• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

You are called to Stop

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." Psalm 46:10

You can wear yourself out trying to bring glory to God. Ministry burnout is common, and many who attend church on Sunday feel like they can’t add one more thing to their schedules. The idea of “being still” seems like a nice thought in theory, but who can truly be still?

Perhaps you struggle with being still and knowing that God is present because you believe that your world will fall apart if you stop working. You may have an exaggerated sense of your own importance or you may underestimate the power of God. Either way being still before God puts you in your place, and, more importantly, acknowledges God’s place over you.

Without your efforts and energy, God will still be honored throughout the earth. There is nothing you can give Him that He can’t obtain without you. In fact, your ministry to others is merely an out flowing of God through you.

As you become still before God, you can see that He is already honored and exalted throughout the earth. The Lord is more than capable of handling your problems and concerns. You’ll only see that with clarity if you learn to be still before Him (see Hebrews 4:9-11)

Loyal
Isa 40:31; Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.