• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/ Testing times (3)

Staff Member
Testing times (3)

'God has come to test you ... so that you won't sin' Exodus 20:20

A little boy was playing in his sandbox. Sat in the middle, surrounded by his toys, he began to dig when he came across a huge rock. He dug around it but the rock was too big and his hands too little to lift it. So he pushed the rock with his feet to the side, but he couldn't roll it up over the little edge to get it out his sandbox. The little boy grunted, struggled, pushed and shoved - but his only reward was to have the rock roll right back, smashing his chubby fingers.

Finally, he burst into tears of frustration. All the while the boy's dad was watching. The moment the tears started, a large shadow fell across the sandbox. It was his dad. Gently but firmly he said, 'Son, why didn't you use all the strength that you had available?'

Defeated, the boy sobbed back, 'But daddy I did! I used all the strength I had!' 'No son,' corrected the father kindly. 'You didn't use all the strength you had. You didn't ask me.' The father then reached down, picked up the rock and removed it from the sandbox.

Sometimes things happen that appear too difficult, but God doesn't expect us to handle things by ourselves, He's always there to help. Psalm 46:1 says, 'God is our refuge and our strength, an ever present help in trouble.' (NIV) With God we can get through anything, so don't sit and struggle on your own - ask for His help.

written by Bob Gass