• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Yet another false teacher

Active
Because miracles are meant for the unbelievers. Doesn't mean we shouldn't believe for them.

And if you pray for family and friends, you don't want to pray for them to be healed halfway or a week down the road. I didn't realize this was how I prayed, but how I was thinking when I prayed "Your will be done, Father."

Well, is it God's will to heal? Shouldn't we be specific as to what we desire in prayer? We are to come boldly before Him, correct? Is there anything wrong in praying for God to completely heal someone?
Because miracles are meant for the unbelievers

Wondering where you got that idea.

Well, is it God's will to heal?

I can confidently say the majority of your prayers do NOT result in instant healing, if they did you would be telling me the great events at the hospital. I would wager the same is true of your church.

So I'll ask you is it God's will to heal ? If yes I refer you to the above mentioned hospital challenge.

Is there anything wrong in praying for God to completely heal someone?

All healing comes from God , but if you're inferring that it is always God's will to heal all as some shout ( BY HIS STRIPES,,,) why arent you more successful? . Back to the hospital challenge.

Active

I can confidently say the majority of your prayers do NOT result in instant healing, if they did you would be telling me the great events at the hospital. I would wager the same is true of your church.

So I'll ask you is it God's will to heal ? If yes I refer you to the above mentioned hospital challenge.

All healing comes from God , but if you're inferring that it is always God's will to heal all as some shout ( BY HIS STRIPES,,,) why arent you more successful? . Back to the hospital challenge.

All I can say is I believe it is God's will to heal according to His Word. I may never see an entire hospital cleared out, but that doesn't stop me from believing God can do it. He is that awesome and that can happen. And maybe we don't want that bad enough to earnestly pray. I don't know all of that. But I don't believe that God's good, pleasing, and perfect will involves sickness. I don't.

Active
All I can say is I believe it is God's will to heal according to His Word. I may never see an entire hospital cleared out, but that doesn't stop me from believing God can do it. He is that awesome and that can happen. And maybe we don't want that bad enough to earnestly pray. I don't know all of that. But I don't believe that God's good, pleasing, and perfect will involves sickness. I don't.
Remember the man blind from birth ?

"As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, 'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?' Jesus answered, 'It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him'

Perhaps someday you can tell him he was blind because he was 'out of the will of God'. or lack faith.

None of the cliches will work. This is apostolic revelation and directly contrary to what you said above. I suggest you conform to Scripture. You'll like this even less: I dont think it is stated anywhere in Scripture directly but I do know that God orders history and I reckon more often than not had the disciples asked this same question they would have received a similar response. Laz was raised by the sovereign will of God, there is no doubt, and if a sparrow doesnt fall out side of God certainly Laz didnt either. Sickness isnt in view here but you already know that Pilate .Caiaphas and Judas all performed God's will yes ?

Remember the man blind from birth ?
[...]
None of the cliches will work. This is apostolic revelation and directly contrary to what you said above. I suggest you conform to Scripture. You'll like this even less: I dont think it is stated anywhere in Scripture directly but I do know that God orders history and I reckon more often than not had the disciples asked this same question they would have received a similar response. Laz was raised by the sovereign will of God, there is no doubt, and if a sparrow doesn't fall out side of God certainly Laz didn't either. Sickness isnt in view here but you already know that Pilate .Caiaphas and Judas all performed God's will yes ?
the only example that indicates it might have been God's will* that a man be born blind: specifically so Jesus could prove to the world he can give a man sight.
*and that is not what it says. it simply says that no sin was involved by him or his parents* in producing a man born blind.
*what about his grandparents?

then.. wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

or would someone's lack of faith hinder the process?

what i do know, is arrogant people on both sides of many arguments have hindered others from acting on their faith, and the word of faith movement is but one of many extremes.

there are women teaching that you can give birth without pain if you have sufficient faith for example, i don't think i need to mention that's controversial.
i'm reasonably certain i was cured of the herpes virus which i got from someone i had a relationship with when i was 4-7yrs old, and i prayed about that matter before i even suspected her motives were evil.
i don't know of any testimony of people cured of stds by forgiving their abuser, but i suspect many have been but are afraid to say so.
I have definitely have never heard of anyone cured of an std if they contracted it through willful sin on their part.

