• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why do so many Christians support abortion, gay lifestyles, etc.,?

Loyal
The ESV is no good? Which Bible do you recommend?
Are you saying that Satan is not the leader of this world? What are you saying, please?
I enjoy the ESV and find it reliable and literal
Every translation has its faults and those who favour one over the other will always nitpick the other versions.

1John 5:19 We know that we are of *God, and the whole world lieth in the evil one. [NENT]
and if you compare the verse with other versions - the wording is different depending on what source material is being translated but in the end the message is the same.

Rad

There is a spiritual war going between darkness and light. Unfortunately wars, and treatment of certain nations has to be done to slow done or even totally stop the darkness from prevailing. Think of it as putting a huge boulder in someones path to slow there journey down, not necessarily stop them. Government aid for example rarely goes to those in need, rather it goes to the elite of those nations. Hospitals, schools? No. Parks, military weapons, Rolls Royces, Rolex watches for the administration? Yes. And where does the food go? Usually to those who support the regime.

I assume from your reply that you consider your government, or your Nation, as being on the side of Light, well in Luke 4, the Temptation of Christ, vs 5-8 it says "
Luke 4:5-8 New International Version
5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”
8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”

and i dont see that anything much has changed, ALL nations, their authority and splendour, are in the hands of the Devil, for they are driven by self interest and greed, a lust for power and dominion,
And Christs commandments on how we should treat our enemies, is clearly spelt out in Matthew 5 vs 38-48
Matthew 5:38-48 King James Version
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the u
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

All the Nations of this World are inherently Evil by nature, the US for example was founded on Genocide and theft and to maintain its supremecy in the World has committed and abetted horrendous crimes all over the world, from Indonesia in the 60's, Vietnam and Cambodia in the 70's, Iraq in the 80's going right through to the present, Somalia in the late 70's, Zaire from the 60's ,Central America and South America throughout the 70's. 80's and 90's, right up to the present day where direct intervention and support of Rebels and factions in Syria and Libya has led to the break up of both countries and suffering and death on an enormous scale.
And support for the brutal Saudi Government and its bombing of Yemen has led to the worst humanitarian catastrophe in the world at the moment with tens of thousands dead and millions facing famine.
Multi national Corporations, Banks and financial Institutions and their backers in Rich country governments scour the world in search of profits, caring little for the cost in either human lives and suffering or destruction of the environment, all to maintain a corrupt and unjust economic system that puts the mass of the worlds resources into the hands of the privileged few leaving nearly 1 billion men, women and children struggling to survive on less than $2 a day, hundreds of millions without access to clean water and health services and around a billion people lacking any form of decent housing.
So we are not slowing down the Darkness, we are not putting a boulder in its path, for the darkness is all around us, there is no us and them, and we are commanded to Love our enemies, not Bomb them back into the stone age.
As for Overseas Aid being corrupted , of course it is, for that is human nature, and the responsibility for that corruption is as much the fault of the donor as it is of the recipient, often more so, corruption is everywhere, what we have to do is to try our best to make sure that corruption is limited as much as possible and that Aid gets through to where its needed most, And it is needed, around 7 million children die every year from Hunger and disease, tens of millions more live on the edge of survival, as Christians we are commanded to love our neighbour as ourselves and to treat others as we would want to be treated, and if we and our families were starving, im sure we would welcome any help that was given, regardless of the corruption, if only 30c in the $ got through, or however much gets through to those in need, thats better than nothing. Or are you advocating that we should let these people starve and continue to live in abject poverty because of the corruption of their rulers?.

Rad

And I'm going to take the police powers of the Government and whack you over the head with them and MAKE you conform to the Love, Compassion and Justice that I think are God's way - taking your money by distraint to show mercy and to help the people I think deserve it.

(Something like that ?)

Rhema

- Guess I'm a bit edgy tonight.

But thats what we do when we live in a democracy, we make a choice of what we believe is the Political Party that best represents out views and we vote for them. On that basis, a Government is formed and puts that agenda into practice. Its a flawed system in so many ways, but as far as i can see, at the moment its the best weve got. And i believe it would be a abdication of my responsibilities as a Christian not to try to bring about Gods Love, Justice and Compassion on this Earth in whatever way i can, be it through my own personal giving, my Campaigning, sharing what i believe with others or by trying to shape society in as Christian like way as i can.
And the Love, Compassion, and Justice that i think are Gods way is stated in the Bible as Loving your neighbour as yourself and treating others as youd want them to treat you, in particular those in need, as illustrated in Matthew 25 vs 31-46, where Christ so identifies with the poor, the hungry, the homeless and the sick that he says when we help them we help him and when we ignore them we ignore him.
So i have no problem with advocating for increased taxation and aid to those in need, for if its a choice between the pockets of the rich and affluent or showing my love for Christ through the love and Compassion i show to those in need, then i will always choose the latter, For Love is the basis of my faith, of God and my fellow man, and without it, our faith is as in 1Corinthians 13 "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing."

