• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / What Are You Seeing?

Staff Member
What Are You Seeing?

'...We walk by faith, not by sight.' 2 Corinthians 5:7 NKJV

Your eyes can deceive you! Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery, dipped his coat in goat's blood and told their father he'd been torn to pieces by a wild beast. As a result, the old man said, '...I shall go down into the grave to my son in mourning.' (Genesis 37:35 NKJV)

In reality, not only was Joseph alive, he'd soon become prime minister of Egypt and save his family during the time of famine. But his father lived all those years grieving because of something he saw: a coat. Sometimes there's a difference between facts and truth.

The facts may confirm that the economy is bad, but the truth is, '...God shall supply all your needs according to His riches...' (Philippians 4:19 KJV) One day Elisha and his servant woke up in the town of Dothan to discover they were surrounded by an enemy army.

When the servant saw this, he panicked. But Elisha said, 'Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them. And Elisha prayed... Lord...open his eyes that he may see. Then the Lord opened the eyes of the young man and he saw. And behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.' (2 Kings 6:16-17 NKJV)

God wants you to look to Him and know that in your darkest moment, you don't have to be afraid. What you have going for you is so much greater than anything that comes against you. So rise up in faith and say with the Psalmist, 'My help comes from the Lord.' (Psalm 121:2 NKJV) Then act like you believe it!

written by Bob Gass