Active
the only example that indicates it might have been God's will* that a man be born blind: specifically so Jesus could prove to the world he can give a man sight.
*and that is not what it says. it simply says that no sin was involved by him or his parents* in producing a man born blind.

then.. wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

what i do know, is arrogant people on both sides of many arguments have hindered others from acting on their faith, and the word of faith movement is but one of many extremes.

there are women teaching that you can give birth without pain if you have sufficient faith for example, i don't think i need to mention that's controversial.
i'm reasonably certain i was cured of the herpes virus which i got from someone i had a relationship with when i was 4-7yrs old, and i prayed about that matter before i even suspected her motives were evil.
i don't know of any testimony of people cured of stds by forgiving their abuser, but i suspect many have been but are afraid to say so.
I have definitely have never heard of anyone cured of an std if they contracted it through willful sin on their part.

but that the works of God might be displayed in him'

Thats about as plain as it gets and since Jesus didnt mention his grand parents I think you should take a hint there.

God managed to create the universe without help from any man, He can do as He pleases

God managed to create the universe without help from any man, He can do as He pleases
btw it is very hard to read your blue text.

with that attitude, faith has no part in anything.

again, wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because/by of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

Active
btw it is very hard to read your blue text.

again, wouldn't it follow that everyone born with deficiencies because/by of God's will be healed by a Christian for the purpose of proving to the world that Jesus has authority over sickness and health?

I asked on another thread about the folks like Laz who were raised from the dead. What did they do to show or exercise their faith ? Or the beggar of Acts 3?

Jesus healed a lot of people, and also left many sick, but I dont think I m grasping what you re asking about. That said the man in the passage , we are told by Christ Himself, was placed there in need of healing , like it or not.

Colors,,, I forget some folks use the dark screen .

Loyal
I'm going to offer my 2 cents on this wonderful discussion and join all of you brilliant Bible Scholars :love: :sun: :love: .

This is how I see it based on my interpretation of scripture.

So in terms of healing:

I don't think healing is our primary mission, as someone stated and I agree we should preach the Gospel and love
others. However I do believe that healing is a part of our work as we continue what Jesus started.

I agree with @PloughBoy that the miracles of Jesus was primarily to authenticate His message,
and I also agree with @Mayflower that while this is true, the Holy Spirit's power in us to heal still exist.

To make it simple, we are the Body of Christ, and when Jesus walked the earth, He did the work of God.
As Jesus has ascended we are His hands and feet and we are to continue the work He did. We continue
to preach, we continue to heal, we continue to feed the poor. All that Jesus did except die on the cross for
the sins of the world, we are to continue that work in His absence.

In terms of the role of faith in healing, it goes both ways. You who are performing the miracle of healing
or saying the prayer of healing can bring about the healing based upon your faith. However if the
healing requires the participation of the one needing the healing, and they refuse the prayer or tell you
to go away, then you may not be so inclined to do the work of intercession if the one in need is working against
you. I don't recall Jesus forcing healing on anyone who did not want to be healed.
Obviously if someone is dead, you don't need their participation in the healing (I can testify of people dead
being raised in the 1990s, lady at our church we prayed for who was in the hospital ).

And to put the cherry on top related to healing. Everything has to fall under God's sovereign WILL. Yes we are
to go out praying for the sick and healing, yet there will be some that God does not want healed, some
that the sickness are actually a punishment from God, and some that are in that situation because of sin.
We don't know who these people are necessarily (and we often do a disservice when we try to guess,
telling people it is because of your sin or lack of faith that you are not healed). So we should pursue
to help others and let God be God and heal or not heal if it is or is not His will for someone to get healed.

Similar but different to preaching the Gospel. We are to preach to all, some will reject, others will accept,
we don't know who will receive the word but we go out and preach. Same with healing, we are to
pray for others to heal, we don't know who is believing when you pray or who it is not in God's WILL that
they be healed, but we just focus on our own faith and pray for their healing if the Spirit leads us, and let
God be God.

Active
I'm going to offer my 2 cents on this wonderful discussion and join all of you brilliant Bible Scholars :love: :sun: :love: .

This is how I see it based on my interpretation of scripture.

So in terms of healing:

I don't think healing is our primary mission, as someone stated and I agree we should preach the Gospel and love
others. However I do believe that healing is a part of our work as we continue what Jesus started.

I agree with @PloughBoy that the miracles of Jesus was primarily to authenticate His message,
and I also agree with @Mayflower that while this is true, the Holy Spirit's power in us to heal still exist.

