• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Worship

First of all id like to hear wot your definition of worship is ?

Worship to me is my hearts responce to gods spirit !

Also do we worship God because of who he is?
or because of what he can do in our lives?

your thoughts please

The following is how I see true worship. Worshipping God in Spirit and in Truth:-

First of all true worship would be an understanding and obedience to the two commandments Jesus gave us in Mark 12:30/31:
"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these."

And your question...
Also do we worship God because of who he is?
or because of what he can do in our lives?...

Until by the Grace of God, the cross has had its effect in our lives, in that we give up all for Christ, and continue to do so, only then are we delivered from self deception and false worship. For if there is something in our life which comes before Christ, we become easily self-deceived into believing we are serving and worshipping God, but in fact, we are worshipping that which we are holding onto, and/or our self desires.

Our safeguard is that we see the value of the Cross (understanding the Wisdom of God), by watching ourselves that we remain humble before Him, and open to conviction by the Holy Spirit, that nothing is taking our love away from Him (the first commandment to love God with ALL our heart etc.).

Then we worship Him because we love the truth (which sets us free)therefore we love Him....and worship Him in Spirit and in truth.

Worshipping God is a life style after life changed. . .

Everything I am. . .I have. . .I do. . .should include my mind and heart and soul and spirit towards my Father in Heaven!

Living in Thankfullness every day after realizing what Jesus did for me on that cross. . .what pain and suffering he endured for me . . .what strenght He showed not to give up and drop His task because He loves me!

What a friend I have in Jesus :love:

In October this year I will be a Christ follower for 10 years . . .

How much have I failed giving up doing what God offered me to do. . .how often did I drop because of too much .. .and I cant do it. . .

How often have I had the I-dont-care-attitude. . .and did not include Jesus in my plans. .. left Him at home while shopping

"For things we dont need . . .with money we dont have . . .to impress people we dont like"

Worship in my life means to live intense daily . . .knowing being the best wife I can be to hubby. . .being the most attending mom to my kids I know how to. . .being the best worker at my jobplace to my boss. . .being the best servant to my fellowservants at my church (and TJ nowadays too :love:). . .

All in All:

Worship is my wanna be the best offer to God for the rest of my life in Thankfulness :love: . . .In Jesus name

Worship, to me, can be anything that is Holy Spirit led. If He moves me to speak words of adoration out of a heart full of gratitude for all that He has done, will do, and will be doing....I speak. If the Holy Spirit speaks the Word to "be still and KNOW that God is God"....I am silent. Whether it is being obedient or sincerely repenting for disobedience, I am honoring God as my Eternal Father. I am constrained by His Love...as part of the Body of Christ...as a temple of His Holy Spirit...to allow myself to decrease so that He is increased. Moment by moment..