• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Will Christians escape persecution in the last days?

WIll Christians escape persectuion in the last days?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters
Active
What are your thoughts on this?

Many believe they will. The rapture will come before times get too hard. They quote Matt 24:22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. For our sake, God will shorten the days of suffering. They quote scripture talking of the rapture and believe that God will save them from all persecution.

I do believe we will be spared from God's wrath. God has never put a plague on His people. God's wrath is solely for the wicked. Rev 16:8-9 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him. It is crystal clear that God brings plagues at increasing levels of severity to get the wicked to repent. So it truly makes no sense to believe in a rapture post such.

But, have the righteous ever escaped persecution by man? There are so many examples where they don't. Scripture like Matt 10:19 points to God wanting us to stand before the wicked. Scripture like that on Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego in the furnace point to God being with us in persecution.

I then wonder to myself on just how bad things are going to be. I don't see any good news for us. I truly don't. I see so many examples in scripture where God allows the wicked as much time as possible. The flood. God hated the wickedness of those on earth and told Noah to immediately start building an ark. The ark took 50-120 years. God gave the extremely wicked people of earth, another 50-120 years to repent. Sodom. God waited until there were less then ten righteous people in the city. All the early disciples were persecuted and killed. We follow in their footsteps. I do believe the toleration levels of the unsaved in their day are going to match those of the unsaved in the last days.

The end of our age is a rather epic time in mankind's history. We are literally the last humans to live by faith in God. This kind of belief makes so much room for the wicked to exercise their free will. I do believe this kind of scenario we are in is the perfect setting for God finding a bride. He would definitely want to make it last for as long as possible. It is literally only the inevitable level of wickedness that comes with technology that brings this environment to an end. The devil is able to drown us in evil. It is not ISIS pushing the end of the world. It is the influence of media on kids and wicked laws being passed. Films and music.

So the correct interpretation of Matt 24:22 needs to be, 'When things are so bad that the righteous are kneeling before other gods, Jesus will come, lest none be saved'.

Loyal
Two things:

First, Peter announced the beginning of the Last Days on the day of Pentecost. Recorded in Acts 2:14-17

But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them: ‘Men of Judea and all who live in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and listen to what I say. Indeed, these are not drunk, as you suppose, for it is only nine o’clock in the morning. No, this is what was spoken through the prophet Joel:

“In the last days it will be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams.
Second, Christians in different places have been enduring persecution ever since.

Active
Second, Christians in different places have been enduring persecution ever since.
The kind of end time persecution I am referring to is in Matt 24:9-14. This has not happened at large and many believe they will escape this. I guess nobody here believes it. But many I have spoken to do. They believe it either relates to some Christians or those left behind after the rapture. I believe it relates to all and there is no beating around the bush. It is coming. We need to prepare. But can we..?

Matt 24:9-14 Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Loyal
Nero's persecution of Christians and the following destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70AD matches the Matthew 24:9-14 prophecy very closely.

Staff Member
They quote scripture talking of the rapture and believe that God will save them from all persecution.

Then most of those really don't know Scripture and don't see the blessing in it! Yet, understanding that nobody really wants this to happen to them. There are few who willingly seek the pain, much less the cost of what persecution entails. Still, if one is to go through it, one should really have a good outlook to it when it does!

Blessed [are] they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when [men] shall revile you, and persecute [you], and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great [is] your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Matthew 5:10-12

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 2 Timothy 3:12

For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake; Philippians 1:29

What it comes down to is how are we handling it? I think Peter puts it into the proper perspective for us.

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. For the time [is come] that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if [it] first [begin] at us, what shall the end [be] of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls [to him] in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator. 1 Peter 4:12-19

I do believe we will be spared from God's wrath.

I totally agree here. There is a very big difference between God's Wrath, and the persecution of man.

I then wonder to myself on just how bad things are going to be. I don't see any good news for us.

Brother!!! We've already received the Good News :)

Praying to be able to still Stand after it's all been said and done.
So, I can fall to my knees Glorifying God and Praising His Holy Name!!!

Thanks for the thread brother!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Active
What are your thoughts on this?

Many believe they will. The rapture will come before times get too hard. They quote Matt 24:22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. For our sake, God will shorten the days of suffering. They quote scripture talking of the rapture and believe that God will save them from all persecution.

I do believe we will be spared from God's wrath. God has never put a plague on His people. God's wrath is solely for the wicked. Rev 16:8-9 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and the sun was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him. It is crystal clear that God brings plagues at increasing levels of severity to get the wicked to repent. So it truly makes no sense to believe in a rapture post such.

But, have the righteous ever escaped persecution by man? There are so many examples where they don't. Scripture like Matt 10:19 points to God wanting us to stand before the wicked. Scripture like that on Meshach, Shadrach and Abednego in the furnace point to God being with us in persecution.