To make it simple, we are the Body of Christ, and when Jesus walked the earth, He did the work of God.
As Jesus has ascended we are His hands and feet and we are to continue the work He did. We continue
to preach, we continue to heal, we continue to feed the poor. All that Jesus did except die on the cross for
the sins of the world, we are to continue that work in His absence.

In terms of the role of faith in healing, it goes both ways. You who are performing the miracle of healing
or saying the prayer of healing can bring about the healing based upon your faith. However if the
healing requires the participation of the one needing the healing, and they refuse the prayer or tell you
to go away, then you may not be so inclined to do the work of intercession if the one in need is working against
you. I don't recall Jesus forcing healing on anyone who did not want to be healed.
Obviously if someone is dead, you don't need their participation in the healing (I can testify of people dead
being raised in the 1990s, lady at our church we prayed for who was in the hospital ).

And to put the cherry on top related to healing. Everything has to fall under God's sovereign WILL. Yes we are
to go out praying for the sick and healing, yet there will be some that God does not want healed, some
that the sickness are actually a punishment from God, and some that are in that situation because of sin.
We don't know who these people are necessarily (and we often do a disservice when we try to guess,
telling people it is because of your sin or lack of faith that you are not healed). So we should pursue
to help others and let God be God and heal or not heal if it is or is not His will for someone to get healed.

Similar but different to preaching the Gospel. We are to preach to all, some will reject, others will accept,
we don't know who will receive the word but we go out and preach. Same with healing, we are to
pray for others to heal, we don't know who is believing when you pray or who it is not in God's WILL that
they be healed, but we just focus on our own faith and pray for their healing if the Spirit leads us, and let
God be God.

I agree with everything you are saying except very rarely is sickness used as judgement from God against a person. We are under a new and better covenant under the blood of Jesus Christ. We are no longer condemned for our sins known or unknown (Romans 8:1). So many place the blame on God when the blame should be on Satan, or yes, us. We can't eat unhealthy, not take care of our bodies, party, etc and expect miracle healing. We have a part in it. I wouldn't say something like cancer is judgement or the fault of a person. It is from the devil. But as a Christian, healing is always God's will. When it doesn't happen, it is not God's fault. Satan is a liar who distorts His image. He is the the one out to steal, kill, and destroy. Christ came to give abundant life. (John 10:10)

Loyal
I agree with everything you are saying except very rarely is sickness used as judgement from God against a person. We are under a new and better covenant under the blood of Jesus Christ. We are no longer condemned for our sins known or unknown (Romans 8:1). So many place the blame on God when the blame should be on Satan, or yes, us. We can't eat unhealthy, not take care of our bodies, party, etc and expect miracle healing. We have a part in it. I wouldn't say something like cancer is judgement or the fault of a person. It is from the devil. But as a Christian, healing is always God's will. When it doesn't happen, it is not God's fault. Satan is a liar who distorts His image. He is the the one out to steal, kill, and destroy. Christ came to give abundant life. (John 10:10)
Satan can only do what “The Sovereign GOD” has given Him permission to do. Satan cannot act unless GOD has given Him permission to do so.

Diseases cannot harm people unless GOD have given a Disease to act or kill. Death cannot act on anyone unless GOD gives death permission to excercise its power unless GOD tells it too.
For “GOD THE FATHER” is SOVEREIGN!

GOD is The One Who set “Satan a loose on Earth to war with Mankind!
And He will Also Send A Angel again with A chain and bound Satan a Thousand years, Then GOD will set him a loose again on Earth to Deceive The Whole World.
For many do not Believe THAT GOD is SOVEREIGN ! But GOD is Weak and is at War with a creature that HIS SON Has Created

I think to many Christian’s spend to much time playing Church and pretending and day dreaming and Fantasizing”

“now that is only a opinion and they know who they are”
And when they are judge they know they are without a Excuse .

Are we become great liars now? And claiming we have read “The Book “. If so why do we not act like it in our conversations.

A mere Angel is more powerful Than Satan

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn AWAY 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

PS. The Old Testament is The Foundation of The New Testament.
Without The Old the New is useless, Because The OLD Testament is The Word of GOD too!

“for low I come in the volume of The Book for it is written of me”

and what did The book of Acts say:
Paul and Silas at Berea

10And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thitherwent into the synagogue of the Jews. 11These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now what Scriptures do you think they Search?

The Old Testament they search in, for The New had not been written yet until many decades later. The Old Testament testifies of Christ!

