• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Yes, i am single... So what!?!

YES, I AM SINGLE …SO WHAT!?!

Being single is not a disaster, in fact, singleness means FREEDOM. Freedom from the chain of unpredicted heartbreaks and frustration. From the bondage of unwanted obligations and from the pains and worries failed relationships caused. As the bible says, “ Heart is the wellspring of life”, (prov.4:23) so, its up to us whether we are going to guard it or not… whatever ways we are going to take, we have to put in our minds that it is us who makes choices… as they say, we make our own destiny. God gave us the freewill to decide for ourselves. He is not a God who pushes us against our will. He wants us to follow Him with all our hearts, not in reluctant spirit.
Anyway, back to the topic. Singleness is a gift. Or should I say a barrowed time in which we have to enjoy. Personally, I don’t believe that it is Gods design for a man and woman to spend a lifetime alone. Remember what God says in Genesis? “it is NOT good for a man to be ALONE. I will make a helper/ partner suitable for him. Genesis 2:18. You see? The original design was Adam have eve... The problem here was what keeps our partners (Gods will) busy to delay his/ her arrival? Hmnn… is she/he stocked in the romantics traffic? Probably… or maybe he/she is busy looking for “the right person” ( in his/ her own standard) that this person leaves you unnoticed?!
Pipz, listen to what I am about to say, it isn’t because you have a bad hair day that makes your man away or that you think you are ugly... (NO WAY! We are fearfully and wonderfully made.) Let’s try to consult Mr. and Mrs. Adam and Eve. When Mr. Adam looked around the garden the Lord asked him to name every creature God made. He follows… but the Lord noticed that among the creatures he made, our hero is alone. He had no partner. No suitable partner for him. And so the Lord makes our man fall into deep sleep.. and while he was sleeping the Lord makes a Woman out of his own ribs. Guess what happened when he wakes up? Presto!!! Behold a beautiful lady was standing in front of him… whew... Can you imagine how their time stops while its raining hearts... I can smell the love in the air. Anyways, note that the man hadn’t asked for Ms. Eve. It is the Lord will to give her to him. It’s HIS ultimate design. All he did was follows what God says. I am not suggesting that you guys starts to name every creature in the world. Hahaha… my point is, in God’s perfect time, He is going to gave us the right person to whom we are going to spend our lifetime. So stop flirting everywhere, we might miss the RIGHT PERSON, we don’t want to make that mistake right? So, what are we going to do? Let’s keep busy for the kingdom of God, do things that pleases God. Again, the bible says, “ do not awaken love until it is desire..” anyways, God knows when will be the right time for us to love and be loved (romantic relationships) in an extraordinary way. Don’t be sudden because he/ she is not yet on their way to us, God is busy righting the best love story for us… and I know right now, God is preparing our hearts for that special someone… God is molding each hearts so we can have the best tandem. The exact picture of Gods love. And, don’t get bored while waiting, we don’t know one day, we will meet him/her right in the next bend. Then we can have our happy beginning… with the right person. IT WORTH THE WAIT!
( knock! Knock!) I AM SINGLE….. SO WHAT!?! :embarasse

one of the things i had to deal with when i use to be single is that it is Gods timing not mine...cause everytime i chose i chose the wrong ones...but when God chose for me and told me to pray for my man..he brought mr right saved by Grace and he restored a old flame. but he brought him back to me saved..that is the power of prayer when we cannot see the future..the Lord already knows.. i thank him for my husband and just look at him and think to myself..gosh what a great looking man the Lord has blessed me with..he looks better saved than lost..

I absolutely love being single. I've never had the desire to be married. Never had the desire to have children. Even moreso, now that I am a Christian.

I couldn't imagine my life any other way.