• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Wrath of God !!

Loyal
The Wrath of God, to me and correct me if I am wrong is not going to heaven, is being separated from God for eternity. Ending up in the lake of fire

Seems everyone loves to talk about how we are saved by grace, but no one wants to talk about the wrath of God for those that are not saved. The punishment for living in habitual sin is not inheriting the kingdom of heaven to me that is the wrath of God, his punishment.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

We must repent when we repent we turn to Jesus we stop living in sin,

1 John 2:3
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.

Luke 11:28
But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

I think it is pretty clear if we are not obedient and do not repent we aint getting into heaven

Just recently I watched a movie that was a true story and I think represents a lot of what I here on social media and see in mainstream preaching. And that is they focus on Grace and a Loving God and preach a feel good message leaving out all together the punishment we will face from God if not obedient.

The movie was “any Sunday” about a preacher named Carlton Pearson and is based on a true story. He basically used one or two versus in the bible to claim all men are saved and we can live as we want, because God is so loving. This movie is pretty good and got me thinking if I did not know the word of God I would have been hooked lined and sunk for that message. Because he got one part right God is loving but he also will punish us and no one seems to want to talk about that. Yet it is in the bible. the best lies are the ones that have some truth in them.

You never hear people talking about what the bible says about getting into heaven is HARD and FEW Make it.

Matthew 7:13-14
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Loyal
The Wrath of God, to me and correct me if I am wrong is not going to heaven, is being separated from God for eternity. Ending up in the lake of fire

Seems everyone loves to talk about how we are saved by grace, but no one wants to talk about the wrath of God for those that are not saved. The punishment for living in habitual sin is not inheriting the kingdom of heaven to me that is the wrath of God, his punishment.

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

We must repent when we repent we turn to Jesus we stop living in sin,

1 John 2:3
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.

Luke 11:28
But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Romans 6:16
Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

I think it is pretty clear if we are not obedient and do not repent we aint getting into heaven

Just recently I watched a movie that was a true story and I think represents a lot of what I here on social media and see in mainstream preaching. And that is they focus on Grace and a Loving God and preach a feel good message leaving out all together the punishment we will face from God if not obedient.

The movie was “any Sunday” about a preacher named Carlton Pearson and is based on a true story. He basically used one or two versus in the bible to claim all men are saved and we can live as we want, because God is so loving. This movie is pretty good and got me thinking if I did not know the word of God I would have been hooked lined and sunk for that message. Because he got one part right God is loving but he also will punish us and no one seems to want to talk about that. Yet it is in the bible. the best lies are the ones that have some truth in them.

You never hear people talking about what the bible says about getting into heaven is HARD and FEW Make it.

Matthew 7:13-14
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Let me share my beloved brother in Christ. I believe there are several reasons why we don't hear
about he wrath of God preached.

(1) Lack of knowledge (Truth)
His people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. With all kinds of doctrine floating around some actually
believe that God is just soft and loving like a big teddy bear. Don't get me wrong, God's love is endless
and the depths of His grace are unfathomable, but His wrath is true but many lack the Knowledge of that.

(2) Courage
It takes courage to stand up for the truth when the whole world is promoting sin. Think about
Jonah, how about Noah, and even Lot in Sodom and Gomorrah. How much courage do you think
it took them to preach the wrath of God. How about Moses? "Let me people go!". Do you think we have
many servants of God like that today? Perhaps some, but probably that is not the average Christian.

We need more people who know truth and have the courage to share it.

Loyal
the fake grace gospel has finally made its way here on TJ, I figured it would be just a matter of time until it popped up. Just for the record I know its Grace that saves us, so I am not saying grace is fake, I am saying it is being distorted to appeal to the flesh and we all need to be on guard.

If the message you here appeals to flesh and not the spirit its not from above is it??

Loyal
We are always told to "know" God by talking to him, but that is a very very limited way of knowing someone who is living on the inside of us! The ultimate way of knowing God is by letting his mind dwell within us. How can a person not know the thoughts of God when he is filled with His Spirit that are the thoughts of God? Do we ever get mad, or upset when we see injustice in this world, or iniquity? Do we allow ourselves to be angry and sin not as the scripture says? These are not our own feelings, they are God's feelings as he is living on the inside of each of his children. Can we know and understand the "wrath" of God? Absolutely yes because we died on the cross with Jesus, and it is no longer "I" that liveth, but Christ liveth in me, and he is God.

