• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why Jesus could not condemn the Woman who was caught in the very act of adultery?

Loyal
Remember this is not “Sunday School”, once a week “bible class” or ask your pastor radio program. This is “Talk Jesus”. Com. Give “Holy Scripture” back up your answer or refer to scripture in context pertaining to the post. A hint “people always get it wrong.” The reason why, he did not condemn her.❤️

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Loyal
there is only one reason I am aware of that Jesus does not condemn a sinner, that is repentance.

Acts 3:19
Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be blotted out,

Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it he cam into the world to save it

John 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

Loyal
Here is another hint: why he could not condemn her. Remember Jesus cannot break the law. If He did, he could not have been, the perfect sacrifice for the atonement for our sins. Remember Jesus was walking in the Old Testament era, to fulfil the Law of God OT. If you read the story again about, her the act of adultery and keep in mind the requirement of conviction in the law. You will see your Savior in action as a “Paraclete”.❤or “advocate”

Loyal
The woman 'caught' in the very act of adultery was being set up. Jesus Christ knew that. Where was the man who was with her? After all , it Does take two to commit adultery. And How was anybody going to know when she was going to actually be doing it in order To catch her. And He was being used Himself to see how He would react. She was the repentent one, the men certainly weren't.

Loyal
Sue, you must have a little Baptist running through you. why I said that: you place a lot of speculation in the text . Not your fault but by preachers who applied speculation in their sermons through out the years.
1st. The woman was not set up. She was caught in the very act. True statement. Bible did not lie.
2nd. Where was the man, let me speculate as well . “He ran jump on his stallion And they could not stop him, he had a fast horse. Left the poor girl behind to face her accusers. If you can speculate so can I. Now do you understand. So I am saying the answer to the question is in the text why he could not condemn her, you had the answer going in the right direction until you started to speculate. You know better. ❤️

Loyal
Women sure like to attack men discreetly. After they reel him in. I see what you were doing Sue. LOL.

Loyal
Ok this is why he could not condemn her. Because of the law of God. To condemn someone you had to have two witnesses Jesus had patience and knew everything. And after he wrote something on the ground that convince them to walk away one by one, convicted by their conscience. Jesus was Left Alone and the woman standing in the mist, [guilty]. He said to her, where are your accusers, have any man condemned you? She answered: NO MAN, Lord. Jesus said : neither do I , go and SIN no more. THE WOMAN HAD NO ACCUSERS, NO ONE CONDEMNED HER. Jesus could not condemn her! HE Was not there to see the act, if he was there to see the act, he still could not condemn her it took 2 witnesses. That is why He said: Neither do I condemn thee! He was not there! Another reason why He is also called a “Paraclete” [Advocate]. And knew the Law! LOL ❤️

Loyal
That situation is found in John 8 -- the woman caught in adultery. "Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst , they said to Him, "Teacher , this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act.

Part of the Mosaic law stated that such should be stoned. But what do You say? vs 6 It was Jesus Christ who was being tested. He challenged the men standing around -- who ever was without sin, himself, could throw the first stone at her. One by one they all left. Since there was now only Jesus and the woman left -- there was no one left to condemn her. She was told to go and sin no more. He didn't condemn her , either.

I was only sharing what I've heard Others share about this setting. She was being set up by the men -- it takes two to commit adultery -- so Where was the man involved. Probably standing with the other men AFter he got dressed quickly. My point was Who was going to Know that right Then she was with a man committing adultery?! In order To catch her in the very act of.

Wow Mr. PloughBoy -- Yes, I AM full-blooded, conservative Baptist. So "I should know better, should I".

My speculation was based on some knowledge of what happened back then. You are making fun of 'speculation'. Not the same thing.

I'm not purposely doing Anything. But in the arena of having sex. The female is the one who gets pregnant -- the guy doesn't -- a guy is 'free' to mess around with as many females as he wants and never get pregnant as a result. The Only thing that will get him 'caught' is when the baby turns out to look 'just like Daddy'.

I'm not purposely doing Anything -- discreetly Or otherwise. But I'm starting to repeat myself.

Loyal
PloughBoy -- no need to explain the situation to me. I'd already looked it up.

Actually there were plenty of witnesses. Just none of them wanted to admit it. They were all potentially guilty of the same 'Act of' and maybe even with the same woman. And, yes, He had full knowledge of the situation.

Loyal
L O L -- now That is what every woman Really appreciates -- True Male Submission L O L

Time for me to close up for this evening. It's almost 10:30. :)

(it's my birthday tomorrow -- that means you're supposed to be Nice to me :) )

Loyal
Ok this is why he could not condemn her. Because of the law of God. To condemn someone you had to have two witnesses Jesus had patience and knew everything. And after he wrote something on the ground that convince them to walk away one by one, convicted by their conscience. Jesus was Left Alone and the woman standing in the mist, [guilty]. He said to her, where are your accusers, have any man condemned you? She answered: NO MAN, Lord. Jesus said : neither do I , go and SIN no more. THE WOMAN HAD NO ACCUSERS, NO ONE CONDEMNED HER. Jesus could not condemn her! HE Was not there to see the act, if he was there to see the act, he still could not condemn her it took 2 witnesses. That is why He said: Neither do I condemn thee! He was not there! Another reason why He is also called a “Paraclete” [Advocate]. And knew the Law! LOL ❤
I think you've missed the mark with this answer.

The text says that the pharisees were out to cause trouble for Jesus. How? By forcing him into a place where he had to either defy Roman law or by denying the Old Testament law.

In the day the Roman's had reserved the right to hand down the the death penalty to themselves.