I then wonder to myself on just how bad things are going to be. I don't see any good news for us. I truly don't. I see so many examples in scripture where God allows the wicked as much time as possible. The flood. God hated the wickedness of those on earth and told Noah to immediately start building an ark. The ark took 50-120 years. God gave the extremely wicked people of earth, another 50-120 years to repent. Sodom. God waited until there were less then ten righteous people in the city. All the early disciples were persecuted and killed. We follow in their footsteps. I do believe the toleration levels of the unsaved in their day are going to match those of the unsaved in the last days.

The end of our age is a rather epic time in mankind's history. We are literally the last humans to live by faith in God. This kind of belief makes so much room for the wicked to exercise their free will. I do believe this kind of scenario we are in is the perfect setting for God finding a bride. He would definitely want to make it last for as long as possible. It is literally only the inevitable level of wickedness that comes with technology that brings this environment to an end. The devil is able to drown us in evil. It is not ISIS pushing the end of the world. It is the influence of media on kids and wicked laws being passed. Films and music.

So the correct interpretation of Matt 24:22 needs to be, 'When things are so bad that the righteous are kneeling before other gods, Jesus will come, lest none be saved'.
If there are no Christians to persecute, who else would be persecuted?

Loyal
This is always a touchy subject.

I guess we should define persecution. Will they they beheaded for their testimony?

Rev 20:1; Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2; And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
Rev 20:3; and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.
Rev 20:4; Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
Rev 20:5; The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6; Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Always controversial. These people in verse 4 who were beheaded because of their testimony. Were they beheaded before the tribulation? Possibly.. but it specifically says... they did not take the mark of the beast... so apparently they had the chance to.

Rev 7:13; Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "These who are clothed in the white robes, who are they, and where have they come from?"
Rev 7:14; I said to him, "My lord, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15; "For this reason, they are before the throne of God; and they serve Him day and night in His temple; and He who sits on the throne will spread His tabernacle over them.

The people in verse 14 above. It's possible the rapture already happened and these are people who were saved in the tribulation after the rapture. If you don't believe in the rapture... or at least the "pre-trib" rapture.... then these must be most Christians alive during the tribulation.

Matt 24:29; "But immediately after the tribulation of those days THE SUN WILL BE DARKENED, AND THE MOON WILL NOT GIVE ITS LIGHT, AND THE STARS WILL FALL from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
Matt 24:30; "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory.
Matt 24:31; "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

This is one of those passages you almost hate to post :) It's possible this is the second coming... after the rapture. But again if you don't believe in the rapture... it must mean all Christians alive at that time.

... to be continued ...

Loyal
When you say "persecution"... where does the persecution come from?

For example....

Rev 9:2; He opened the bottomless pit, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3; Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4; They were told not to hurt the grass of the earth, nor any green thing, nor any tree, but only the men who do not have the seal of God on their foreheads.
Rev 9:5; And they were not permitted to kill anyone, but to torment for five months; and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it stings a man.

Apparently some people will have "the seal of God" on them during the tribulation. I've heard people say these flying locust demons are from Satan... I don't think so. Now they may be demons.. I don't know. But they don't harm Christians... they only harm people "who do NOT have the seal of God" on them. (verse 4)

Will Christians be plagued by all these supernatural plagues and judgments during the tribulation? I don't think so.
Will the be persecuted by the beast and world economy during the tribulation? It seems that they will be.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
That is what the word of God says in Matthew 24:29-31.
And in Revelation 3:10, the word says,
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Christians will be on earth during the tribulation that is coming upon the world. It is the people of the world that God will destroy through the tribulation that he will send on earth, no evil shall befall the saints until the fifth seal is opened, when God permits the wicked to kill his saints.

As it is written in Revelation 6:9-11
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: and they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

The saints will be on earth to pronounce the judgment (tribulation )of God upon the unbelievers.

Psalm 149:5-9 says,
Let the saints be joyful in glory:
Let them sing aloud upon their beds.
Let the high praises of God be in their mouth,
And a twoedged sword in their hand;
To execute vengeance upon the heathen,
And punishments upon the people;
To bind their kings with chains,
And their nobles with fetters of iron;
To execute upon them the judgment written:
This honour have all his saints.
Praise ye the LORD.

Loyal
The question is -- will Christians escape persecution in the last days.

There has Always been persecution for/ of Christians

And just since Resurrection Sunday in that one island country. 200-300 dead.

Born-again believers won't go through the 7 yrs of tribulation that will be coming. That's God's wrath.

Can we be ready? of course we can. Accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior. Then, no matter What happens -- tomorrow while driving, etc. we Will be ready to be with Jesus Christ.

