• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why God will allow severe trials in your life - a testimony and word of encouragement

Active
I grew up on the wrong side f the tracks, born of a mother that found her parked beneath many men and she did thirteen turns in our Prison System. My favorite book in the Word of God. It truly is the most beautiful book of about the love of YHWH for His Creation.
My favorite book in the Word of God. Which book? or the whole ?

Active
LOL! I failed to read before postibng. Job is the book I relate to the most. YHWH loves Job and the Trials not only proved the faith of Job to himself and others but also strengthened that faith. The Faithful went to Paradise to wait for the Birth and Death of Yashua ha'Mashiach before entering Heaven and Job spent that time waiting with both sets of his children and wives.

I suffer a lot in school because of bullies to the point my hair was falling out and i cant even speak properly. It happen year after year the reason why i believe what caused me to become schizophrenia. My parents was neglectful they rarely bought my any clothes. Now im kind of stuck with them because of lack if knowlege. I already suffer why would god just add on to the cake, if god try to put in trials most likely ill probably kill myself. Im not a strong person as people think, im very sensitive. What would be the point of making me suffer again?
I empathize your suffering. But I consider Jesus was with me when I suffered. For I heard that He said that He never leaves me nor forsake me. So He stayed by me when I suffered. He suffered with me.

To God be all glory and thanksgiving through Christ. Amen.

Brothers and sisters, I will like to share a testimony on why God allows severe trials in our lives and His goodness even in our most trying periods.

The Book of Job is a very good Scripture to study when you are going through trials that make you doubt God’s justice and goodness because Job himself suffered the most severe losses anyone can suffer: death of his family members, loss of wealth and property and loss of health. When he first suffered these losses, he was so full of faith that he humbled himself and said “Naked came I from my mother’s womb, and naked will I return. The LORD has given, the LORD had taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD.” (Job 1:21) But then as time passed, after losing his health to a grievous sore, Job became bitter. His friends tried to comfort him but ended up rebuking him for his complaints against God, justifying God and attributing his sufferings to sin in his life. Job became even more bitter and called his friends miserable comforters. Yet God rebuked his friends for attributing his sufferings to sin and for not speaking the truth about why God allowed people who believe in Him to suffer. You may find some of Job’s complaints against God appalling because he was truly a devout man of God whom God Himself testified as blameless, fearing God and turning away from evil. (Job 1:8) But as apostle James wrote, God had compassion on Job (James 5:11), never once condemned him for his complaints against God and instead gave him double the blessing he had because of his endurance of those trials.

I myself went through 3 years of trials that was grievous to me. They were of course nothing compared to what Job suffered, but to me they were severe. I lost the things I personally treasured the most, my career and reputation. God had allowed me to encounter ungodly ex-bosses and ex-colleagues who not only treated me unjustly in terms of meagre pay and overworking but gone on to slander and spread lies about me, damaging my reputation and work relationships. I was forced to quit despite good work performance and ethics. This happened up until this year. Like Job I became bitter, even to the point I wanted to take my life. These trials brought back all the bad memories I had about my 28 years of life and how I was wronged by so many people in my life. I also had grave complaints against God like Job did, almost wanted to turn away from Him and seek revenge on those who wronged me.

But God in His mercy did not abandon me. After 3 years of bitterness, I finally came to understand why God allowed all these things into my life. In fact, I had a deeper revelation of just how much Jesus had done on the Cross for you and me.

So how did I come out of this bitterness? Through my tears and prayers to God, I was given a heart to feel that Jesus was in fact the only Person who suffered the greatest injustice in this world. We do suffer injustice on different levels, but none of us are innocent and sinless like Jesus. We each have sin in our lives that in some way will cause us to reap bad consequences. But Jesus deserved none of what He suffered, absolutely none. Yet what did He suffer as the most innocent Man to walk this earth?

In Isaiah, He was prophesied to be a man of SORROW. (Isaiah 53:3) Before He was even born, the wicked King Herod wanted Him dead. He had to run away from an attempt of MURDER on Him all the way to Egypt. He was born via Mary, who was still a virgin when He was in her womb. Since no one knows about His virgin birth, there were rumours and gossips about Him possibly being a child of fornication as Mary became pregnant before being married. In fact, when He disputed with the Pharisees and scribes about who was their father, they sarcastically insulted Him by saying “we are not illegitimate children” (John 8:41) So Jesus, by the time He was born was already facing SLANDER. When He was finally filled with the Spirit of God to preach the Gospel, He had no place to lay His head. He was living in a state of DEPRIVATION and had no permanent place of residence because people were either trying to kill Him or rejected Him. When He was about to be crucified on the Cross, He became so distressed that He SWEATED BLOOD. (Luke 22:44) He was eventually handed over to the Romans, even though being guiltless and without sin, was KILLED like a sinner.

It was with this revelation that I repented of my sins against God and stopped being bitter against Him. I did not just have a head knowledge of what Jesus suffered from reading the Scriptures, I felt sorrowful about His suffering inside. I suffered slander and know the pain of it, so I could relate that Jesus must have the same pain growing up. My suffering was so insignificant compared to what He endured.

