• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Words Really Do Matter!!

God created the world and everything in it with His words. He lives you and in me. When we let Him speak thru us instead of just saying what our carnal mind can think of, then we have creative power. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Prov. 18:21). If you don't think so , just think of the times when someone said something negative to you or criticized you - how did you feel? It produced death in your emotions, not life. Now what about when a person compliments you? You can feel life come into your being even if you were not feeling up to par. It built you up. The way we talk can change the atmosphere in a room. You can enter a place right after there has been an argument and feel the oppression in the atmosphere. But when you enter a church service where they are praising and worshipping God it lifts you up. Remember, our words really do matter!

Gloria said:
Psalm 17:4Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer.

Psalm 19:14Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Psalm 34:12What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? 13Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. 14Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it

Psalm 39:1I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.

Psalm 130:1In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me. 2Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue.

Psalm 141:3Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.

Prov. 6:2Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.

Prov. 18:20A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. 21Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
Prov. 21:23Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.

Luke 6:44For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 45A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. 46And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say.

Gal 5:14For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Eph. 4:29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption

James 3:5Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! 6And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell. 7For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind: 8But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. 10Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

Thanks Gloria . This is a great thread loaded with truth ! God is doing great things in all the members at talkjesus . Mike :love: :thumbs_up

Administrator
Staff Member
Excellent thread thanks for sharing Gloria :)

Words are power for sure.

Registered Member
Jesus is Lord!

Gloria,

I influence every word stated in my presence with the authority of God's Word. I speak His truth in praise or a rebuke.

Your Sister in Christ,
Dr. Bon Vie

Last edited:
Oh great message Gloria! "The tongue can no man tame;"
Anyone who says they have tamed their tongue...is either dead ...or a liar It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness! Lam 3:22 Glory to God!

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.