• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why won't Jews who believe in the Hebrew Bible accept anything about Jesus being the Messiah?

I find it strange that Jewish people are reacting to Jesus the same way today as the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' day.
I have seen video of a Rabbi preaching on Daniel 9 in which he proceeds to tell people why Jesus is not the Messiah from a standpoint of not believing in the first place. To me that seems the easy way, get people on your side before hand, saying He isn't and then prove it.
Wouldn't it be harder to prove He is the Messiah and then if you still believe He isn't, then keep with your view.
For me, Jesus is the only way to salvation, through faith and not through works, of being a good person. And yet there are many religions who believe that "works" is the way to salvation. But isn't that much harder because you would have to be so good in thought, word and deed.
Isn't it much easier to believe in the One who makes all things possible, through His strength not our own, and then from faith produce the works?
I know what I choose.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why Jewish people believe what they believe?
I know they say He didn't fulfil prophecy but the Bible shows He did. How does the Hebrew Bible differ from say the NKJV?
I'd love to know your thoughts.

Loyal
That is very clear! When read the Old Testament then read the Gospels. By natural standards he did not fit the description of the Coming Messiah. The reason we see it, it is because we have the recorded history of Him in the New Testament. And no not forget the 12 Apostles where Jews.

Active
I find it strange that Jewish people are reacting to Jesus the same way today as the Pharisees and Sadducees of Jesus' day.

Not surprising at all. The entire OLD TESTAMENT is a continuous recording of the utter FAILURE of the Children of Israel to be obedient to, or to follow the Jewish scriptures. They concocted a "Religious system" of their OWN design, and victimized their own people with it. They DEFINED theologically what "Messiah" would be and what He would do, and developed "End arounds" for scriptural stuff that they didn't like (that's what the "Sermon on the mount" is all about).

Then Jesus comes along and doesn't do any of what "their precious religious system" said He had to do - AND HE calls 'em all Hypocrites. Read Isaiah 1 for a "God's eye view" of the Jewish folks.

So to get Jesus out of the way (and not tick off the occupying forces of Rome) they murdered Him, without having a CLUE what He was even all about - even His Apostles / Disciples didn't have a clue - until John 20:22 when they were indwelled by the Holy Spirit and could actually UNDERSTAND the Scriptures.

Loyal
Greetings @Peergint (Peer

Many Jews will explain that they do not believe in Jesus simply because they are Jewish.

- They were raised being taught that Jews do not accept Jesus, while Christians do.
- If a Jew embraces Jesus, they have converted to Christianity and are no longer Jewish.

“Jews should call themselves by the name of the faith whose religious doctrines they embrace.”

At one point in history, such converts were considered lost to the Jewish community, even apostates. For a Jewish person to consider faith in Jesus, he or she must consider the social stigma they face from friends, family and the larger Jewish community. Would a rabbi ever agree to marry them? Would they be prohibited from joining a synagogue? These are the implications many Jewish people face on considering Jesus.

History also plays a part

It has been quoted that the history between the church and the synagogue has been written in blood and punctuated in violence.

From the foundation of the early church, Christians have accused the Jews of rejecting their Messiah and killing the Son of God. The RCC has a lot to answer for here.

The attitude of the Jews at the time of Jesus is clear in the Gospels, they rejected him because Jesus was a threat to 'their religion', they tried to trick him over and over again but failed, they said surely he cannot be the Son of God, he cannot be the promised Messiah, is he not Josephs son! These teachings linked to the wall built up between the two in the early church period, along with condemnation of the Jews for killing Jesus the split held fast, the only real movement in this areas was in the 1970, note in these latter days of the end time period, the Messianic Jewish movement began. Since then it has grown and grown, Jews who have accepted Yeshua ha Mashiach, Jesus the Messiah, the Messianic Jews, very probably the start of what could very probably be, the remnant as quoted in scrioture towards the end of time.

The end is coming, it is nearing by the day. we are in the period of the birth pangs Jesus spoke of. Christians are looking forward to the coming of Jesus.

Jews are eagerly awaiting the promised Messiah, Benjamin Netanyahu has been PM of Israel since 2009, he made an astouding statement...'We could be the last government before the Messiah returns'.

I hope that helps a little my friend, to answer your question in a single statement I would say
'Many Jews will explain that they do not believe in Jesus simply because they are Jewish'.

