• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why is This Such a No Show?

Loyal
Mark 16:17-18 (CJB)
17 And these signs will accompany those who do trust (Believe) : in my name, they will drive out demons, speak with new tongues, 18 not be injured if they handle snakes or drink poison, and heal the sick by laying hands on them.”

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mark 16:17-18 (MSG)
17-18 “These are some of the signs that will accompany believers: They will throw out demons in my name, they will speak in new tongues, they will take snakes in their hands, they will drink poison and not be hurt, they will lay hands on the sick and make them well.”

Mark 16:17-18 (NIV)
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Ok..Four different versions....They all say the same thing so I did not misunderstand what it says...
At verse 20 the Word says that they went out and preached in the streets and the Lord followed them with signs... It was the way things were.
Mark 16:17-20 (CJB)
17 And these signs will accompany those who do trust: in my name they will drive out demons, speak with new tongues, 18 not be injured if they handle snakes or drink poison, and heal the sick by laying hands on them.”

19 So then, after he had spoken to them, the Lord Yeshua was taken up into heaven and sat at the right hand of God.a]">[a] 20 And they went out and proclaimed everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the message by the accompanying signs.

Now....The question.....Why is it that we do not see this happening on any regular basis...It seems that it happens more by accident than as a result of anything else...Man get healed...Christians go "Oooh How did that happen?" Man needs healed and Christians go...."Well....If it be Gods will.....Yas! Amen!" Then the man walks away unhealed....

Why is it so? What's the difference between Mark 16:17-18 and the church now?
What can be done about it?
Or have I missed it completely?

Loyal
Try going to some Pentecostal churches. I haven't seen the daemons that often. Maybe 5 or 6 times in my life.
New tongues are sometimes every week, and sometimes maybe once a month.
Laying hands on for healing, maybe a dozen times in my life. My wife was healed from stage 4 cancer.
A person I know personally that was in a wheelchair for years, got up and walked.

It does happen that some people don't get healed, I don't know why. (I have heard 5 or 6 different reasons).
But then there are people like Katherine Kuhlman and John G Lake that heal thousands.
Also there are stories of mass healings in places like Africa.

The drinking deadly poisons, I've tried to avoid personally :)

Loyal
Try going to some Pentecostal churches. I haven't seen the daemons that often. Maybe 5 or 6 times in my life.
Laying hands on for healing, maybe a dozen times in my life. My wife was healed from stage 4 cancer.
A person I know personally that was in a wheelchair for years, got up and walked.

It does happen that some people don't get healed, I don't know why. (I have heard 5 or 6 different reasons).
But then there are people like Katherine Kuhlman and John G Lake that heal thousands.

I agree with you there B-A-C but my question was, Why do we not see it on a regular basis. My point is, more succinctly, why are the ordinary Christians not seeing it in their lives all the time? I myself have been healed several times I myself have been delivered from demons...I myself have seen people healed by God using me and I have seen demons kicked out of people through God using me. I know its the real deal but it is not a regular occurrence. In the verse I quoted, they were simply preaching the good news and people were getting healed all over.

Funny you mention John G. Lake. I am trained under JGLM, and I, and the CDHT's that come out of that ministry DO see these signs and wonders on a regular basis. I could give endless testimonies of what I have personally witnessed. There are a few reasons this is not seen regularly today, but simply put, the church at large is "asleep", and has not been taught how to pray the prayer of faith. Things are improving, but, probably 90% or more of the churches do not teach healing, do not study it, and if they do, most get it wrong.

I am more than willing to share what I know and answer all questions, but rather than get into a lengthy discussion here, may I suggest you check out Curry Blake on youtube, the present overseer of JGLM.

Loyal
Funny you mention John G. Lake. I am trained under JGLM, and I, and the CDHT's that come out of that ministry DO see these signs and wonders on a regular basis. I could give endless testimonies of what I have personally witnessed. There are a few reasons this is not seen regularly today, but simply put, the church at large is "asleep", and has not been taught how to pray the prayer of faith. Things are improving, but, probably 90% or more of the churches do not teach healing, do not study it, and if they do, most get it wrong.

I am more than willing to share what I know and answer all questions, but rather than get into a lengthy discussion here, may I suggest you check out Curry Blake on youtube, the present overseer of JGLM.

What is a JGLM and a CDHT? I haven't been into a church in almost thirty years so the jargon is a foreign language to me.

What is a JGLM and a CDHT? I haven't been into a church in almost thirty years so the jargon is a foreign language to me.

JGLM - John G. Lake Ministries. A "CDHT" is a fancy "name", it means "certified divine healing technician." John G. Lake came up with that name for people who attended his school, went through his training, complete the course. Some folks call us "faith healers", which I personally do not like. I always simply refer to myself as a healing and deliverance minister.

Of course, you certainly do not need to go through any course or training to "heal" anyone, but a program such as this is simply an instruction course, taught from the Bible, studying the very healings of Jesus, the apostles, how they did it, and even more importantly, how we do not understand it, since most of us have sat in church for 30+ years listening to man's garbage doctrines taught to us. In the course of this training, we actually "unlearn" the bad/incorrect things that we have picked up all these years.