Loyal
Christ's Coming

2 Thessalonians 1

5All this is clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment. And so you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering. 6After all, it is only right for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7and to grant relief to you who are oppressed and to us as well, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels 8in blazing fire.

He will inflict vengeance on those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9They will suffer the penalty of eternal destruction, separated from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His might, 10on the day He comes to be glorified in His saints and regarded with wonder by all who have believed, including you who have believed our testimony.

I here a lot of people say they believe but they do not obey, seems this scripture is saying that if you really truly believe you will obey, seems if you do not obey you are going to feel and know Gods wrath.

obeying and not obeying seem to have eternal consequences. yet we hardly ever here about that, we always here about the mercy and grace part with out much talk about the punishment part.

Active
There exists a core group of people who sincerely believe that God is only a loving God regardless of our attitudes and behaviour. The Bible teaches a markedly different message about God in that He has high expectations of those who claim to follow His ways with zero problem in rejecting those who say and do not. This teaching of a loving God without high ideals is about replacing the will of God with their own.

I truly believe the true wrath of God will rest on those who once knew Him and rejected His will for their own. Additionally, it would include those who claim to be part of the Kingdom, yet do little or nothing to further its cause through teaching the importance of repentance and being a good role model which passes circumspection.

Loyal
There exists a core group of people who sincerely believe that God is only a loving God regardless of our attitudes and behaviour.

I never watch "zombie" shows on television. In fact, really I detest them. But I confess, I was flipping through some channels, and...

Then was a scene of this show... a lady's son gets bitten by a zombie, and so he turns into a zombie...
(I know this is weird, but bare with me here).

Anyway there comes a point, where the lady is trapped in a place, and her son is coming after her. She still loves her son.
But she has a gun in her hands and she has to decide which one of them is going to die.

Now that I've stick my neck pretty far out here... :)

Could it be... that God loves even the unbelievers? That doesn't save them from death and the Lake of Fire.
Could it be that He doesn't want anyone to go to hell, and He loves them all the way until the end.

Now on the television show, the lady's husband shows up "in the nick of time". He has a gun also. The lady yells at him
not to shoot their son. (emotional tears are in her eyes) and the husband yells back... "he isn't my son anymore".
It's obvious the emotion is gone from the father.

Is God like this? Does He just say, they rejected Me and My Son... I feel nothing for them. They are just fuel for the fire.

Don't get me wrong, they still end up in hell and torment. But did God ever stop loving them?

Active
I never watch "zombie" shows on television. In fact, really I detest them. But I confess, I was flipping through some channels, and...

Then was a scene of this show... a lady's son gets bitten by a zombie, and so he turns into a zombie...
(I know this is weird, but bare with me here).

Anyway there comes a point, where the lady is trapped in a place, and her son is coming after her. She still loves her son.
But she has a gun in her hands and she has to decide which one of them is going to die.

Now that I've stick my neck pretty far out here... :)

Could it be... that God loves even the unbelievers? That doesn't save them from death and the Lake of Fire.
Could it be that He doesn't want anyone to go to hell, and He loves them all the way until the end.

Now on the television show, the lady's husband shows up "in the nick of time". He has a gun also. The lady yells at him
not to shoot their son. (emotional tears are in her eyes) and the husband yells back... "he isn't my son anymore".
It's obvious the emotion is gone from the father.

Is God like this? Does He just say, they rejected Me and My Son... I feel nothing for them. They are just fuel for the fire.

Don't get me wrong, they still end up in hell and torment. But did God ever stop loving them?

I don't watch them either. I do not remember the last time I watched a television show. Mankind would be doomed if God did not show grace toward sinners. He prefers that no one should perish. No argument from me on the topic.

Loyal
Zombies are walking dead people and that is what every person walking around without Jesus in his heart is. With regard to believing in God, it requires more than lip service. Saying you believe without obeying God or at least always striving to obey to God is not what the scripture calls faith.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" Heb 11:6