• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

will God give me a gf

In truth I don't care about getting a girlfriend because I want to be a man after God's own heart but the devil keeps using that I don't have a gf and trying to make me jealous , can someone give advice and to not covet

Active
If you can convince temptation that you don't want one then the next test would be to send you one.
If you get one you will be tempted to fear losing one.If you fear losing one you probably will and then you will be back to where you started
except with another scar on your heart.

You may have heard the saying that if you love someone then set them free and if they return to you then it is true.
Well you can do that before you even meet that person.
Set her free now and if she shows up it will be no work at all.

If you can convince temptation that you don't want one then the next test would be to send you one.
If you get one you will be tempted to fear losing one.If you fear losing one you probably will and then you will be back to where you started
except with another scar on your heart.

You may have heard the saying that if you love someone then set them free and if they return to you then it is true.
Well you can do that before you even meet that person.
Set her free now and if she shows up it will be no work at all.
I'm confused can you be more clear

Active
I'm confused can you be more clear
I hope so,
That feeling of jealousy will follow you into any relationship and end up dooming the relationship.
So you want to beat that "feeling" before considering entering in to a relationship anyway.

It sounds like your in a good relationship with God right now so you know the feelings of jealously are
not being generated by the man after God's heart so they are not your feelings.
Just ask God how to set wrong feelings free from your mind.

Loyal
We all suffer the slings and arrows that are found in this fallen world. Those christians with girlfriends or wives have social problems as well, just different kinds of problems than you would have. Its the same thing as the foot, in the body of Christ, not being jealous of the hand, or the mouth. You have your own strengths and weaknesses. Jealousy of others joys found in life is not wise, for you are focusing on the good things you see with them and cannot see the downsides they live with. The grass is NOT greener on the other side, coveting anything our brothers and sisters have, only shows our lack of love in wanting them to have only the same as us or less.

Loyal
Let us always pray for God's will for us and in the meantime...

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil 4:11

The world is here for us to enjoy and this includes in many cases a lifelong companion of the other gender. But, it is to be for the glory of God. He want us to be happy, but first He wants us to always consider Him:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" Matt 6:33.