• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/ Boxing Day blues

Staff Member
Boxing Day blues

'The Lord is close to the brokenhearted' Psalm 34:18

Have you got the Boxing Day blues? The excitement of yesterday's pressies and partying has worn off. You've OD'd on chocolate and TV Christmas specials;

Christmas carols have turned into Christmas quarrels and you really can't face a visit from Grandma Beryl and her sloppy kisses. Perhaps Christmas is something you dread - there's no festive jollyment for you. 'Here it is, Merry Christmas, everybody's having fun', blasts out on the radio for the umpteenth time and you scream at it, 'Not everyone's having fun!'

You're right, just because it's Christmas doesn't mean all our problems disappear or we have a break from our struggles - but Christmas is the solution, not the salt in the wound.

George Michael sings, 'Last Christmas I gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away, this year to save me from tears, I'll give it to someone special.' George might not yet know it, but that special someone is Jesus.

If your heart is breaking, broken or shattered, give it to Jesus. He'll mend you up, put you straight and fit you back together, better than you were before.

'The Lord is close to the broken hearted.' He never leaves us; He chooses to help us, to put things right - that's why He sent Jesus. Jesus said ' I have come that you may have life, life in all its fullness' (John 10:10).

written by Bob Gass