It is so simple, God did not make this healing and deliverance complicated at all - it is man who has adulterated it. If you have time, I encourage you to watch the videos that I linked to.

Loyal
JGLM - John G. Lake Ministries. A "CDHT" is a fancy "name", it means "certified divine healing technician." John G. Lake came up with that name for people who attended his school, went through his training, complete the course. Some folks call us "faith healers", which I personally do not like. I always simply refer to myself as a healing and deliverance minister.

Of course, you certainly do not need to go through any course or training to "heal" anyone, but a program such as this is simply an instruction course, taught from the Bible, studying the very healings of Jesus, the apostles, how they did it, and even more importantly, how we do not understand it, since most of us have sat in church for 30+ years listening to man's garbage doctrines taught to us. In the course of this training, we actually "unlearn" the bad/incorrect things that we have picked up all these years.

It is so simple, God did not make this healing and deliverance complicated at all - it is man who has adulterated it. If you have time, I encourage you to watch the videos that I linked to.
John G Lake was a godly man whom I would have no trouble following, since he followed Jesus. Ok Fancy names aside I agree that healing and deliverance are simple in the doing of them. All they require is a belief in Gods Word and stepping out in faith to put them into force.

Active
It happens when you go spread the gospel, or evangelise particuarly on mission fields most churches arent really concentrating on evangelism, sadly. If the church is quite established somettimes things can stagnate cos its assumed everyone is a christian already and now we concentrating on our own walks.

But if you have a heart for evangelism and it is your gift or ministry get out there and do it. There are healing and deliverance ministries around, go and find them.

I am a bit concerned you dont go to church, if you not fellowshipping or meeting regularly with other believers of course you not going to see this. Jesus did send disciples out two by two in delieverance teams, dont do it on your own.

Loyal
It happens when you go spread the gospel, or evangelise particuarly on mission fields most churches arent really concentrating on evangelism, sadly. If the church is quite established somettimes things can stagnate cos its assumed everyone is a christian already and now we concentrating on our own walks.

But if you have a heart for evangelism and it is your gift or ministry get out there and do it. There are healing and deliverance ministries around, go and find them.

I am a bit concerned you dont go to church, if you not fellowshipping or meeting regularly with other believers of course you not going to see this. Jesus did send disciples out two by two in delieverance teams, dont do it on your own.

Don't be concerned my friend...Every God removed my Lady and I from church Every time we try to go back to churches we are removed again....That's BLESSING! God told me right at the very beginning of my born again life that HE would be my teacher. He has been faithful.

Active
Oh you mean you and your wife. Well I need to go to church because none of my immediate family is christian. Church is a blessing to me.

But am not going there today though. Some people arent married you know.

Loyal
Oh you mean you and your wife. Well I need to go to church because none of my immediate family is christian. Church is a blessing to me.

But am not going there today though. Some people arent married you know.
Agreed Lanolin You bloom where you are planted....Most people are planted into churches...Bloom there

Loyal
Mark 16:17-18 (CJB)
17 And these signs will accompany those who do trust (Believe) : in my name, they will drive out demons, speak with new tongues, 18 not be injured if they handle snakes or drink poison, and heal the sick by laying hands on them.”

Mark 16:17-18 (KJV)
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mark 16:17-18 (MSG)
17-18 “These are some of the signs that will accompany believers: They will throw out demons in my name, they will speak in new tongues, they will take snakes in their hands, they will drink poison and not be hurt, they will lay hands on the sick and make them well.”

Mark 16:17-18 (NIV)
17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

Ok..Four different versions....They all say the same thing so I did not misunderstand what it says...
At verse 20 the Word says that they went out and preached in the streets and the Lord followed them with signs... It was the way things were.
Mark 16:17-20 (CJB)
17 And these signs will accompany those who do trust: in my name they will drive out demons, speak with new tongues, 18 not be injured if they handle snakes or drink poison, and heal the sick by laying hands on them.”

19 So then, after he had spoken to them, the Lord Yeshua was taken up into heaven and sat at the right hand of God.a]">[a] 20 And they went out and proclaimed everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the message by the accompanying signs.

Now....The question.....Why is it that we do not see this happening on any regular basis...It seems that it happens more by accident than as a result of anything else...Man get healed...Christians go "Oooh How did that happen?" Man needs healed and Christians go...."Well....If it be Gods will.....Yas! Amen!" Then the man walks away unhealed....

Why is it so? What's the difference between Mark 16:17-18 and the church now?
What can be done about it?
Or have I missed it completely?
Greetings My Friend,
Far too many Believers have slowly traded His Word for Religion and Traditions. In doing this, they remove much of the New Testament and claim it's not for believers today.

In doing so they have limited the Spirit of God and have slowly traded being Holy Ghost Spirit Led for a carnal Christianity where they blend into the world.

