• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

words that are telling

Loyal
One thing I have noticed over the years being on Christian Forums are words that seems common place for people that perhaps are not as mature in there walk as they think they are, I know I am a babe in Christ, so I am not judging anyone, just trying to use good judgement.

When I see people all the time accusing other people of being wrong, this is usually a red flag to me about a the maturity of a person. For instance the mature Christians I see on forumns hardly ever accuse people of being wrong, they do point out scripture and make there points and hold there ground but they dont attack or accuse other people of being wrong in rude way.

Just wondering if others have seen this, or am I just crazy ;)

Loyal
@Dave M -- you're definitely Not crazy.

Hmm-- the maturity of a person being reflected. Interesting.

There are all types of personalities in this world and all 'flavors' of Christians. And at times, I probably don't appear very mature , either.

But we Also need to take a stand on Scripture / God's Word.

And , you're right -- there's no room / need For rudeness. or for attacking the person. :)

Staff Member
or am I just crazy :wink:

you don't have to be crazy here, but it sure helps!

on a more serious note, admitting you are wrong is a good thing to be able to do. We 'talk' about good works, and while there are some things [plenty of things] we can do that others see obviously, some things, like being able to admit being wrong about something, might not get noticed by the majority or might be seen in the wrong 'light'.
Perhaps works like that are more fruit?

Same goes for gentle replies and patience. Sometimes [often for some, like me] the flesh wants to bounce up to the throne and push Jesus off and get hasty and rude and unforgiving, bitter, snide, full ridicule, proud and full of oneself and ones opinion.

Sometimes folks are straight out wrong but as always, it is not all in what we might say to someone, it is how we say it [or write it], that counts and while some are happy to be shown any error, others get rather defensive and counter the correction with ungodly stuff.

Being a hypocrite is not one of my favourite pastimes, but i have been shown from time to time, and sometimes more often, that i am, or have been, a hypocrite. The Lord shows me more than anyone because He knows my every bit, inside and out and as we are never out of His sight, we can thankfully accept and be glad when He does show us any such thing.

And then there is Grace. How often do we really take it to heart? Is Grace there in our thoughts and thankfulness when we get judging others as if we have always been pure and holy and faultless in every way?

Perhaps we could all do well to remember our first love more often, both online and offline.

Thank you for your observation Dave.

Bless you ....><>

Staff Member
One thing I have noticed over the years being on Christian Forums are words that seems common place for people that perhaps are not as mature in there walk as they think they are, I know I am a babe in Christ, so I am not judging anyone, just trying to use good judgement.

When I see people all the time accusing other people of being wrong, this is usually a red flag to me about a the maturity of a person. For instance the mature Christians I see on forumns hardly ever accuse people of being wrong, they do point out scripture and make there points and hold there ground but they dont attack or accuse other people of being wrong in rude way.

Just wondering if others have seen this, or am I just crazy :wink:

Hello Brother Dave,
Always remember that even believers have a tendency to see in their own minds the rightness of whatever they are saying, unless its in the form of a question....most times anyway! For even questions can be used to try and put other people in their place. :-(

You are right in seeing that the accusatory nature of some Brothers/Sisters in Christ Jesus which have left you to question where others are as it pertains to their Walk with the Lord, as well as with their understanding of 1 Corinthians 13 in application in all aspects of their lives and why it might be so. Just understand that even the mature believer can find the need to be seen as right, by which I don't mean communicating the fullness of truth, becomes more important to them than anything else. To give you an idea of what I mean and one you've seen many a time I'm sure not only here but on other forums. Is the Grace/Works debate. Oh, and I'm not going into it here! Just an example :smile: lol

Surely, you are at the very least moving from Babe, into Teenager years dear brother!
:smile:
You do awesome in trying to help others here at TJ, regardless of their maturity as a Christian, and on the forums, one should never ask more then that from anyone! You are honest, and forthright in your desire to learn more, and ask questions or provide answers that many of the more "mature" miss. Which are truly beneficial to those who receive your words. So, brother if you are crazy, know that it's a big boat that you're in, because you are not alone in what you are seeing! Just don't move too much in the boat, its kind of cramp and I can't swim too well!

With the Love of Christ Jesus Brother Dave.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Staff Member
and I can't swim too well!

perhaps you should walk, instead, Nick?

your words, Nick, remind me a bit of the comparison between the tender meat of a younger animal and the tough chewy stuff from an old one.
For vegetarians out there, the same goes for vegetables and the like. A tender leaf is always nicer than an old one!

Same as fresh running water from a spring and water that has been sitting in a bog and the sun for weeks on end.

It is so good to have reminders like Dave in my life and older fossils like you to remind me of that!