Active
I assume from your reply that you consider your government, or your Nation, as being on the side of Light, well in Luke 4, the Temptation of Christ, vs 5-8 it says "
Luke 4:5-8 New International Version
5 The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7 If you worship me, it will all be yours.”
8 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.”

and i dont see that anything much has changed, ALL nations, their authority and splendour, are in the hands of the Devil, for they are driven by self interest and greed, a lust for power and dominion,
And Christs commandments on how we should treat our enemies, is clearly spelt out in Matthew 5 vs 38-48
Matthew 5:38-48 King James Version
38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the u
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

All the Nations of this World are inherently Evil by nature, the US for example was founded on Genocide and theft and to maintain its supremecy in the World has committed and abetted horrendous crimes all over the world, from Indonesia in the 60's, Vietnam and Cambodia in the 70's, Iraq in the 80's going right through to the present, Somalia in the late 70's, Zaire from the 60's ,Central America and South America throughout the 70's. 80's and 90's, right up to the present day where direct intervention and support of Rebels and factions in Syria and Libya has led to the break up of both countries and suffering and death on an enormous scale.
And support for the brutal Saudi Government and its bombing of Yemen has led to the worst humanitarian catastrophe in the world at the moment with tens of thousands dead and millions facing famine.
Multi national Corporations, Banks and financial Institutions and their backers in Rich country governments scour the world in search of profits, caring little for the cost in either human lives and suffering or destruction of the environment, all to maintain a corrupt and unjust economic system that puts the mass of the worlds resources into the hands of the privileged few leaving nearly 1 billion men, women and children struggling to survive on less than $2 a day, hundreds of millions without access to clean water and health services and around a billion people lacking any form of decent housing.
So we are not slowing down the Darkness, we are not putting a boulder in its path, for the darkness is all around us, there is no us and them, and we are commanded to Love our enemies, not Bomb them back into the stone age.
As for Overseas Aid being corrupted , of course it is, for that is human nature, and the responsibility for that corruption is as much the fault of the donor as it is of the recipient, often more so, corruption is everywhere, what we have to do is to try our best to make sure that corruption is limited as much as possible and that Aid gets through to where its needed most, And it is needed, around 7 million children die every year from Hunger and disease, tens of millions more live on the edge of survival, as Christians we are commanded to love our neighbour as ourselves and to treat others as we would want to be treated, and if we and our families were starving, im sure we would welcome any help that was given, regardless of the corruption, if only 30c in the $ got through, or however much gets through to those in need, thats better than nothing. Or are you advocating that we should let these people starve and continue to live in abject poverty because of the corruption of their rulers?.
God takes advantage of certain situations and nations strength to use it for his purpose. Read the bible, he has done so time and time again, and to this day still does so, even with individuals. He doesnt interfere in free will and free choice? Sometimes he does.

God takes advantage of certain situations and nations strength to use it for his purpose. Read the bible, he has done so time and time again, and to this day still does so, even with individuals. He doesnt interfere in free will and free choice? Sometimes he does.
I’m not sure that he interferes with free will myself
Assyria, Babylon,Rome , nations of the canannites
All these god used BUT it was the consequence of Israel’s disobedience to his covenant and even then he warned them many times through prophets before punishment
He also changed his mind if they repent
Book of Jonah when god sent him to Nineva to warn them to repent
And they actually did
What I find funny about the story is that Noah actually got mad at God for showing them mercy :joy:
Jonah 4:2
And he prayed unto Jehovah, and said, I pray thee, O Jehovah, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I hasted to flee unto Tarshish; for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, and repentest thee of the evil.
Therefore now, O Jehovah, take, I beseech thee, my life from me; for it is better for me to die than to live.
He was “ see god? See? I just knew you would save these people I knew you would be merciful just kill me”
Noah goes up on a hill and watched in the sun and the lord sprouted a plant to shade him
I find it funny the lord commanded a little worm ( gods sense of humor )
Jonah 4:6
So Jonah was exceeding glad because of the gourd. But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd, that it withered :joy:

Love Jonah :love:
But I see no example of the lord “ forcing his will on man” but rather mans disobedience created punishment to come on them
Poor Jonah :joy:
SHALOM

Loyal
Jonah, his preaching saved a huge city, now thats a preacher, too bad he hated them, a heart without love and compassion is a heart that pleases not God, there are some preachers like this, can put the fear of God into you, but lacking in important things spoken of.