So if one fails to not only read the Old Testament but know it, in its entirety is only during themselves a great “Injustice” in their proclamation of “The Gospel According to Jesus Christ”

Satan is GOD’s creation, he belongs to GOD. For he is only a instrument to carry out GOD’s Divine plan.

what kind of god are people believing in?
Are People reading The Book or are they listening to men and women tell stories of idol deities?

“Thou shall love The LORD thy GOD with all of thy mind, thy strength ,..ff.

and I guess the Christian’s who are dying everyday in third world countries haven’t got your messages, of eating heathy and getting healing and the escape from the Executions blade while their heads are falling to the ground. For “you shall be a Martyr throughout the world”
“Whosoever seeks to save his like shall loose it”
The True Child of GOD suffers and die violent deaths of all kinds of atrocities. Even starvations, want of food and water.

Loyal

Thanks for the response. I hear you stated that you would think that it is very rare that healing is used as judgment. When I hear that, I hear you stating
that it does happen, but not often. So I won't argue the point because you seem to agree that there are times when it is reserved for judgment (though not often).
So we do agree that God does reserve that option.

Another question that comes to mind would be (when you spoke of the new convenant) are you speaking of believers or nonbelievers?
Assuming you are speaking of believers, in your theology would you say that God's use of sickness on individuals changes based on
if they are a believer or a nonbeliever? Does the sun shine on the Just and the UnJust, or are the Children of God Chastised because
they are in the family and the nonbelievers individuals who are not children of God, left unpunished until the final judgment?

I don't know the answer to the question I'm asking above, but would like your scholarly spirit led thoughts. Thanks :sun:

Loyal
But as a Christian, healing is always God's will. When it doesn't happen, it is not God's fault. Satan is a liar who distorts His image. He is the the one out to steal, kill, and destroy. Christ came to give abundant life. (John 10:10)

When you say healing is always God's will, are you separating sickness from trials and tribulations?

Sickness being a specific trial or tribulation dealing with the health of the body, while people may have other
non-health related issues and have issues related to money, persecution, etc.

I think of Paul who asked for his thorn in the flesh to be removed and God denied the request.
My thoughts would be, assuming you are correct in your statement above; then Paul's thorn in the
flesh must not have been a physical sickness, is that correct? Because if it was a physical sickness
God would have removed it and not denied the request because it is always his will for us to be healed?

Just a question.

Loyal
Satan can only do what “The Sovereign GOD” has given Him permission to do. Satan cannot act unless GOD has given Him permission to do so.

Diseases cannot harm people unless GOD have given a Disease to act or kill. Death cannot act on anyone unless GOD gives death permission to excercise its power unless GOD tells it too.
For “GOD THE FATHER” is SOVEREIGN!

GOD is The One Who set “Satan a loose on Earth to war with Mankind!
And He will Also Send A Angel again with A chain and bound Satan a Thousand years, Then GOD will set him a loose again on Earth to Deceive The Whole World.
For many do not Believe THAT GOD is SOVEREIGN ! But GOD is Weak and is at War with a creature that HIS SON Has Created

I think to many Christian’s spend to much time playing Church and pretending and day dreaming and Fantasizing”

“now that is only a opinion and they know who they are”
And when they are judge they know they are without a Excuse .

Are we become great liars now? And claiming we have read “The Book “. If so why do we not act like it in our conversations.

A mere Angel is more powerful Than Satan

1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn AWAY 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

PS. The Old Testament is The Foundation of The New Testament.
Without The Old the New is useless, Because The OLD Testament is The Word of GOD too!

“for low I come in the volume of The Book for it is written of me”

and what did The book of Acts say:
Paul and Silas at Berea

10And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thitherwent into the synagogue of the Jews. 11These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Now what Scriptures do you think they Search?

The Old Testament they search in, for The New had not been written yet until many decades later. The Old Testament testifies of Christ!

So if one fails to not only read the Old Testament but know it, in its entirety is only during themselves a great “Injustice” in their proclamation of “The Gospel According to Jesus Christ”

Satan is GOD’s creation, he belongs to GOD. For he is only a instrument to carry out GOD’s Divine plan.

what kind of god are people believing in?
Are People reading The Book or are they listening to men and women tell stories of idol deities?

“Thou shall love The LORD thy GOD with all of thy mind, thy strength ,..ff.

and I guess the Christian’s who are dying everyday in third world countries haven’t got your messages, of eating heathy and getting healing and the escape from the Executions blade while their heads are falling to the ground. For “you shall be a Martyr throughout the world”
“Whosoever seeks to save his like shall loose it”
The True Child of GOD suffers and die violent deaths of all kinds of atrocities. Even starvations, want of food and water.