Bless you ....><>

Active
Indeed it is hard kicking against the pricks. We are to be Christ like none the less and in some instances in our word Christ seemed rude or "short with people"; hence even screaming at them in the synagogue.

Most will stand up and fight because "joe blow" has hurt or mistreated, a loved one very close to us and we sit on our tongue in the house because of what those folks will think of us if we speak up in God's defense. Ouch.

Christ our Lord put Father first and foremost, and took no worries about our personal sensitivity or that we would be "butt hurt" by His words.

We need to be MORE Christ like, and a whole lot less like "us". Do we know the character of God yet? He is unchanged. We coddle those and step on our tongue, because... we know the wolf pack will seek death upon us too...? Ouch.

Many things has happened in my life over the last 5 yrs. Do I blame those for their malicious behavior? Sure i do, and want to say i dont understand why. Well, thats a lie. I do understand why. God just answering my prayers. Lord, remove anything in the way of me doing your will, that i will pick up my cross and follow you; with you, in you, by you, for you. And so it is. Now when my prayers started being answered, I ran from God. Yes Jonah and me know each other very well also. I still confessing the Lord to the world and they would take me in and entice me with their way of life. Did it hurt me? No, but it has hurt them. Because I was running, i put the whole ship in fear of sinking; seeing the turmoil coming upon them I would run again.

My only begotten doing life, my grand daughter being withheld from me, my mother passing on, now my cabin has burned. And just before the cabin burnt God telling me to unload the baggage. What I couldnt walk away from isnt in my way anymore. The devil has a job to do too, he is the prince of this world.

Now, God asking me "doest thou well to be angry?"

My giant whale called the world that i tried to put back on has vomited me out on dry land. It sure is desolate out here. And i have returned to go forth and do His will, yet slowly, kicking against the pricks but not angry about it, just alittle scared perhaps because i know how the flesh will end. And the devil knows he has a short time left, so he wants to hold me captive, and even that can only hold me until God delivers me.

My dear friend Job, well I know him too; and his many sorrows. But these days nobody came to sit in the dirt with me, I was alone with God in sorrows. Then I remember you, my brothers and sisters, who may sit in the dirt with me and give me the chatter I need.

I suppose I have written to you about this in confession of running away. God forgive me. I have sit under His grace and mercy, just as Jonah has done, mad about it; and Job in great distress of all that he lost, full of sorrows; the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

I have learned take no thought of tomorrow, or what I will eat or drink or wear, or where I may be; God has got this (me) and I wait for one who will believe with me so I may start my journey and speak forth the many testimonies He has given me to speak. Be a light unto all the world He says, and yet i am being hid away. Why? because nobody believes? or because everyone fears the truth and our personal sensitivities may get stepped on? It burned through the messenger too. I fear standing up front speaking what "i ought to say" but i fear Him more if I don't.

Wow, that was deep Lord.

All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Just wondering if others have seen this, or am I just crazy :wink:

I have heard it from Christians much more mature than I that it is not a messengers job to judge, for judgement is God’s job, nor is it a messenger’s job to convict, for conviction is the Holy Ghost’s job.

Needless to say, Jesus in his first coming also played the role of messenger, which he kept unto the cross.

He commanded us to preach his gospel, while also telling us that if we love him, we will follow his commandments. As we all know from personal experience... everyone loves to shoot the messenger, so we know persecution awaits us.

Now we may have a better understanding of what Jesus meant when he told us we must take up our cross and follow him. :)

Staff Member
Indeed it is hard kicking against the pricks. We are to be Christ like none the less and in some instances in our word Christ seemed rude or "short with people"; hence even screaming at them in the synagogue.

Most will stand up and fight because "joe blow" has hurt or mistreated, a loved one very close to us and we sit on our tongue in the house because of what those folks will think of us if we speak up in God's defense. Ouch.

Christ our Lord put Father first and foremost, and took no worries about our personal sensitivity or that we would be "butt hurt" by His words.

We need to be MORE Christ like, and a whole lot less like "us". Do we know the character of God yet? He is unchanged. We coddle those and step on our tongue, because... we know the wolf pack will seek death upon us too...? Ouch.

Many things has happened in my life over the last 5 yrs. Do I blame those for their malicious behavior? Sure i do, and want to say i dont understand why. Well, thats a lie. I do understand why. God just answering my prayers. Lord, remove anything in the way of me doing your will, that i will pick up my cross and follow you; with you, in you, by you, for you. And so it is. Now when my prayers started being answered, I ran from God. Yes Jonah and me know each other very well also. I still confessing the Lord to the world and they would take me in and entice me with their way of life. Did it hurt me? No, but it has hurt them. Because I was running, i put the whole ship in fear of sinking; seeing the turmoil coming upon them I would run again.