Jonah, his preaching saved a huge city, now thats a preacher, too bad he hated them, a heart without love and compassion is a heart that pleases not God, there are some preachers like this, can put the fear of God into you, but lacking in important things spoken of.
The book of Jonah is amazing the true miracle is the resurrection
JONAH WASNT ALIVE IN THE FISH
Jonah 2
1Then Jonah prayed unto Jehovah his God out of the fish’s belly. 2And he said, I called by reason of mine affliction unto Jehovah, And he answered me; Out of the belly of SHEOL ( the land of the dead)cried I, [And] thou heardest my voice. For thou didst cast me into the depth, in the heart of the seas, And the flood was round about me; All thy waves and thy billows passed over me. And I said, I am cast out from before thine eyes; Yet I will look again toward thy holy temple. The waters compassed me about, even to the soul; The deep was round about me; The weeds were wrapped about my head. Iwent down to the bottoms of the mountains; The earth with its bars [closed] upon me for ever: Yet hast thou brought up my life from the pit,
So Jonah was tossed overboard sunk to the bottom of the sea and god sent a fish to scoop him up off the floor)(not what we are taught in Sunday school) :joy:
JESUS confirmed this
Matthew 12:40
For just as Jonah was in the belly of the sea monster for three days and three nights, the Son of Man will also be in the heart of the earth for three days
Meaning jesus also would go to SHEOL ( my thought because he said “ heart of the earth” and SHEOL is below the earth - again my own thoughts on this ) for 3 days but he didn’t need to stay for judgment because he was without sin
He hadn’t gone to the father when he died immediately because when Mary saw him at the tomb

John 20:17
Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father
What a great book the real miracle was a resurrection, some people miss this when reading Jonah :love:

SHALOM :love:

Staff Member
@Rhema

Right now, I use esword dot net, with the Greek modules loaded

Greetings,

? have you gone to

if not, very handy place to either share or down load lots of extras for e-Sword.

Thought you might like to know, if you don't already.

Grace and Peace

Bless you ....><>

Active
and i dont see that anything much has changed, ALL nations, their authority and splendour, are in the hands of the Devil,
Luke chapter 4 describes a situation that existed before the Resurrection.
Mathew chapter 28 describes a situation that now exists, after the Resurrection.

Rhema

So you think that Christ has failed?

Active
And i believe it would be a abdication of my responsibilities as a Christian not to try to bring about Gods Love, Justice and Compassion on this Earth in whatever way i can,
Indeed. The Catholics believed the same way. We call it the Inquisition.

Rhema

So i have no problem with advocating for increased taxation and aid to those in need,
Go steal somebody else's money. No wonder you live under the cloud of the condemnation of Christ.

For Love is the basis of my faith,
Not if you're stealing money through taxation.

Active
The book of Jonah is amazing the true miracle is the resurrection
JONAH WASNT ALIVE IN THE FISH
The Septuagint begs to differ. You know the LXX, the scriptures used by the disciples ??

κοιλίας τοῦ κήτους (cavity or hollow of the fish)

κοιλία - LINK to Liddell Scott for κοιλίας - cavity of the body, i.e. thorax with abdomen

Sheol also just means hole or cavity, although excavated in the ground.

Rhema

What a great book the real miracle was a resurrection, some people miss this when reading Jonah
Yeah... cause it's not there.

Active
very handy place to either share or down load lots of extras for e-Sword.
I'm surprised they have version 12 listed. I'm running version 13.

But I do thank you for the link. I was able to add in the Mounce dictionary.

Last edited:

Rad

Luke chapter 4 describes a situation that existed before the Resurrection.
Mathew chapter 28 describes a situation that now exists, after the Resurrection.

