• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why ever christian i meet think im a new believer?

I been a Christian for 12 years, I'm not a very good Christian but every church I go to thinks I'm a new believer

Loyal
Stick with belonging to one church for a while. Get to know them, let them get to know you. If you're living in true fellowship and community with others, they'll get an accurate sense of your spiritual maturity soon enough.

Loyal
I been a Christian for 12 years, I'm not a very good Christian but every church I go to thinks I'm a new believer

As a believer, we're to be in God's Word on a regular basis and be growing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ -- why do you say you're not a very good Christian. And what can you do about it?

Loyal
Every christian in whom the Holy Spirit works in shows signs of their faith more outwardly. When people dont show those signs, people assume you are relatively new to the faith, and that the Holy Spirit is only starting to convict you of things of the world you need to stay away from.

As a believer, we're to be in God's Word regularly rowing in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ -- why do you say you're not a very good Christian. And what can you do about it?
I don't go to church, I have evil thoughts and my faith isn't strong. I can't be perfect I keep going back into sinning I can't control my self. I try to read and I want to believe in Jesus.

Loyal
I don't go to church, I have evil thoughts and my faith isn't strong. I can't be perfect I keep going back into sinning I can't control my self. I try to read and I want to believe in Jesus.
Hello there, @Godsangel,

Don't worry about your thoughts or the apparent strength of your faith (or lack of it), or indeed about your imperfections, Simply trust God, and know that He is faithful, and will do all that He promised you in His word. That if you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ His Son, that He has taken the penalty of your sin upon Himself and died in your place, and risen again that you too may live in newness of life before the Father, then a work of God has begun in you, and you are now His workmanship. He will not fail to accomplish in you all that He has promised.

The work of Christ is a finished work, and you are complete in Him, even though in your own eyes you are indeed imperfect, in God's eyes you are holy and without blame. For your sins have been forgiven, and you are in Christ. Safe and secure, and nothing can separate you from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus. So trust and do not be afraid. You are more precious than many sparrows, and God knows when each one of them falls to the ground.

You are dearly loved, Godsangel. Don't look inward, Don't look outward by comparing yourself with others, but look up to where Christ sits at God's right hand. For you are in Him, and He is your Lord and Intercessor, Who ever lives to present you perfect before the Father. Who is your Father in Him.

Read John's gospel, read Ephesians chapter one, and Praise God! For it will bring you the confidence and reassurance that you need.

Big Hug to you
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris

Active
I don't go to church,

FIRST MAJOR MISTAKE!!! You won't survive, or get mature as a Christian without involvement with a church.

I have evil thoughts and my faith isn't strong.

Not surprising. Without the involvement with other Christians, you'll not make much progress. "Evil Thoughts" are normal for humanity, and FAITH comes from GOd's WORD to you (ROm 10:17).

I can't be perfect I keep going back into sinning I can't control my self.

Absolutely CORRECT!! You Can't be PERFECT experimentally, and you WILL go back to the sins that you enjoy - that's human nature.

try to read and I want to believe in Jesus.

It SOUNDS as though you're PROBABLY not a Born Again Christian at all - which would be your first and most IMPORTANT step. I'd suggest getting with an evangelical Pastor (Baptist, Assembly of GOd, Nazarene etc.) and sharing your concerns, so that he can assist you with your spiritual life.

Loyal
@ Bob -- I'd agree with all of your comments Except that getting with a pastor isn't really necessary.

@ Godsangle -- First of all -- what do you base your Christianity On. You stated that you've been a Christian for 12 yrs. So what do you base that On? Have you acknowledged to God through Jesus Christ that you are a sinner and that you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God -- in His death, burial and bodily resurrection on the 3rd day? That based on Ephesians 2:8-9 that good works are not included in any one's salvation. That 'for by grace, you are saved through faith. What / where are you placing Your faith. In the shed blood of Christ on the cross? or are you wanting to add a good work that you've done To the shed blood of Christ. Lots of people want to add their 'thing' To that. It won't help anything.

