• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why the Blood

Jesus said to His deciples " do not be afraid for I am not a ghost. Handle me, for a ghost does not have flesh and bone as you see I have."

He is risen as Himself; He has no blood in His veins.

Paul said, Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. ..so what about flesh and bone?

"why the Blood"

"Why did Jew sacrifice animal, cutting their throat and shedding their blood"

For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life. -Leviticus 17:11

Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. -Hebrews 9:22

"Who was the 1st to sacrifice an animal to please God"

God Himself.
And the LORD God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife. -Genesis 3:21

"why the Blood"

"Why did Jew sacrifice animal, cutting their throat and shedding their blood"

For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it for you on the altar to make atonement for your souls, for it is the blood that makes atonement by the life. -Leviticus 17:11

Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins. -Hebrews 9:22

"Who was the 1st to sacrifice an animal to please God"

God Himself.
And the LORD God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife. -Genesis 3:21

very well said.

The wages of sin is death. The life must be take which is in the blood.

Jesus' blood was the Life taken as a perfect sacrifice for everyone who will believe. It is a free gift.

Therefore our sins are washed away by The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.

And now we will be called children of God for those who take this free gift and believe by faith.