Loyal
Christians have been persecuted from the beginning of Christianity. Why would it end now, persecution was much worse in the first century and the Lord didnt let them escape it, they suffered and died and through their deaths, more came to the knowledge of the Lord. Is our physical bodies and lack of persecution worth not being the witnesses we were meant to be, or are we just too cowardly to accept persecution, and think its only for those in muslim countries or china or most countries where there is greater persecution.

Active
Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
That is what the word of God says in Matthew 24:29-31.
And in Revelation 3:10, the word says,
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Christians will be on earth during the tribulation that is coming upon the world. .

You quoted Rev 3:10 that says ''I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world'' and then say we will not be raptured?

It is the people of the world that God will destroy through the tribulation that he will send on earth, no evil shall befall the saints until the fifth seal is opened, when God permits the wicked to kill his saints

If God wants to destroy the wicked, he will destroy them. Flood, fire and brimstone. The tribulation is full of plagues. Plagues is not God's chosen path of destruction. Plagues at increasing levels of severity are evidence of warnings, God trying to get the wicked to repent. Almost every verse mentioning a plague in Revelations is accompanied by the words ''they repented not''. Meaning God is ''going through the motions'' of trying to get the wicked to repent.

Active
Christians have been persecuted from the beginning of Christianity. Why would it end now, persecution was much worse in the first century and the Lord didnt let them escape it, they suffered and died and through their deaths, more came to the knowledge of the Lord. Is our physical bodies and lack of persecution worth not being the witnesses we were meant to be, or are we just too cowardly to accept persecution, and think its only for those in muslim countries or china or most countries where there is greater persecution.

Where there is power of Christains to vote a governance over them, the power of God can be diminished among the voters. It is largley at their own loss, if at all opposed the the Lord Jesus.

Years ago I would have thought that persecution would only refer to the last days, the 70th week of prophecy. Nowadays after all my own government has been doing since 2014 and how things are just worsening at a fast pace, I would say it could just take months or few years to be persecuted in my own land! You might think I'm exaggerating here, and I wish I were, but truth is that minorities are taking control of my country, corruption raised like never before, government inefficacy is getting ridiculous, and soon they might pass a law that would let them pick a group of people to censor every single thing people publish and prohibit protest against government policies! They are transforming a land of democracy into the worst kind of communism in less than a decade! Unemployment is on the rise and guess what? The ministry of education has prohibited teachers to give any sort of advice that mentions God!!

Loyal
And Which country are you referring To?! Are you in England? I don't think the US has a ministry of Education. A lot of That could apply To the US.

Oh it's called Costa Rica. Rica means rich, but they are impoverishing it economically and spiritually! They even want the very same as Obama, to let students choose their bathroom while they're checking if they can build up a neuter one in every school... It's becoming a real mess here. Even for you Catholics that might have joined us here, it's gonna be a nightmare because they want the priests to denounce anybody that confesses they did something terrible to minors. OK, I won't defend such offenders ever, but if they force them to reveal one kind of confession, there will ask them to reveal them all later on! Really that's part of the law they are discussing as of late...

Loyal
All I've known about Costa Rica is that it's a beautiful tourist area. Lots of natural beauty to enjoy.

But, there are Also beautiful tourist areas on / around/ Mexico -- and look at what a mess That area is. As well as the multitudes of people traveling up and through Mexico. But That's a whole nuther subject.

All I've known about Costa Rica is that it's a beautiful tourist area. Lots of natural beauty to enjoy.

But, there are Also beautiful tourist areas on / around/ Mexico -- and look at what a mess That area is. As well as the multitudes of people traveling up and through Mexico. But That's a whole nuther subject.
Till you know that foreigners come here from the north like Nicaraguans without any papers nor permits, get a job here either as a janitor or pawn and they end up murdering Costa Ricans or tourists like a Mexican girl, a Spanish woman and even an American girl as well... Then they go back to their country where extradition does not exist and our authorities can no longer prosecute them. At least some of them were caught while they were fleeing away but they're very few indeed...

Oh and another problem is that criminals can get way with their misdeeds for they claim they are crazy or judges just think jails are full so they should only get an electronic bracelet and return to their daily lives... Most of them keep committing crimes over and over again! Even rapists and murderers! Our judges are a living joke!

Wait! I've got a story to tell you as well! There's a man that attended the local church and had learned a lot of His Word. One day his sister in law and her own daughter accused him of raping her daughter. Actually it was a lie, he didn't even stay close to them because he and his wife don't stand them. The judge just took her testimony for granted and sentenced him to serve 12 years in prison. Then those women met his wife earlier this year to tell her that they loved him so they would steal him from her or make sure he would return to prison if he rejected their sexual advances!

Loyal
Sometimes ya just really wonder about 'humanity'. A person can tell that 'satan is alive and well on planet earth'. God's justice Will prevail and it Won't be pretty.