It is what they have been taught and rigidly stick to, but Christians over the years have not helped matters. They should repent.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:9-10
There will be tribulation and distress for every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek,
but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Shalom

Active
I have seen video of a Rabbi preaching on Daniel 9 in which he proceeds to tell people why Jesus is not the Messiah from a standpoint of not believing in the first place. To me that seems the easy way, get people on your side before hand, saying He isn't and then prove it.
Wouldn't it be harder to prove He is the Messiah and then if you still believe He isn't, then keep with your view.
For me, Jesus is the only way to salvation, through faith and not through works, of being a good person. And yet there are many religions who believe that "works" is the way to salvation. But isn't that much harder because you would have to be so good in thought, word and deed.
Isn't it much easier to believe in the One who makes all things possible, through His strength not our own, and then from faith produce the works?
I know what I choose.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why Jewish people believe what they believe?
I know they say He didn't fulfil prophecy but the Bible shows He did. How does the Hebrew Bible differ from say the NKJV?
I'd love to know your thoughts.
I believe a great deal of disbelief in Jesus comes from tradition passed down through the pharisaical teachings, that date back to the cross. Things are rapidly changing in Israel through, the Jews for Jesus, who are evangelising their people are having amazing results. They are asking for prayer from their brothers and sisters among the gentiles, so we should stand with them.

Loyal
I believe a great deal of disbelief in Jesus comes from tradition passed down through the pharisaical teachings, that date back to the cross. Things are rapidly changing in Israel through, the Jews for Jesus, who are evangelising their people are having amazing results. They are asking for prayer from their brothers and sisters among the gentiles, so we should stand with them.

So true brother, they need our prayers, they get our prayers.

To Yahweh be the Glory in Yeshua's Name Amen

The Messianic Jews started in 1970 read on

In an Atlantic article, titled " Kosher Jesus: Messianic Jews in the Holy Land," Sarah Posner explains that " there are an estimated 175,000 to 250,000 Messianic Jews in the U.S. and 350,000 worldwide, according to various counts, they are a tiny minority in Israel -- just 10,000-20,000 people by some estimates -- but growing, according to both its proponents and critics.

Shalom

Loyal
It seems God is intervening here...

Rom 11:25; For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
Rom 11:26; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
Rom 11:27; "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."
Rom 11:28; From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;

Loyal

Rom 11:25; For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;
Rom 11:26; and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
Rom 11:28; From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God's choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers;

Thank you for this reminder brother. There are lot of people who should read and take to heart these scriptures.

May Yahweh Bless all His children in abundance, Jews first and us Gentiles. In the Name above all Names Yeshua ha Mashiach

Shalom

Loyal

Greeting brother

When Paul says Israel will be “saved” in verse 26, he is referring to the Jews deliverance from sin, verse 27, when they accept the Yeshua their Saviour, their promised Messiah in the latter days of the end times.

Shalom

Loyal
When Paul says Israel will be “saved” in verse 26, he is referring to the Jews deliverance from sin, verse 27, when they accept the Yeshua their Saviour, their promised Messiah in the latter days of the end times.

I tend to agree, but even so... I believe God is "hardening" many of them to the gospel at the current time.

Loyal
I tend to agree, but even so... I believe God is "hardening" many of them to the gospel at the current time.

Greetings brother

What is time to God brother, nothing is impossible for God and if He says, has He has, they will be saved, they will be saved.

And so all Israel will be saved ('a PARTIAL hardening has come upon Israel'). This is interesting because we are told 'in all things Jews first 'but here it is reversed. Salvation had to come to the Gentiles due to the Jews rejection of the Messiah, but this is only for the 'time of the gentiles' Israel will be saved.

The workings of the divine purpose is that the gospel should be received by the Gentile's first, and then also by the Jew'sthe salvation of 'all Israel' will come about. '

Does this scripture mean 'every Jew', or 'Israel as a whole'? Is it referring to the spiritual Israel?

V26 'The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob.' here Paul appears to be using scripture from Isaiah

Isaiah 59:20 (NKJV)
"The Redeemer will come to Zion, And to those who turn from transgression in Jacob," Says the LORD.

Paul probably had these verse in mind as he wrote...

Psalm 14:7 (NKJV)
Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When the LORD brings back the captivity of His people, Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.

Psalm 53:6 (NKJV)
Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion! When God brings back the captivity of His people, Let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad.

Romans 11:27 (NKJV)
27 For this is My covenant with them, When I take away their sins."

Again Paul is using/referring to scripture from the OT.

Isaiah 59:21 (NKJV)
"As for Me," says the LORD, "this is My covenant with them: My Spirit who is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your descendants, nor from the mouth of your descendants' descendants," says the LORD, "from this time and forevermore."

This therefore is not a covenant yet to be made, but the fulfilment of one made long ago.

Shalom

A problem is with language. The Jews went into captivity twice and some say their language died out and had to relearn their language.

All language prior to the flood was also lost except what was written in caves, stones like the Gilgemesh stone, or whatever scrolls survived on the ark.

Ezra had to re read the law after discovering scrolls.

2 Corinthians 3:13 We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at the end of what was fading away.

Moses put a veil over his face because he did not want the Israelite to see the glory of God was fading away from them.

A lot of Jews are atheists after WWII because of the Holocaust.

Staff Member
Interesting that you'll find that the Jewish people are pretty much like Christians who attend churches that are not necessarily provided the complete unvarnished truth of Scripture.

Here is an interesting ministry that is ongoing in Israeli.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
\o/
<><

Rom 10:17 NKJV - So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.