• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

You Need God's Correction

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Staff member
I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, LORD, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die. Jeremiah 10:23-24

How much of your life's direction can you control? While you're responsible for your day-to-day choices, the ultimate destination of your life isn't in your hands alone. In the midst of the destruction of his homeland, the prophet Jeremiah saw the fragility of life firsthand. So much remained out of his control, and under the crushing loss of his country, he entrusted himself to God.

You likely don't face that kind of devastation and heartbreak today, but you face the prospect of seeing your plans, hopes, and dreams unravel in an instant. One phone call can end a job you have relied on; one doctor's visit can change your future plans; and one bad decision can unravel many good ones. You're surrounded by people whose choices can dramatically impact the course of your life.

In the midst of this uncertainty, you can join with Jeremiah who placed his trust in God to direct his life. True, he couldn’t plan his own course, but he could look to God for correction and instruction in the right path for his life.

I know, LORD, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course. So correct me, LORD, but please be gentle. Do not correct me in anger, for I would die. Jeremiah 10:23-24

How much of your life's direction can you control? While you're responsible for your day-to-day choices, the ultimate destination of your life isn't in your hands alone. In the midst of the destruction of his homeland, the prophet Jeremiah saw the fragility of life firsthand. So much remained out of his control, and under the crushing loss of his country, he entrusted himself to God.

You likely don't face that kind of devastation and heartbreak today, but you face the prospect of seeing your plans, hopes, and dreams unravel in an instant. One phone call can end a job you have relied on; one doctor's visit can change your future plans; and one bad decision can unravel many good ones. You're surrounded by people whose choices can dramatically impact the course of your life.

In the midst of this uncertainty, you can join with Jeremiah who placed his trust in God to direct his life. True, he couldn’t plan his own course, but he could look to God for correction and instruction in the right path for his life.
Thank you for sharing