• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word for Today / Peace Is 'an Inside Job'

Staff Member
Peace Is 'an Inside Job'

'I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest."' Psalm 55:6 NKJV

The psalmist wrote, ‘Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.’ Have you ever felt that way? Sorry, there’s no escape! Wherever you go—there you are! Peace is ‘an inside job’. Oceanographers tell us that even the worst ocean storms rarely extend more than 8 m below the surface. Gales can rip the ocean, causing tidal waves 30 m high, but just 8 m below the surface the water is as calm as a pond.

The point is this: The only place you’ll ever find peace in the midst of life’s storms, is through an in-depth experience with God. Korean Christians have a saying that emerged from the persecution they endured because of their faith in Christ: ‘We’re just like nails. The harder you hit us, the deeper you drive us; and the deeper you drive us, the more peaceful it becomes!’

Part of God’s purpose in allowing the storms of life to blow, is to drive us deeper—deeper into dependence on Him, and deeper into relationship with Him. Wilbert Gough said, ‘God takes life’s broken pieces and gives us unbroken peace.’

When you focus on the God who never meets a problem He can’t solve, instead of focusing on the problem you can’t solve, you’ll experience in-depth peace. And you’ll carry that peace with you wherever you go. Others will notice it and seek your advice when they too face trouble. You see, when you know that the God within you reigns above you, you won’t succumb to what’s around you.

written by Bob Gass