• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Worship in Church

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I'm kind of curious...In your church do they gear the services to young people? Old people? Do they mix it up with old worship songs and this rockish kind of thing?
My Lady is listening to some service on the internet right now and I'm about to leave the room. I mean I love the old music/songs. I like rock music but this...stuff is neither...It's noise. No lie! If I was in that church, I would have to go outside until they were finished.
It makes me wonder too....How many older people feel left out because of it?

Active
To address the worship music in church today is to lay hands on the golden calf. It is abysmal. Most is not worship anymore, it is entertainment. Choir directors are no longer directing the people toward worship, they are showing what a great singer they and the choir are.

People don't seem to realize that God has a music and so does satan. (Gen. 4:21)

Quantrill

I'm kind of curious...In your church do they gear the services to young people? Old people? Do they mix it up with old worship songs and this rockish kind of thing?
My Lady is listening to some service on the internet right now and I'm about to leave the room. I mean I love the old music/songs. I like rock music but this...stuff is neither...It's noise. No lie! If I was in that church, I would have to go outside until they were finished.
It makes me wonder too....How many older people feel left out because of it?
At my church the worship songs vary. Some are hymns and some songs are contemporary gospel. I think we need a variation of different styles of music so as to meet the needs of all worshipers if you want to continue to bring people to God's house. Now I agree some songs seem to be geared more to a younger taste and in some cases more noise than actual music but if we are going to continue to bring people to Christ the word has to be delivered to touch people at their need and experience level. Some music however can be toned down a bit so as to allow the word to be heard.

When I first moved to Tauranga, I visited several churches before settling on Bethlehem Community Church. The first two or three played the music so loud that myself and a few others had to go outside because it was unbearable. One of the ladies who came outside with me told me that the people who live over the valley from the church had complained about the noise and the church was forced to keep the doors closed. Funny but they didn't think to reduce the loudness of the music. I often wonder what God thinks about loud noise we are calling praise and worship.

Active
When I first moved to Tauranga, I visited several churches before settling on Bethlehem Community Church. The first two or three played the music so loud that myself and a few others had to go outside because it was unbearable. One of the ladies who came outside with me told me that the people who live over the valley from the church had complained about the noise and the church was forced to keep the doors closed. Funny but they didn't think to reduce the loudness of the music. I often wonder what God thinks about loud noise we are calling praise and worship.
He probably thinks the same thing you did when you walked out the door. Just because someone picks up a Bible and starts talking doesn't mean they are a believer or are giving you something from God. They may well not be. The same is true with music. Just because someone adds God or Jesus in their music, doesn't mean their music is from God.

Sometimes you're only recourse is to avoid the music at the beginning of the service. Or find another fellowship. Which is a shame because music is important in the worship service.

Quantrill