• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Wise and Faithful Steward to the Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Wise and Faithful Steward to the Lord

Maybe the sky is falling! At least that's what Chicken Little thinks. If not the sky, well the US stock market for sure. In these kinda uncertain times, one must be certain where he stands. In the Parable of the Shrewd Manager, found in Luke 16, Jesus concludes with that famous saying, "You cannot serve both God and Money." How true. And it's in the hot crucible of times like these that I find myself not really liking what's coming to the top. I begin to notice my strong attachment to this world and the distractions it offers. I see my foolish trust in man and the things of men.

Woe is me! But, just like the shrewd manager from this parable, there's no time like NOW to make a change for the better. This guy went from being fired to admired by his boss in one fell swoop! So there IS still hope for the likes of me. I can start right now by reading the Proverb of the day and applying its wisdom to my life. In fact in Chapter One it reads, "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge." Sounds good to me. I want to be a wise and faithful steward for the Lord. He has given me so much, and now it's time for me to give back to him. Remember - to whom much is given, much is required. And most all of you reading this have been given so much. No fear or condemnation; just change. Become that good and faithful servant you've always wanted to be. God's Peace to you!