• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Wise counsel!!!

No apology ----
I felt that this was to good advise to just leave where it was so----->

I have see this many times, I think we need to speak about this problem. Christanity is not prone to attacks within itself, we need to bring it to the light.

ELEVEN MARKS OF PERVERTED AUTHORITY

(1) The claim of direct authority from God, rather than testing things by the Word. Many today have set "personal" revelation and experience above the final authority of God's Word. When this occurs there is no longer any basis for asertaining the will of God, as one would not be able to discern truth from error because the standard is "personal" rather than the Word of God.
><> ><> From the ''front'' or individuals.
(2) The command is to "submit to me," rather than "I will serve you."
><> ><> As the leader of a corporate grouping, or house group.

(3) The method of leadership is to "order" people around, rather than to appeal for them to do the right things.
><> ><> Always suggests insecurity in individuals, or one of the problems that effect those with a ''leadership'' spirit.
(4) There is a dominating, "pushy" drive instead of a dependence on God to direct.

(5) There is a sense of control, rather than a sense of support.
><> ><> Not forgetting God's Church is not a Hospital.

(6) A gift is exploited so that others are made to feel dependent on it.
><> ><> Such as with a ''prophetic'' word or word of knowledge.

(7) There is an inflexibility - "don't question me" - "don't touch the Lord's anointed."
><> ><> If you can't question leaders you can't help them to walk upright(Righteously) children learn ( A pain sometimes) by questioning.
(8) There is unapproachability and intimidation - the "aura" around the leader keeps the followers in "awe."
><> ><> This can be created by the people who raise them above the calling/anointing/gifting God gave them.
(9) There emerges an organization built around a man and his peculiar emphases instead of around Christ and His Word.
><> ><> Sect....!!!

(10) There will be cyclical challenges to the authority figure (which are immediately and forcefully purged). !!!!!????

(11) There is more concern for maintaining the authoritarian structure than there is for caring about the people in it.
><> ><> Caring/guiding/witnessing to people in it.

Last edited:
Query

:rose: Hey laterunner: Were you thinking of the roman catholic church, when you wrote this. If you were, could you please explain it to me a bit more, either here or thru a pm. I have just recently left the roman catholic church and am hoping that somehow wisdom is my new guide, with and through the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit within. I sure could use some support in this matter. I have no one to help cousel me and get me on an even keel. I have so many questions. Take care and Amen: Pixie:rose:

pixie said:
:rose: Hey laterunner: Were you thinking of the roman catholic church, when you wrote this. If you were, could you please explain it to me a bit more, either here or thru a pm. I have just recently left the roman catholic church and am hoping that somehow wisdom is my new guide, with and through the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit within. I sure could use some support in this matter. I have no one to help cousel me and get me on an even keel. I have so many questions. Take care and Amen: Pixie:rose:

><> ><> If & when you are looking around to find where God wants you to go & where He want to bless you even more. Take time check out the body of people & the WORD fed to them, for at least 4 weeks, prayfully & perhaps share with a Christian friend your thoughts questions & feelings (He gave us feelings) :shade: