• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why people 20-50 has dropped out of Church

I have been reading that people 20 and over dropped out of church. Those who are 20 and over tell me your reason why? I think it is more then what is being said in these articles.

20... older

Lot's of Younger people that age go to college or get involved in other things.... my own son who serves at Church now has college and work... He still serves God though...

The young people at our church are strong in the Lord.. so they might go to bible schools.. off to college, but you can be rest assured they serve God, and are attending somewhere..

Jesus Is Lord.

I have been reading that people 20 and over dropped out of church. Those who are 20 and over tell me your reason why? I think it is more then what is being said in these articles.

Worldwide, the facts are that Christianity, fath in Jesus is growing at an alarming rate.....

The Christian count in China is now above 2 billion. Reading a book recently "Back to Jerusalem" written by 3 Chinese leaders, the plan therein is to return to Jerusalem with the Christian message. This is now being undertaken by Chinese Christians travelling along the 'Silk Road' an old trade route. Through religeous countries where Christian life will be lost.

The gospel came West. Acts 19:21. And the gospel has travelled West throughout Europe, America and to China, and now back to Jerusalem

Etc.

I dropped out of the church when i was in my late twenties. The reasons were many and varied. But firstly i would like to say that i did not drop out of seeking God and finding ways to know God.
I came to a truth that God really is love. while i was in church these were just words on a page. now i find God outside of the church this truth has more meaning.
I increasing saw the world as one place as one people and all of us as GOds children. I found the church did not offer me this all embracing view of humanity, instead i was being taught about the exclusivity of christians of chosen ones and of seperation. MUch as i loved (and still love) the people in the church i found more and more my truth was out of kilter with theirs. I wanted to explore different ways of knowing God and this i have done.
I still have many friends who go to church and they are content to know God in this way. But for me I now have an expanded view of God and of GOds love. Sometimes i visit churches to see if anything has changed. I am pleased to say that i have found many churches who take a wider view of God than others. I do feel more comfortable with such people so may be one day i will return to the fold, but in the meantime i am happy knowing God outside of the church (or any other religion) and i still welcome fellowship with Christians and others. I like to listed to others truth for then i can grow my own. for the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
PS many of my freinds left the church for the same reason as me.

I dropped out of the church when i was in my late twenties. The reasons were many and varied. But firstly i would like to say that i did not drop out of seeking God and finding ways to know God.
I came to a truth that God really is love. while i was in church these were just words on a page. now i find God outside of the church this truth has more meaning.
I increasing saw the world as one place as one people and all of us as GOds children. I found the church did not offer me this all embracing view of humanity, instead i was being taught about the exclusivity of christians of chosen ones and of seperation. MUch as i loved (and still love) the people in the church i found more and more my truth was out of kilter with theirs. I wanted to explore different ways of knowing God and this i have done.
I still have many friends who go to church and they are content to know God in this way. But for me I now have an expanded view of God and of GOds love. Sometimes i visit churches to see if anything has changed. I am pleased to say that i have found many churches who take a wider view of God than others. I do feel more comfortable with such people so may be one day i will return to the fold, but in the meantime i am happy knowing God outside of the church (or any other religion) and i still welcome fellowship with Christians and others. I like to listed to others truth for then i can grow my own. for the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
PS many of my freinds left the church for the same reason as me.

Dear Friend....I hear you as a servant of Jesus and question "Have you met Him" "Jesus"

To encounter Jesus is a life changing meeting........

i am 27 and it is hard to find true believers my age it seams where i live and attend church. the very few true believers my age that i talk to once and a while are very skeptical of church. they have either been hurt or are very afraid of false teachers and would rather just stay out of church. i go because I want a closer relationship with God and will pursue Him anyway i can.