• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4U 2Day/Heart of the matter (2)

Staff Member
Heart of the matter (2)

'Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?' Romans 8:35

OK, lads you don't need a rehearsed comedy routine up your sleeve to impress us girls. And girls, you don't need to resemble a starving, blank-eyed flouncy model to impress us guys. If we're into you then we're into you.

It's the same with our relationship with God. You don't have to perfect 'Light of the World' on the Bontempi to woo God into loving you; nor do you need to pray till you've lit the Vatican up with your prayers to grab God's attention.

Facts are: God is so into you it's pretty somersaulting amazing. Like any relationship, we can get vulnerable and insecure; we believe our own stupid press: 'I'm not good enough', 'how can you love me, when I do this ...?', 'I'll try harder to be loveable by doing this and that'.

Think about it: is there anything particularly loveable about a person who just snores, whines and poops all over you. Not really. Yet Mums to newborn babes all over the world would beg to differ.

God is your ultimate doting Mum. Nothing you can say or do will alter God adoring you like a mother adores her child. 'Nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love for us because of the way that Jesus our master has embraced us' (Romans 8:38-39 TM). Face facts: you're loveable.

written by Bob Gass