does he make that you feel are not specific enough?

Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention!

Last edited: