• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word on the web/5 April

Staff Member
5 April 2008

Word on the Web

John 21 v 20-22

Peter turned and saw that the follower Jesus loved was walking behind them. (This was the follower who had leaned against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who will turn against you?") When Peter saw him behind them, he asked Jesus, "Lord, what about him?"
Jesus answered, "If I want him to live until I come back, that is not your business. You follow me."

It is not an unusual occurrence to hear people discussing other people's relationships with God. Sometimes I have heard people say, "What does he think he is doing? God is bound to be upset with him!!!", when in fact all God wants us to do is look after our own relationship with him.

Here is Peter talking to Jesus, asking him about another follower, and Jesus' reply is direct. He points out that Peter is not to worry about the relationship of the other follower, but he is to focus on his own relationship with God.

We are not the ones who are meant to judge, or make comments about others, that is between them and God, our role is to focus on our own relationship and the things that God has called us to do.

Jesus, please help me not to judge other peoples relationships, but ensure that my relationship with you is secure and intact. Amen.

Written by Andy Wilson of Home Page