Rhema

So you think that Christ has failed?
So you dont believe the Kingdoms of this World are still in the Devils Gift, to bestow on whom he chooses, interesting, and i take it that youre referring to Matthew 28 vs 18 where Christ said, "all power is given unto me in heaven and in Earth", im not disputing that, and when Christ returns he will exercise that power, and all will be under his Dominion, but i see nothing to refute Luke 4 vs 5-7, and looking around this world at the Wars, the famines, the pestilence, the greed, the lust and Hate, the destruction and the suffering, i see the Devils hand in it all, but perhaps you see it differently.

Do i think Christ has failed at what?, ...... my answer would have to be No because Christs will be the ultimate victory, but i would be interested to know just what youre referring to.

Rad

Indeed. The Catholics believed the same way. We call it the Inquisition.

Rhema

Go steal somebody else's money. No wonder you live under the cloud of the condemnation of Christ.

Not if you're stealing money through taxation.

Wow, i go from talking about my commitment to showing Christs, Love .Compassion and Justice to those in need, the Hungry, the homeless, the poor and the sick, to being compared to the Inquisition, Id be interested to know how you came to that conclusion, seems a little extreme to me.

So you see Taxation to help the poor and suffering as stealing, an interesting position to take, of course in the legal sense it cant be stealing as its authorised by statute, so i assume youre talking of the morality of Taxation, just out of interest, do you view all Taxation as theft, so you wouldnt have a police force or armed forces, theys be no provision for state health services, no infrastructure, in effect you get what you pay for and if you cant afford to pay you dont get it, do you see this as the basis for trying to build Christs Kingdom on Earth, to shape a just and caring society?.

But if i accept your point about the immorality of Taxation, of it being stealing, there is a school of thought within Christianity that says nothing is ours, that all we have is in fact Gods, loaned to us while we're on this Earth, to do good with, so in fact if you believe that then you cant be accused of stealing something from someone that isnt theirs in the first place , giving to Christ in the face of the Hungry, the sick the homeless, be it through personal giving, or through Taxation, is in fact only giving back to him when he needs it , what is already his, i hope you can follow that, yes its a bit confusing.

And even if you dont regard your money and possessions as Gods, but your own, the question that needs to be asked is are they actually yours and how did you obtain them. I know most people on these boards come from the US so ill use that as an example, but the same can be said for any rich nation thats built its wealth on the theft, exploitation, suffering and death of others. The US was founded on theft, theft not of a few $ in taxation, not of a few thousand or even Millions of $ in Taxation, the US was founded on the theft of a whole country. And that theft was accompanied by a destruction and slaughter of the original inhabitants that can probably be classified as Genocide. So thats the basis of "your" wealth, Theft on an unimaginable scale and the destruction of entire cultures and the deaths of millions. So morally, is this money yours, and if it isnt , how then can it be stolen from you. For it seems to me that nothing is yours, for its founded on the proceeds of Theft and Genocide.

But putting that to one side, the next uncomfortable truth we face is that of Slavery. Millions of Africans were shipped from Africa to the Americas where they were, enslaved, beaten, tortured , raped and murdered to make vast profits for Plantation owners, and that wealth flowed into the coffers of ordinary citizens in the US, and the Banks and the Government built their economy on it, their lives were stolen in their millions to finance the growth of the US, it is indeed Blood Money.

But coming a little more up to date, ill give 3 examples of just how the US has built, and maintains its position of Economic and political dominance over the World. And how that dominance is used to ensure that the resources of this world, which if shared equally would give everyone a decent standard of living, are sucked into the rich countries leaving hundreds of Millions of men, woman and children to struggle for their daily survival.

The first is Indonesia, where in 1965, with US and western backing , General Suharto came to power in a bloodbath costing over a million lives. US and Rich country Corporations moved into what Nixon described as "the greatest prize in Asia" and proceeded to carve up the economy and resources of Indonesia,. Vast profits were made , all of which ended up back in the rich world while the mass of Indonesians lived in abject poverty. Even when in 1975 Suharto invaded East Timor and over the next 24 years killed nearly 200,000 people, a quarter of the population, the support of the west didnt falter and we continued to sell him the latest weaponry. And the World Bank and IMF , as it did all over the World, supported the Suharto regime with billions of $, its estimated that of the $30 billion lent by the world bank, around $10 billion was lost by corruption. Yes, theft indeed, and a theft and genocide that the west enriched themselves with.

