• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why Is This Happening To Me

Questions…
Are you there, Lord?
When will it happen, Lord?
Aren’t you going to answer my prayers?
Those are the questions we all may have asked the Lord at one point or the other. Maybe we

are asking those same questions now? That is especially true when we find ourselves in

unpleasant circumstances. We ask- why? Why did this bad thing happen to that person? Why is

all this happening to me? Why this delay? A day passes by; weeks pass by; months pass by;

even the years roll by, all seemingly without any positive change. We prayed, we fasted, and

we trusted God. Then unexpectedly, the something happens. The situation takes a turn for the

worst. What just happened? We are puzzled. We are baffled. We may be briefly confused. We

remember all the good promises of God and we can’t relate it with the present situation. Why?
Is God just? Does He care? Does He even know I exist?

If you are reading this, has this ever happened to you? I’m guessing the answer is – “yes”.

Simply put, Jesus Christ said something that we all need to meditate upon more these days:

John 5 v 13 – Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world. You and I included.

John 3v16. For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only begotten son that whosoever

believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

O yes, He died. He died because of love. That includes you. He gave his life as a sacrifice to

reconcile a whole world to back to God. You can’t accuse Him for not caring. No, you cannot!

What you and I may be going through right now is not a fraction of the suffering and price He

paid to save our souls. Can you imagine the way our Lord and Saviour died? He didn’t die like

royalty. He died a slow painful death and among thieves. Christ, who knew no sin! Yet He

didn’t bail out on us then. If He didn’t bail out then, why would He now sitting at the right hand

of God the Father bail out now. His whole existence is about love. It is the greatest love story

ever imagined.

Let’s trust him. Learn to trust God in all situations. Any person that can choose to lay down his

life of his own free will is worthy of trust. We enter into a plane and never question the

expertise of the pilot, yet we trust him to fly us to our destination. Let God bear you in his hands

as a loving father bears a child. Of course, there will be the occasional turbulence and storms.

Make no mistake about this, but let him steer you out of them. He knew about the storms

before you got into it. He knew Joseph’s brothers were going to betray him; He knew Jesus

was going to be betrayed; He knew the children of Israel were going to be confronted with the

red sea. In spite of His knowing all this Joseph was betrayed and went in prison; the children

of Egypt obeyed Moses and were in the middle of a mighty Egyptian army and the red sea;

Jesus was crucified and He died. A man would have said all HOPE was lost; but God always

says with man it is impossible, but with God all is possible. His ways are not our ways. Try as

we may, we may not always figure out His workings. Only trust will see you through. Have you

seen how a baby looks up to his mother for his or her sustenance? The mum is like a saviour

in the eyes of the baby. She is the center of the universe to that child.

The devil on the other hand works so hard to steal, to kill, and to destroy. His mission is to
1Peter 5v8 – Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring

lion, seeking whom he may devour.

It is the nature of the devil to plant sorrow and heartache in every live. He does not rest. He

tries to resist the will and counsel of God in our lives. Basically, he targets our joy. That is why

the word of God as contained in the scripture is important. It is the manual from God to us as

believers. It reveals to us our rights and our place in Christ.
Jesus said “Watch and pray that you do not fall into temptation”.

Colossians 4v2 – Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving.

Let us not give up on prayer. First of all it is a commandment and secondly prayer works. We

need to embrace His word as a life choice.
“So shall they be life to thy soul, and grace to thy neck”. Proverbs 3v22.
We need to tarry in prayer also, it is a commandment. There will be trying times that we all will

go through. No one is immune to this. All the same, we still need to pray. In addition to prayer,

we need patience. Great patience at these times will let the Lord perfect His work in you and

lead you to your palace and destiny. Adversities of life weren’t meant to destroy you.

Therefore to all the questions of the why why why:
I will say this:
Let Him guide you through every confusion life throws at you.

Don’t lose HOPE yet.
Please, don’t walk away yet.
He is love and he cares.
No matter what you are going through right now, talk to Him, depend on him; and let Him do

what only He can do. AMEN.