We all should be living as if we are finishing the books of acts.

God is raising up a people who will live as He has written.
That's my hearts desire is to get to that place regardless of what others insist.
Blessings
Jim

Loyal
Greetings My Friend,
Far too many Believers have slowly traded His Word for Religion and Traditions. In doing this, they remove much of the New Testament and claim it's not for believers today.

In doing so they have limited the Spirit of God and have slowly traded being Holy Ghost Spirit Led for a carnal Christianity where they blend into the world.

We all should be living as if we are finishing the books of acts.

God is raising up a people who will live as He has written.
That's my hearts desire is to get to that place regardless of what others insist.
Blessings
Jim

Wow Jim I thought you got lost! It's good to see you again! I agree with your post. How many times have you been told " Oh The age of healing is past. It ended with the apostles" Or "Oh Healing is only for the spirit part of you" They never look at the scriptures that say there are people gifted as apostles today.
Ephesians 4:10-12 So, If the apostles are still among us, according to their own words, we still have healing with us... Another thing...Moses asked "Who shall I say it is who sent me?" Father said "Tell them that I AM sent you. I AM THAT I AM! Do you need salvation? That's the I AM that I AM! Do you need deliverance from devils? Thats the I AM that I AM! Do you need healing? That's the I AM that I AM!" Whatever you need That's the I AM that He am!!!!

Remember! If I AM dwells inside of you.....Healing dwells inside of you. Healing is a done deal.

Loyal
Greetings my Friend,
Being A Senior Mod over at another forum keeps me plenty busy BUT Brother it is Peaceful and Relaxing Coming over here. I like it, it's kind of like running away from home for awhile.

You hit the nail on the head there Sir with this.

Have you ever noticed that no place in the New Testament does it say pray and ask, beg or plee that God would do anything about our enemy the devil?

No Sir, It is Written You cast out demons and You do this and You do that.

He gave us the Authority and Power to do a lot of things and God is not going to do for us what He has given unto us to do.

Same as tongues or praying in the Spirit. It is vital for a believer but yet too many down play it and render it void and out dated.

It's been a slow process but Believers have slowly allowed religion and traditions to creep into the Church and The Power of God's word slowly replaced.

It does not take a PhD to see who is behind that deal.
Any way nice to know you are still active here at T.J and I am looking forward to spending more time here.
Have a Blessed and Joyful Day
Blessings
Jim

Active
I havent heard of that happening but then I dont go to churches who arent spirit filled.

I do know they are around though, but dont stay in them too long, cos theres nothing really there to stick round for. I know of some that disappove of speaking in tongues and dont let anyone even talk of it.

But I dont go to those kinds of churches. I think I would find them boring and superficial. If i need healing Im going to ask elders to pray for me fervently Im not going to go to a church that just tells me oh go and see a doctor.

What can be done about it? Well I dont know how you would admonish a lukewarm church except by telling them all to repent and go back to their first love.

I think they will soon learn of the consequences of their lukewarmness when they find themselves sick and dying and no new believers coming and joining their exclusive social club.

Loyal
I havent heard of that happening but then I dont go to churches who arent spirit filled.

I do know they are around though, but dont stay in them too long, cos theres nothing really there to stick round for. I know of some that disappove of speaking in tongues and dont let anyone even talk of it.

But I dont go to those kinds of churches. I think I would find them boring and superficial. If i need healing Im going to ask elders to pray for me fervently Im not going to go to a church that just tells me oh go and see a doctor.

What can be done about it? Well I dont know how you would admonish a lukewarm church except by telling them all to repent and go back to their first love.

I think they will soon learn of the consequences of their lukewarmness when they find themselves sick and dying and no new believers coming and joining their exclusive social club.

I heard of one lady, I believe Charlotte was her name, She was dying of some ugly disease and after studying in the Word, she came against said disease and was totally healed...In her excitement she bounced out of her hospital bed and ran down the hall yelling and screaming that she was healed Jesus had healed her....Well the story says she came upon a friend who worked there and ran to him, She told him how she had been healed....Even though he could see that she was on her feet, full of energy and life...he said to her "Come on Charlotte! You know I don't believe in that kind of thing!" So then even seeing is not believing. It still boils down to.....If you do not believe Gods Word you will not see it fulfilled.....Seeing is believing is backward.....The truth is 'In Believing you see' Credendo Vedes!

Loyal
You may be right, but in all the time I've seen him post messages on here, I've never once seen him call her his "wife".

LOL Yes dear ones. She is my wife. I am her hugsband and we are very married...She is a rare one...She is a Lady so that's what I call her...Ladies, you know, are a very rare thing. Ladies are even more rare than gentlemen. Not all women are ladies, just as not all men are gentlemen.

Loyal
.Ladies, you know, are a very rare thing. Ladies are even more rare than gentlemen. Not all women are ladies, just as not all men are gentlemen.

Just as all guys don't know how to treat and keep a lady - not all women know how to treat and keep a gentleman.