The second is Iraq, after the democratically elected leader of Iraq was deposed in a CIA coup in the 1950's a series of pro western leaders came to power , eventually leading to Saddam Hussains rise in 1979. We knew all along this man was a brutal despot, but that didnt matter, whether it was his 10 year war with Iraq, or the oppression, murder and torture of his own citizens, including the gassing of the Kurds in 1988, we sold him all the latest weaponry, including chemical and biological weapons. And we did that for one reason, the availability of reliable and profitable Oil supplies to the west, Iraq has one of the largest Oil reserves in the world and also was used as a bulwark against the newly formed Islamic Fundamentalist Government in neighbouring iran. But after Saddams invasion of Kuwait in 1990, things changed, he was no longer seen as a reliable ally in the region, but the west didnt want him out because of the Islamic fundamentalists in iran, so we imposed an embargo on iraq, to keep him down but not out that cost the lives of over 600,000 iraqi Children, and eventually in 2003 when we deemed the time right we got rid of him, which unleashed civil war and destruction in Iraq costing over 1 million lives.

The third is Guatemala. In the 1950's the Guatemalans elected a leader Arbens, who initiated a land reform to give land to landless peasants, This upset a number of US corporations who were making vast profits from growing fruit, particularly Bananas, in Guatemala, like the United fruit Company from Boston, and with CIA backing he was removed and a more compliant leader put in his place, More compliant that is to US interests and the profits which were flowing back to the US from the exploitation of cheap labour. The people rose against this oppression, and during the 1980's a civil war ensued. The US backed the Brutal Military regime of Rios Mont, who in a campaign to wipe out the "insurgents" went on a genocidal rampage murdering close to 200,000 indigenous Mayan Guatemalans. And the US backed this mass murderer, who President Reagan described as " aman of great personal integrity" ,all in the name of maintaining the US's Economic dominance of the Guatemalan economy and its political influence in what it regards as its "backyard".

So please, when you talk of theft, think of examples such as this which have been repeated the world over to give you what you consider "yours", for on a moral basis, nothing of what we have, over and above our fair share of this worlds resources is ours, because its the product of theft, oppression , suffering , murder and even genocide on a massive scale. 7 million children die every year from hunger and disease because we in the rich world "steal" what is rightfully theirs, nearly a billion people live in abject poverty for the same reason, and you speak of "stealing money through taxation".

Yes i do feel the condemnation of my sins for being a beneficiary of this Holocaust, as i think all of us that likewise benefit from it should do, and it often seems to me that when i hear some Christians seemingly obsessed by Gay Lifestyles and the like, it appears we are indeed "straining at a gnat when having already swallowed a Camel".

Rad

Be that as it may, to regard some nations as inherently on the side of light and others needing "a boulder in their path to slow down the darkness", is i believe a total misunderstanding of Christs teachings, all nations, governments are in the hands of the Devil, there is no light or dark, just individuals within those nations trying to do their best to bring the Light of Christs Love and Compassion into the Darkness.

Active
i take it that youre referring to Matthew 28 vs 18 where Christ said, "all power is given unto me in heaven and in Earth", im not disputing that,
I have DIRECTLY posted that verse time and again. (Glad you got the message. :heart_eyes: )

im not disputing that,
Yes you are.

im not disputing that, and when Christ returns he will exercise that power,
Right there. You're disputing Mat. 28:18 when you change the verb tense into "will" - an expression of future tense.

εδοθη (IS GIVEN) is in the Aorist tense (aorist passive indicative) to indicate that an action has taken place, not "will" take place. Jesus has all power and authority NOW. (Who taught you that He will have all power and authority later?)

looking around this world at the Wars, the famines, the pestilence, the greed, the lust and Hate, the destruction and the suffering, i see the Devils hand in it all, but perhaps you see it differently.
I see the failure of "so-called" believers to actually believe what Jesus said in Mat. 28:18 because they see by sight, and not by faith.

I see the failure of true believers to actually embrace and enact the commands given by Jesus as to how He exercises that power NOW, through the administrative covenant of Regency.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.​
(Matthew 28:19-20 KJV)​

"looking around at this world..." you see the failure of the church. Ask yourself why you don't see the hand of Jesus in it all. (Isn't your god supposed to be sovereign?)

i see nothing to refute Luke 4 vs 5-7,
You should.

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
(John 12:31 KJV)​

NOW means now, Rad. If the prince of this world is NOT cast out, it's because you're not doing it. And yes, I know @Br. Bear would like me to say "we're not doing it" to indicate the church as the duly constituted body of believers, but the church AS the body of believers is made up of individual persons. My words are not meant to condemn, but to explain. Again, if the prince of this world is NOT cast out, it's because you're not doing it. (And I apply that principle to myself each and every day.) Now why you're not doing it is another question entirely, but I'm pretty sure it's because you believe Luke 4 is more true than John 12 or Mat. 28, ignoring the fact that the Resurrection HAS happened, and that Jesus HAS been given all power/authority on Earth.

