• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Will People Be Saved During The Tribulation Period?

Active
Revelation 6:9 "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled."

I have, over the years, heard Evangelists say, "You better get saved now because when the Tribulation period comes, no one will be saved." You may have heard the same. These Evangelists, although wrong, were trying to urge people to be saved immediately.

The problem with these statements is, they are not true according to the Word of God. If not true, then the Holy Spirit is hindered from His power to convict the sinner. Truth of the Gospel and it's indwelling Truth is what the Holy Spirit chooses to use, not falsehood.

Within the makeup of the Churches of Jesus Christ, we have two types or classes of Believers in Christ Jesus. The Serious and not so serious. We've all seen this I believe. Those who are really involved in the leadership and exercising their gifts for the good of the Assembly, and those who are simply happy warming a pew.

There will be a rapture of the serious Believers before the start of the Tribulation....
Revelation 3:10 "Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
3:11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown."

Having said that, what will happen to the "not so serious" Believers once the Serious Believers have been gathered to Christ Jesus in the clouds. I believe that those who are truly saved will realize that they've been in error. They will now get serious. The problem with this is, during the first half of the Tribulation period, it's not going to be easy....

Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
6:4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6:6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

This is what the not so serious Believers will face during the first half of the Tribulation....The first seal, describes a false peace instituted by anti-Christ. (Mt. 24:4-5) The second seal depicts worldwide war. (Mt. 24:6-7) The third seal famine (Mt. 24:7) The fourth seal represents death by earthquakes & plagues. The fifth seal reveals the martyred (Mt. 24:9) who held on and were now serious of their relationship with Jesus the Son of God.

So, there will be folks saved during the first half of the Tribulation. They will face a time of peace, a time of war, a time of famine and a time of being martyred for their faith. Certainly a lot harder than if they had been serious prior to the Rapture.

This is what the Scriptures teach. Let the Word of God be true and every man in error.

Loyal
Rev 7:13; Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?"
Rev 7:14; I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15; "For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them.

I've heard some say the same thing. No one will get saved during the tribulation. I personally feel this will the time of greatest harvest.
It will dawn on many people at this time... "Hey, all the stuff the Bible said about the future.. it's here, it's real, it's correct".

Yet still there will be many who won't be saved.

Rev 9:18; A third of mankind was killed by these three plagues, by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which proceeded out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19; For the power of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents and have heads, and with them they do harm.
Rev 9:20; The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;
Rev 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

Active
Rev 7:13; Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?"
Rev 7:14; I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15; "For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them.

I've heard some say the same thing. No one will get saved during the tribulation. I personally feel this will the time of greatest harvest.
It will dawn on many people at this time... "Hey, all the stuff the Bible said about the future.. it's here, it's real, it's correct".

Yet still there will be many who won't be saved.

Rev 9:18; A third of mankind was killed by these three plagues, by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which proceeded out of their mouths.
Rev 9:19; For the power of the horses is in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails are like serpents and have heads, and with them they do harm.
Rev 9:20; The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands, so as not to worship demons, and the idols of gold and of silver and of brass and of stone and of wood, which can neither see nor hear nor walk;
Rev 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

Thank you Friend B_A_C. Those you referred to in Rev. 7:14 will be saved during the most horrible time for mankind. It's the 2nd half of the Tribulation with 144,000 Jewish Evangelists and the Two witnesses who proclaim the Gospel to Israel, and to other Nations. Some also will be saved.

Like you said. There will be a great harvest of souls thru the Gospel preached. Jacob's Trouble is designed to bring Israel to their knees.

Active

RJ

I have, over the years, heard Evangelists say, "You better get saved now because when the Tribulation period comes, no one will be saved." You may have heard the same. These Evangelists, although wrong, were trying to urge people to be saved immediately.
You know, without using scripture, just God's promise to save believers would suffice for me. At any time, if you are physically alive, you have a chance to believe and be saved. No matter what you believe about when Christ gathers his church, tribulation will also be a period for people to come to God and be saved. Won't the same be true during the 1000 year reign? Now, that is a time I would love to experience...a time of those in the flesh and those in the resurrected body, no? Like "Mercy Me" says: "I Can Only Imagine" !

Active
I wish to thank you who have responded to this thread already, I appreciate that. As an added not to the OP, ther should be a warning as well to our local churches.

Now is the time for all Christians to wake up! I don't believe that the end of this present way of living will last much longer before Christ Jesus comes for His faithful followers. Those who are faithfully engaged in serving our Lord and not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ need to be watchful and ready to depart in the Rapture.

Some Believers are still sleepy and won't take heed to this warning. They will miss the Rapture and enter the first half of the Tribulation. As I have noted, there will be terrible persecution of all those who claim Jesus the Son of God to be their Savior and Lord. That testimony in front of a bloodthirsty crowd, in the absence of the Holy Spirit restraining their wicked assault on Christians, life will be much harder than now.

For your loved ones who are saved, this warning to them will be a blessing....Thank you.

Active
Looking good Chopper!

Hey old timer. I'm simply amazed at the love and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ for bringing you and I together!! In Jesus, I love you very much. I think that you and I could stand against all deceivers and false prophets. Funny, we just might have to as time rolls on to Christ's coming. In the last days (now) many will turn to false prophesies.

So lets hang in there together Brother, we do make a difference.