• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/The Blame Game (1)

Staff Member
The Blame Game (1)

'...I am innocent...It is your responsibility!' Matthew 27:24 NIV

More and more, we are becoming a blame-oriented culture. Today our misfortunes are deemed to be somebody else's fault. 'I'm this way because of them. They did it to me.' And it didn't begin with us.

It goes all the way back to Adam in the Garden of Eden when he told God, 'The woman...You gave...me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate' (Genesis 3:12 NKJV). It's in our DNA! We say the breakdown in our marriage was our partner's fault, or we drink too much because somebody drives us to it, or we're unwell because of the fast-food industry.

Let's sue them! Shifting responsibility may alleviate momentary guilt, but it's a deadly game with no winners. In sentencing Christ to die, Pilate said, 'I am innocent of this man's blood...It is your responsibility!' He thought by dumping the blame onto the Jews he would avoid upsetting either his wife or his critics, and prove himself innocent. But the buck stopped at his desk! Understand this: God holds you responsible for your decisions and actions

'God...will judge all people according to what they have done.' (Romans 2:6 NLT) And your failure to make the right decision, or take the right action, also earns you His guilty verdict.

Paul writes, 'You cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.' (Galatians 6:7 NLT) Others may be guilty of offending you, and that's their harvest to reap. But your harvest depends on your reactions. Accepting responsibility before God is how you alleviate your guilt, discouragement and stress.

written by Bob Gass