And then everything else Would apply. Lots of human nature -- but a born again believer Does have the Holy Spirit in them to help them.

I'm sounding like I'm trying to be an authority figure -- I'm simply agreeing with you.

Active
FIRST MAJOR MISTAKE!!! You won't survive, or get mature as a Christian without involvement with a church.

Not surprising. Without the involvement with other Christians, you'll not make much progress. "Evil Thoughts" are normal for humanity, and FAITH comes from GOd's WORD to you (ROm 10:17).

Absolutely CORRECT!! You Can't be PERFECT experimentally, and you WILL go back to the sins that you enjoy - that's human nature.

It SOUNDS as though you're PROBABLY not a Born Again Christian at all - which would be your first and most IMPORTANT step. I'd suggest getting with an evangelical Pastor (Baptist, Assembly of GOd, Nazarene etc.) and sharing your concerns, so that he can assist you with your spiritual life.
Whoa! The bible does not say you have to go to church to grow in Him...It says you have to spend time with HIM

Loyal
@ Admon -- Scripture Also tells us to not forsake the assembling together with those of like faith on a regular basis. Hebrews 10:25 but starting with vs 23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, vs 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as in the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

We Need the fellowshipping / encouragement of other believers.

Active
@ Admon -- Scripture Also tells us to not forsake the assembling together with those of like faith on a regular basis. Hebrews 10:25 but starting with vs 23 "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, vs 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as in the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching."

We Need the fellowshipping / encouragement of other believers.
Yes Ma'am....It also says Matthew 18:20 20 For wherever two or three are assembled in my name, I am there with them.” That means I can sit in my living room with my wife and anybody else that happens to be here, and be in church. Providing of course that Jesus is the focal point

Loyal
Your goal Should be meeting with other fellow believers, not simply your spouse and whomever. While it Is true that where two or more are gathered together in my name -- there I am in the midst of them. -- that does Not mean to be satisfied with just a few. A person needs to be gathering together with more than just your family members.

Active
Your goal Should be meeting with other fellow believers, not simply your spouse and whomever. While it Is true that where two or more are gathered together in my name -- there I am in the midst of them. -- that does Not mean to be satisfied with just a few. A person needs to be gathering together with more than just your family members.
Sue I have very good reason for not going into an organized church....Let's leave it at that. Father told my wife and I that if we went back to an organized church He would remove us from it.

Active
I would try not to worry what anyone else thinks, and just closer to God and His Word. Follow after Him.

My last church I went to was for 8 years. I've always been thought of there as a spiritually mature person, and thought I was too, but I feel like a new believer at my new church. First spirit filled church I've ever been part of. He teaches so much differently then in my last churches and am gaining a lot of revelation to grow. You can never grow enough in the Word of God. I love that. It has so many layers.

Active
Of course....I think I answered that in #12
SO basically you're a typical "Us 4 and NO MORE" Lone Ranger - Fair game for Spiritual Deception. YOU HAVE NO GOOD REASON for avoiding other Christian groups. And GOD would NEVER instruct you to isolate yourself and your family from the greater Christian community.

Active
SO basically you're a typical "Us 4 and NO MORE" Lone Ranger - Fair game for Spiritual Deception. YOU HAVE NO GOOD REASON for avoiding other Christian groups. And GOD would NEVER instruct you to isolate yourself and your family from the greater Christian community.
So you're passing judgment with no more info than that? Good Christian man that you are. The bible also says that a man who makes a judgment without all the facts is a fool Are you a fool? And who said we're isolated?

Active
So you're passing judgment with no more info than that? Good Christian man that you are. The bible also says that a man who makes a judgment without all the facts is a fool Are you a fool? And who said we're isolated?
You did. You don't bother with organized churches, and isolate yourself with your immediate family, and apparently have some phony "Prophetic Words" that you're taking seriously.