My only begotten doing life, my grand daughter being withheld from me, my mother passing on, now my cabin has burned. And just before the cabin burnt God telling me to unload the baggage. What I couldnt walk away from isnt in my way anymore. The devil has a job to do too, he is the prince of this world.

Now, God asking me "doest thou well to be angry?"

My giant whale called the world that i tried to put back on has vomited me out on dry land. It sure is desolate out here. And i have returned to go forth and do His will, yet slowly, kicking against the pricks but not angry about it, just alittle scared perhaps because i know how the flesh will end. And the devil knows he has a short time left, so he wants to hold me captive, and even that can only hold me until God delivers me.

My dear friend Job, well I know him too; and his many sorrows. But these days nobody came to sit in the dirt with me, I was alone with God in sorrows. Then I remember you, my brothers and sisters, who may sit in the dirt with me and give me the chatter I need.

I suppose I have written to you about this in confession of running away. God forgive me. I have sit under His grace and mercy, just as Jonah has done, mad about it; and Job in great distress of all that he lost, full of sorrows; the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

I have learned take no thought of tomorrow, or what I will eat or drink or wear, or where I may be; God has got this (me) and I wait for one who will believe with me so I may start my journey and speak forth the many testimonies He has given me to speak. Be a light unto all the world He says, and yet i am being hid away. Why? because nobody believes? or because everyone fears the truth and our personal sensitivities may get stepped on? It burned through the messenger too. I fear standing up front speaking what "i ought to say" but i fear Him more if I don't.

Wow, that was deep Lord.

All praise, glory and honor be unto God. Amen

Greetings @rag4acrown1

Stay strong and allow His strength to be perfected in your weakness
He is faithful

JESUS is LORD

Bless you ....><>

Active

Just wondering if others have seen this, or am I just crazy ;)
test all things spoken in the light of Gods true word if God aint said it reject it pray for discernent and know the word cant go wrong took me years to get this as everybody got something to say opinions flesh Trust God in his revealed word(God says what he means and means what he says )trust in Gods word as Absolute Authority AMEN God bless you God sees and knows your heart so pray and seek true bible believers who walk the walk n talk the talk as Gods way says in his word and the.Holy spirit will guide and teach you x Amen

Active
Greetings @rag4acrown1

Stay strong and allow His strength to be perfected in your weakness
He is faithful

JESUS is LORD

Bless you ....><>

Amen and Hallelujah to your post i am going through the job experience now alone yet surrounded by family who add sorrow upon sorrow you encouraged me blessed me and i prayed your prayer in your post AMEN we are so blessed as we suffer now temperally and not eternally Amen so we can be of good cheer we have overcome the world one step at a time in lovely Jesus our Lord x God bless you on your journey with God it all ends well for us saints if we keep ourselves hid in God AMEN

Active
I have heard it from Christians much more mature than I that it is not a messengers job to judge, for judgement is God’s job, nor is it a messenger’s job to convict, for conviction is the Holy Ghost’s job.

Needless to say, Jesus in his first coming also played the role of messenger, which he kept unto the cross.

He commanded us to preach his gospel, while also telling us that if we love him, we will follow his commandments. As we all know from personal experience... everyone loves to shoot the messenger, so we know persecution awaits us.

Now we may have a better understanding of what Jesus meant when he told us we must take up our cross and follow him. :)

AMEN

Staff Member
test all things spoken in the light of Gods true word if God aint said it reject it pray for discernent and know the word cant go wrong took me years to get this as everybody got something to say opinions flesh Trust God in his revealed word(God says what he means and means what he says )trust in Gods word as Absolute Authority AMEN God bless you God sees and knows your heart so pray and seek true bible believers who walk the walk n talk the talk as Gods way says in his word and the.Holy spirit will guide and teach you x Amen

amen

Loyal
I'll add to the list.

Another observation of immature behavior is often people who post without taking time to read the responses others present.
Sure, they read it, but in order to right their rebuttal without critically examining.

I think self-examination is rare and goes along with humility. Those are great signs of maturity, when you can communicate
and listen to feedback honestly and have a real discussion instead of just talking to prove a point.

Loyal
I'll add to the list.

Another observation of immature behavior is often people who post without taking time to read the responses others present.
Sure, they read it, but in order to right their rebuttal without critically examining.

I think self-examination is rare and goes along with humility. Those are great signs of maturity, when you can communicate
and listen to feedback honestly and have a real discussion instead of just talking to prove a point.

hey are you talking about me ;)