If Jesus had said 'stone her according to the Law of Moses', his enemies would have reported him to Rome, and his ministry silenced. Or his credibility as a teacher destroyed if he contradicted Moses. Clever.

Jesus wasn't a witness and nobody was inviting him to take that role. Presumably there were sufficient witnesses in the crowd. The pharisees were putting jesus in an impossible position by asking him to rule in the case as a judge.

Jesus' answer is brilliant because it a) gets him out of a legal tight spot b) reveals his enemies motivations c) reveals his own character.

Active
This passage needs to be read very carefully. For me it speaks volumes about how over the millennia 'sex sins' have been dealt with as a special category, particularly grave. The story wouldn't have had the same effect if the woman had been caught shouting at her mum and dad, a sin which under Old Testament law carried the same capital punishment Leviticus 20:9. Jesus quashed this idea of black and grey sins with his response of letting the crowd rage in righteous indignation and then quietly asking which one of you lot has never sinned? Then the penny dropped.

The woman doesn't repent in the story and Jesus doesn't forgive her sin, whether that happened outside of the story; we'll never know. He gives her advice; sin no more. Sin no more as opposed to, just pack in your boyfriend. Jesus gave her opportunity to repent; whether she took it, we're not told. Had he gone along with the lynch-mob that woman would have gone straight to Hell; something that God doesn't want for anybody. Note also, Jesus was not being light on adultery, see Matthew 5:27-29, far stricter than any of the Pharisees. Jesus was saying that the time wasn't right for Him to judge and condemn John 12:47. What this passage tells me is that we shouldn't look outside of the Church and wish for God to bring forward His judgement, rather we should reach out rather than pick a fight. My heart sinks when I read of Christians in court accused of breaking homophobic hate laws, wedding cakes, B&Bs.

How would this story have played out if the woman had been a man caught in the very act? Would the outcome have been any different?

Loyal
I got a different impression. Jesus was Not condemning her and tells her to go and sin no more. That is admonishing her to change her ways - to Not continue in that way of life. And I fully expect that she didn't.

If it had been a man instead of the woman? It would probably have been ignored. In the world of sexual sins -- men don't get pregnant - women do. There Is the world of diseases caused by sexual sinning.

Remember this is not “Sunday School”, once a week “bible class” or ask your pastor radio program. This is “Talk Jesus”. Com. Give “Holy Scripture” back up your answer or refer to scripture in context pertaining to the post. A hint “people always get it wrong.” The reason why, he did not condemn her.❤
Hello everyone. Praise God.
Am here to share this wonderful message with you.

Isaiah 9:4-FF.
When God breaks the York that burdens us.He helps us untill we make it . He holds our arms untill we become successful. Examples to verify my statement.

When He broke the york of hannah's burreness. She gave birth to samuel who was one of the great prophets.

When He broke the york of modecai who was a gatekeeper,he became a govanor?

When He helped Ruth the widow He never gave ruth an ordinary man but instead she got married to a very rich man named Boaz.

David was a sheperd but later became one of Israel's great kings.

So my dear sisters and brothers in chrisit God will help you until you become one of the greatest people in this world. He willnot help you half way but He will until the end.so get up and call to Him.you may have fasted and prayed but things dont seem to change? But am here to tell you theres still hope.

God bless you. Janet kulabako.

Loyal
This passage needs to be read very carefully. For me it speaks volumes about how over the millennia 'sex sins' have been dealt with as a special category, particularly grave. The story wouldn't have had the same effect if the woman had been caught shouting at her mum and dad, a sin which under Old Testament law carried the same capital punishment Leviticus 20:9. Jesus quashed this idea of black and grey sins with his response of letting the crowd rage in righteous indignation and then quietly asking which one of you lot has never sinned? Then the penny dropped.

The woman doesn't repent in the story and Jesus doesn't forgive her sin, whether that happened outside of the story; we'll never know. He gives her advice; sin no more. Sin no more as opposed to, just pack in your boyfriend. Jesus gave her opportunity to repent; whether she took it, we're not told. Had he gone along with the lynch-mob that woman would have gone straight to Hell; something that God doesn't want for anybody. Note also, Jesus was not being light on adultery, see Matthew 5:27-29, far stricter than any of the Pharisees. Jesus was saying that the time wasn't right for Him to judge and condemn John 12:47. What this passage tells me is that we shouldn't look outside of the Church and wish for God to bring forward His judgement, rather we should reach out rather than pick a fight. My heart sinks when I read of Christians in court accused of breaking homophobic hate laws, wedding cakes, B&Bs.

How would this story have played out if the woman had been a man caught in the very act? Would the outcome have been any different?
With you all the way - until the very last sentence :). Of course, for the woman to have been caught in the act of adultery, the man must have been caught too. Who knows the exact circumstances, but it's difficult to think of a realistic scenario in which the man guilty of adultery didn't somehow get a free pass from the crowd.

Anyway, Jesus has a way of turning our righteous indignation at other's sins against to shine a light on our own failings, hypocrisy and wickness - so we all ought to speak with care.

When God breaks the York that burdens us.He helps us untill we make it . He holds our arms untill we become successful. Examples to verify my statement.

When He broke the york of hannah's burreness. She gave birth to samuel who was one of the great prophets.

When He helped Ruth the widow He never gave ruth an ordinary man but instead she got married to a very rich man named Boaz.

So my dear sisters and brothers in chrisit God will help you until you become one of the greatest people in this world. He willnot help you half way but He will until the end.so get up and call to Him.you may have fasted and prayed but things dont seem to change? But am here to tell you theres still hope.

11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

5 In Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night: and God said, Ask what I shall give thee.