• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/Case Studies in (2)

Staff Member
Case Studies in Crashing (2)

''A righteous man may fall seven times and rise again...'' Proverbs 24:16

He can't love her the way I love her. Those eyes of hers - like deep pools of blue water I could laze around in. And he doesn't seem to care. No wonder she jumped into my arms. She needs to feel special and she isn't getting that off him. Ah, if I was her husband I wouldn't leave her to bathe alone whilst I went off to war. That's it. War! I'll send him off to war. The frontline. Unprotected. He'll die a hero's death. And Bathsheba ... well, she'll finally have her king.

King David wanted what didn't belong to him: Bathsheba was somebody else's wife. Lust moved through the gears, and suddenly David is plotting the death of a good, loyal man. For a while it's all going to plan; David has a new flame, a baby on the way, and no one is any the wiser. Except the thing that he's done has displeased the Lord. David will have to live with the consequences of his royal crash. David's cosy picture of domestic life is about to be shattered. Bathsheba gives birth to a son who only lives seven days. And the text suggests that in David's case it's a judgement of his failing.

What we learn from David's failure is that sometimes we are forced to live with the consequences of ours. When you repent of your mess-up God always forgives. But you may still have to work through the repercussions.

written by Bob Gass