• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4U 2day/Always Available

Staff Member

Always Available

'God is our refuge and strength...' Psalm 46:1

Yesterday we began to think a bit about the troubled world we live in. Terrorism, wars, hurricanes, tsunamis, crime, disease. Every night the media invades our homes bringing all this stuff to us in glorious Technicolor. The result is that our emotions can take a bit of a battering. Instead of having a true grasp of reality our minds start producing all sorts of worries about the future - what if we're next? In response to that the Bible says three things:

1) 'God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.' When you're in a tight spot, God is totally available to help you. Read the whole Psalm - there's no catch, it doesn't say that God will help you occasionally or reluctantly. No, He's there for you, always. What more do you need?

2) 'Therefore we will not fear' (v. 2 NIV). Don't panic, talk defeat, or give in to despair. A songwriter said, 'He's as close as the mention of his name.' Just breathe His name in prayer, and He'll be there for you.

3) 'Before the rush and roar of oceans, the tremors that shift mountains' (v. 3 TM). When everything you once thought to be solid and dependable, is shaken to the core you'll be where you've always been; in the strong and loving arms of God; the One who's always available to help.

written by Bob Gass

God is our refuge, amen and amen!

Wonderful words of life, praise his precious name, and thanks Lady loves Jesus, for your post.

Several years back, my friend who was into politics, use to try to stir me up, and there was times she succeeded!

Then one day while reading in Psalms I read these words:psalms 2:2-4

The Kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together , against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh, the Lord shall have them in derision........

I thought then, If the Lord can look at this mess, and laugh, why should I allow my heart to be troubled.
He has it all in control, so why fear. wonderful truth !

Last edited: