• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Working out our own Salvation?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Working out our own Salvation?

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Are we suppose to “work out our own salvation”? I thought we are saved by grace through faith.....not of WORKS lest any man should boast. (Eph 2:8-9)

All men/women like to boast of their own accomplishments. Boasting comes from the flesh and not the rebirthed human spirit. The Apostle Paul before his conversion thought he was hot stuff concerning the works of the law. He considered himself to be blameless without fault (sinless).(Philp 3:6)
If there was ever a man who trusted in his own works, which he himself performed it was Saul of Tarsus, who later became the Apostle Paul. (Philp 3:4)

The “WORKS” of “faith” is what God does through a man who has real faith. The works part is proof that a man has faith. The Lord told me decades ago....

“It is possible for a man to have works without faith, but, it is impossible for a man to have faith without works”

That sounds like a contradiction but it is not. All works of faith are performed by God who simply works what man is believing in him to do. God is always working on behalf of, and or through a man who has faith in him. The works part of faith is the “evidence” that a man has real faith. No one knows this to be true more than the man God is using for his Glory. You will never find a person who is “anointed” by God to ever claim his works comes from himself, or in what he has attained from himself!

We have this treasure in earthly vessels so that the excellency of the power is of God, and not of ourselves! ( 2 Cor 4:7)

Anyone can go out and preach the word of God, even teach it based on their own wisdom, and strength!!

The Apostle Paul was constantly writing to the Church's and answering the questions that they had about things they did not know. This is never a bad thing for young Christians as that is the very purpose on why Jesus gave to the Church apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. The “perfecting” of the Saints is for each and every member to become “mature” in their faith and understanding.

Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And HE GAVE SOME, APOSTLES; AND SOME, PROPHETS; AND SOME, EVANGELISTS; AND SOME, PASTORS AND TEACHERS;
Eph 4:12 FOR THE PERFECTING OF THE SAINTS, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 TILL WE ALL COME IN THE UNITY OF THE FAITH, AND OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE SON OF GOD, UNTO A PERFECT MAN, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

The goal is to bring all believers to “maturity” NOT so we can just have fundraisers, or pot lucks because it's cool, or try and increase the members in our local body of believers. The Lord adds to his Church, we don't!

The true ministry is NOT given to just the five-fold ministry but to ALL it's members!!! The maturing of the saints is it's ultimate goal! When we were children in the Lord we did not know anything, but when we become a “man” (Mature) we are supposed to put away childish things, thoughts, and questions that we should have known a long time ago!

1Co 3:1 And I, BRETHREN, COULD NOT SPEAK UNTO YOU AS UNTO SPIRITUAL, BUT AS UNTO CARNAL, EVEN AS UNTO BABES IN CHRIST.
1Co 3:2 I HAVE FED YOU WITH MILK, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 FOR YE ARE YET CARNAL: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Heb 5:11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.
Heb 5:12 FOR WHEN FOR THE TIME YE OUGHT TO BE TEACHERS, YE HAVE NEED THAT ONE TEACH YOU AGAIN WHICH BE THE FIRST PRINCIPLES OF THE ORACLES OF GOD; AND ARE BECOME SUCH AS HAVE NEED OF MILK, and not of strong meat.
Heb 5:13 FOR EVERY ONE THAT USETH MILK IS UNSKILFUL IN THE WORD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS: FOR HE IS A BABE.
Heb 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

How many years need to pass before we grow into maturity? How many times do we need to hear the same ol sermons year after year, and still never grow up?

The same God that was living inside the Apostle Paul was the same God living in each and every member of the body of believers he wrote too!!

Where did Paul get the answers to the questions the Church's asked of him?
From the exact same place, we are supposed to get our answers from. This is why the scriptures says......

1John 2:27 But THE ANOINTING WHICH YE HAVE RECEIVED OF HIM ABIDETH IN YOU, AND YE NEED NOT THAT ANY MAN TEACH YOU: BUT AS THE SAME ANOINTING TEACHETH YOU OF ALL THINGS, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

It is the “anointing” that teaches us ALL things, and is true!!!! We should not need any man to teach us anything once we become “MATURE” in the Lord!!!!

Getting the Church to this point of maturity is the only goal for the five-fold ministry gifts. If it is anything else then this, we have missed the whole point of gathering together!!! This is why Paul said to the Church.....

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, WORK OUT YOUR OWN SALVATION WITH FEAR AND TREMBLING.
PHP 2:13 FOR IT IS GOD WHICH WORKETH IN YOU BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO OF HIS GOOD PLEASURE.

If you need answers to anything in your life, no matter what it is then you need to work it out for yourself, because it is God who is at work in you both to will, and do of his good pleasure!!!!

Pro 20:5 COUNSEL IN THE HEART OF MAN is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.

Pro 16:23 The HEART OF THE WISE teacheth his mouth, and addeth learning to his lips.