To add to your point @PloughBoy it reminds me of what Pastor Prince said.

He stated that we often think that Satan goes around doing bad things and God is responding and putting out the fires.
However, the pastor said, God is the one initiating and Satan is the one responding(reacting) to what God is doing.

For example, when Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Kind Herod wanted all the babies under a certain age killed.
Now, if we did not know what was happening spiritually we would think that Satan is using Herod to do something
bad and now God needs to respond to save the day. However it was God who had started something, He sent
the savior of the world into the world to save the world, and Satan was responding trying to stop what God was doing.

So I agree with you @PloughBoy that Satan is not the one with the plan while God tries to help us by thwarting Satan's plan,
God is the one with the plan and Satan is the one trying to play catch up, but whatever he does to foil the plan ends up
only pushing it further forward, i.e killing Jesus to stop Salvation, which actually led to the means of Salvation.

Loyal
The Dangers of Tuning into Andrew Wommack - Christian Research Institute From Colorado I believe, yet another false teacher. The Lord put it on my heart when i came across his Youtube video that he was a false prophet working for the devil.
Andrew Wommack i havent heard of yet. But there are other teachings that i have heard of , " Done " teaching , that unfortunately Ravi Zacharia is now preaching. The Done philosiphy is a false teaching. Its main principle states , since Jesus died on the cross, there is nothing you need to do, it is done.

I have read the book

There is nothing in it about repentance , baptism nor actually recieving Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Active
Thanks for the response. I hear you stated that you would think that it is very rare that healing is used as judgment. When I hear that, I hear you stating
that it does happen, but not often. So I won't argue the point because you seem to agree that there are times when it is reserved for judgment (though not often).
So we do agree that God does reserve that option.

Another question that comes to mind would be (when you spoke of the new convenant) are you speaking of believers or nonbelievers?
Assuming you are speaking of believers, in your theology would you say that God's use of sickness on individuals changes based on
if they are a believer or a nonbeliever? Does the sun shine on the Just and the UnJust, or are the Children of God Chastised because
they are in the family and the nonbelievers individuals who are not children of God, left unpunished until the final judgment?

I don't know the answer to the question I'm asking above, but would like your scholarly spirit led thoughts. Thanks :sun:

I would say that sickness comes from sin/the devil. To say God makes a believer/unbeliever sick, is putting blame in the wrong place. A believer has authority to tell sickness to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. Unbelievers are not under that covenant. I say judgement is rare, because the judgements I read about were on leaders/teachers of the church. Teachers are held double accountable what they teach.

" Done " teaching , that unfortunately Ravi Zacharia is now preaching. The Done philosiphy is a false teaching. Its main principle states , since Jesus died on the cross, there is nothing you need to do, it is done.
Usually accompanied by teaching that your future sins are forgiven. Doesn't sit right with me.

Active
When you say healing is always God's will, are you separating sickness from trials and tribulations?

Sickness being a specific trial or tribulation dealing with the health of the body, while people may have other
non-health related issues and have issues related to money, persecution, etc.

I think of Paul who asked for his thorn in the flesh to be removed and God denied the request.
My thoughts would be, assuming you are correct in your statement above; then Paul's thorn in the
flesh must not have been a physical sickness, is that correct? Because if it was a physical sickness
God would have removed it and not denied the request because it is always his will for us to be healed?

Just a question.

I always wondered if that thorn in the flesh was some sort of mental hurting because of the things he had done... I'm sure there was a lot of things Paul couldn't just unsee. I don't know. I don't know the answer to this one for certain. What I do know is God is good and all things good come from Him. People put a lot of blame on God. He has big shoulders. He can handle it. But blame colors a person's perception on who God is, so I think it is an important question to ask.

Active
Jesus also says to believe him by the miracles.

John 10:38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

I believe that God still miraculously heals, and, He might allow some sickness so that we change a way of life that we are engaging in, and I also believe that sometimes the blessing comes from going to a doctor. However, I will say, the miraculously blessings are so much easier.

Active

I asked on another thread about the folks like Laz who were raised from the dead. What did they do to show or exercise their faith ? Or the beggar of Acts 3?
Lazarus was a friend of Jesus', and, sometimes Jesus healed people by the faith of their relative. Jesus was friends with Lazarus and his sister.