• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Word 4 U 2day/Blow It!

Staff Member
Blow It!

'To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me' Psalm 3:4

It was as if the words just flooded into his mind at the right time... He'd open his mouth and verses of scripture he never realised he knew so well spilled out. And as he spoke (well, shouted really) he could feel the ears of the crowd hanging on to every syllable; he could see the penny drop in each of their minds.

Now was the time to ask if anyone would like to give their lives to Christ. To everyone's amazement three thousand hands rise into the air. Not a bad preaching debut for Peter. And he wasn't even using notes!

Acts 2 is a real high point for Peter, a far cry from only a month or so ago when he'd disgracefully disowned Jesus in His hour of need.

Thankfully for us, God is brimming over with second chances. Here's a man who has slipped up big time and yet God uses him as the groundwork for His church.

You see when you slip up, all God requires is a dose of honesty and a dollop of apology to get you in line with His will again.

After denying Jesus, Peter is quick with the tears and quick to correct his mistake (Jesus asks him three times if he loves Him; three times Peter echoes the big 'I do'). So you blew it and everyone is only too keen to remind you? Well the Psalmist has been there too: 'Many are saying ... "God will not deliver him." But ...To the Lord I cry aloud, and He answers me' (Psalm 3:2-4 NIV).

written by Bob Gass