Why did God allow me to lose my career and reputation? Because these things were becoming idols in my life and I was filled with pride about my abilities and talents. I graduated from the TOP 30 university in the world with a degree in accounting. I even earned a full time job offer with KPMG, one of the big 4 accounting firms, upon graduation. I was so proud of myself that God became second in my life. I was chasing after my own selfish ambitions, rather than God’s kingdom and righteousness. So God in His love, took those idols away from me so I would be humbled and return to Him. If I had continued on that path, I would not be able to enter the kingdom of God.

So I affirm that God will bring trials into your life, often trials that take away what you treasured most in this life, but it is out of His love for you. His ultimate goal and priority is to make you holy so you can dwell with Him forever in His kingdom, where “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9) Not even the most prosperous person in this world has received anything as good as what God will give to those who love Him. So don’t turn away from God over the things in this world, they are not worth it. God Himself is more than enough for us.
I am glad that you stand strengthen. May God’s peace be with you. Amen

I echo the other comments. Thank you for sharing your testimony. God allows trials in this life to test our faith. We cannot even imagine the glory that awaits us when we pass into eternity, and are absent from the body, and present with the Lord. Thank you for reminding us all of that.
In these times, when we are seeing prophecy unfolding before our eyes, when we see men’s hearts, growing cold, men becoming lovers of self, lovers of money, lawlessness increasing, and the world disintegrating around us, we have to remember what Jesus suffered for us. Although he was sinless and lived a perfect life, He went to the cross for us and suffered horribly, so that we could be saved from sin, and have his imputed righteousness. Maranatha!

Active
If you are a child of God, then you will both be hated by many and loved by some. Its simply the way life is here on this sin damaged earth. Jesus said, "they will hate you because they hate me".

Active
1Peter tells us that trials are Gods way of shaping and molding us.
Being tried like gold hurning out the impurities and building a stronger vessel

Active
LOL! I failed to read before postibng. Job is the book I relate to the most. YHWH loves Job and the Trials not only proved the faith of Job to himself and others but also strengthened that faith. The Faithful went to Paradise to wait for the Birth and Death of Yashua ha'Mashiach before entering Heaven and Job spent that time waiting with both sets of his children and wives.
The book of Job illustrates the extents that God will go to, to bring a person to the realization of the issues that God's been after in their lives, in order to bring them to REPENTANCE, and overcoming those issues (Behemoth, and Leviathan in Job's case). Job got the victory in 42:6.

Isa 30:20
And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher.

Isa 48:10
Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction.

Nah 1:12
Though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no more.

Mic 4:6
In that day, declares the LORD, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away and those whom I have afflicted;

Deut 32:39
See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god beside Me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of My hand.

Lam 3:38
Do not both adversity and good come from the mouth of the Most High?

Ecc 7:14
In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him

1 Pet 1:6
In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials,

James 1:2

2Count it all joy, my brothers,b when you meet trials of various kinds, 3for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. 4And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

I suffer a lot in school because of bullies to the point my hair was falling out and i cant even speak properly. It happen year after year the reason why i believe what caused me to become schizophrenia. My parents was neglectful they rarely bought my any clothes. Now im kind of stuck with them because of lack if knowlege. I already suffer why would god just add on to the cake, if god try to put in trials most likely ill probably kill myself. Im not a strong person as people think, im very sensitive. What would be the point of making me suffer again?
Love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. He sent His Word and healed them. 9But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. 10That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Ask and it will be given to you. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you. Come to Me all who labor and are heavy burdened and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me for I am gentle and lowly in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. 5For as we share abundantly in Christ’s sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.a 6If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer. 7Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

8For we do not want you to be unaware, brothers,b of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. 9Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead. 2Cor

No more talk of killing yourself. This is what you get when you endure to the end:

REV 21

1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. 2And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling placea of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people,b and God himself will be with them as their God.c 4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”

5And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” 6And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. 7The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

9Then came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues and spoke to me, saying, “Come, I will show you the Bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great, high mountain, and showed me the holy city Jerusalem coming down out of heaven from God, 11having the glory of God, its radiance like a most rare jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. 12It had a great, high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and on the gates the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel were inscribed— 13on the east three gates, on the north three gates, on the south three gates, and on the west three gates. 14And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15And the one who spoke with me had a measuring rod of gold to measure the city and its gates and walls. 16The city lies foursquare, its length the same as its width. And he measured the city with his rod, 12,000 stadia.d Its length and width and height are equal. 17He also measured its wall, 144 cubitse by human measurement, which is also an angel’s measurement. 18The wall was built of jasper, while the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19The foundations of the wall of the city were adorned with every kind of jewel. The first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald, 20the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst. 21And the twelve gates were twelve pearls, each of the gates made of a single pearl, and the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

22And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

REV 22
1Then the angela showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of lifeb with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him. 4They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.

6And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.”

7“And behold, I am coming soon. Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.”

8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me, 9but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

10And he said to me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near. 11Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy.”

12“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. 13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

14Blessed are those who wash their robes,c so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. 15Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

16“I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star.”

17The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, 19and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

20He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

21The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all.d Amen.