• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Why God Commanded Women to be Silent in Church?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom,
neither the churches of God.
Here is the big answer
Paul said he does not nor do the churches of God.
Study out where these temple prostitutes were...there lies the covering of the shaved heads.

Active
Context!! Again you use partial sentences to prove an erroneous point....1 Timothy 1:11-13 Here is your complete sentence....
Context is correct while your context is nowhere near those verses I have cited to be correct context.

8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

And that says nothing about women keeping silent.
Because that portion of scripture is taken out of context and has nothing to do with the topic Paul was talking about.

So Paul reads off the question in 1 Corinthians 14:34-37
Question; 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

Now Paul was very well educated and he KNEW that the law did not contain any such command about women keeping silent.... But he answered the question;
36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

JesusIs4Me I will say it again. THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS WOMEN ARE TO KEEP SILENT I do hope you'ver read it this time. Paul was answering questions, which you would know if you went after the context of the verses you're slinging around so cavalierly.
37...……."let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."

What Paul is writing unto them are the commandments of the Lord so if it wasn't about women to be silent in the churches, then what is the commandments of the Lord that Paul was talking about in that context for women to be silent? As it is, you are straining at the gnat and failing your own litmus test for applying scripture in context. The fall of man is where the commandment for women to be submissive to the authority of the men because Adam harkened unto Eve for why women are not to speak in the churches.

Until you explain why Paul references Adam and Eve in 1 Timothy for why he was ranting about the word of God coming "only" from women hen it only came from the first man, Adam, because God commanded Adam not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil BEFORE He created Eve for Adam... is why Eve never heard God said that for why the serpent tempted Eve, by doubting what Adam had told her that God had said that. And Adam harkened unto Eve when He did hear God say that and thus his sin unto all mankind for why women are to be submissive to the men because the word of God comes to men first for why the Spirit would not manifest tongues in women at all in the assembly.

Loyal
Context is correct while your context is nowhere near those verses I have cited to be correct context.

Because that portion of scripture is taken out of context and has nothing to do with the topic Paul was talking about.

37...……."let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord."

What Paul is writing unto them are the commandments of the Lord so if it wasn't about women to be silent in the churches, then what is the commandments of the Lord that Paul was talking about in that context for women to be silent? As it is, you are straining at the gnat and failing your own litmus test for applying scripture in context. The fall of man is where the commandment for women to be submissive to the authority of the men because Adam harkened unto Eve for why women are not to speak in the churches.

Until you explain why Paul references Adam and Eve in 1 Timothy for why he was ranting about the word of God coming "only" from women hen it only came from the first man, Adam, because God commanded Adam not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil BEFORE He created Eve for Adam... is why Eve never heard God said that for why the serpent tempted Eve, by doubting what Adam had told her that God had said that. And Adam harkened unto Eve when He did hear God say that and thus his sin unto all mankind for why women are to be submissive to the men because the word of God comes to men first for why the Spirit would not manifest tongues in women at all in the assembly.
Well sir, I'm done arguing with you...Your entire point is that women need to keep quiet. No preaching, no teaching, no ministering, no back talk! That is what we have been discussing. The thing about Adam and Eve is not about preaching and teaching...Basically, it's about a woman usurping the authority of a man...Different thing entirely....And I think that may be right. Maybe a woman should not usurp a mans authority. I've never looked into it..

What authority does a man have? He has no authority over women. He is head over a woman. And what does that mean anyway? The Word tells us all that we are to be subject to one another, so then the woman is head over the man, just as a man is head over the woman because she is an equal part of the body. God said 'man is head over the woman, just as Christ is head over the man, Christ is head of the church....and how is He head? He came as a servant, to die for us....