I've never understood why Christians are waiting around for the second coming and yet NOT doing those things that they were commanded to do so in the FIRST coming.

Do i think Christ has failed at what?, ...... my answer would have to be No because Christs will be the ultimate victory, but i would be interested to know just what youre referring to.
Again, look at your words. Our words express the content and context of our faith, ... so look at the words you've used - Here is your faith ... you have written - "WILL be the ultimate victory" not "IS the ultimate victory." Verb tenses are extremely important to phrase the aktionsart of concepts (the time frame and application of action as expressed in words).

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.​
(1 John 3:8 KJV)​

The Son of God IS destroying the works of the devil through the Regency of His disciples when His disciples actually obey and do what Jesus commanded.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?​
(Luke 6:46 KJV)​

What you see, "looking around at this world" is the failure of the disciples to do the things which HE says. They (these "disciples") either don't know what He said, or they're not doing it. Although there is a third option - there aren't enough disciples, and as such, are being overwhelmed. In truth, though, it's a combination of all three. Most disciples truly don't know what Jesus said, and those who do aren't doing it (for whatever reason), and of those both knowing and doing, there aren't enough of us.

The disciples of Jesus are to be active in this world NOW as Regents of Christ, having been given POWER in all things to undo (λύω - loosen) the works of the devil.

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be my witnesses (μαρτυρες - those who INVOKE / SUMMON) both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.​
(Acts 1:8 KJV+)​

Rad, again, my words are not meant as a condemnation, but in truth, most "Christians" have never seen nor met an actual Regent of Christ. I would truly like to encourage you to go find one. Unfortunately, Lester Sumrall has passed away and as of now, I don't know who has stepped into his shoes (as it were).

Rhema

A regent (from the Latin regens: ruling, governing) is a person appointed to govern a state pro tempore (Latin: 'for the time being') because the regnant monarch is a minor, IS ABSENT, abdicated the throne, is incapacitated or dead, or unable to discharge the powers and duties of the monarchy ...

Active
Wow, i go from talking about my commitment to showing Christs, Love .Compassion and Justice to those in need, the Hungry, the homeless, the poor and the sick, to being compared to the Inquisition, Id be interested to know how you came to that conclusion, seems a little extreme to me.
Is that what happened?
And i believe it would be a abdication of my responsibilities as a Christian not to try to bring about Gods Love, Justice and Compassion on this Earth in whatever way i can, be it through my own personal giving, my Campaigning, sharing what i believe with others or by trying to shape society in as Christian like way as i can.
YOU, my dear Rad, INVOKED the police powers of the Government when writing "in whatever way I can".

The Catholics believe the exact same way... TO SHAPE SOCIETY... using the police powers of the Government. We called that the Inquisition.

Wow, i go from talking about my commitment ...
"MY" ... singular. I have no problem with YOU expressing and enacting YOUR commitment, individually. But when you include the police powers of the Government, it's no longer YOU. You're stealing MY money (you would think "taking" or "using") to bring about YOUR agenda.

BOTH rely upon coercion and fear. Taxation is direct coercion. (If you remove coercion, do you think those taxes would be paid?)

do you see this as the basis for trying to build Christs Kingdom on Earth, to shape a just and caring society?.
See my previous post about how Christ said HE would build his church. Regents don't use earthly police powers of Government. That would mean that Christ's kingdom is of this world (uses the powers of this world).

, so in fact if you believe that then you cant be accused of stealing something from someone that isnt theirs in the first place ,
12059643253_5dca2027a1_o.gif

Said like a true Son of Communism.

The US was founded on theft, ...
I am both shocked and appalled at the ignorance exhibited in that statement.

We're done here.

Rhema

Active
Yes i do feel the condemnation of my sins
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.​
(Romans 8:1 KJV)​

Put your guilt trip on someone else. I don't listen to accusers of the brethren.

Rhema

Active
... Christ's teachings, all nations, governments are in the hands of the Devil,
CHRIST DID NOT TEACH THAT...

Jesus DIRECTLY SAID -

And having come near, Jesus spake to them, saying, 'Given to me was all authority in heaven and on earth;​
(Matthew 28:18 YLT)​

I reject your claim.

Rhema

(and so should @Br. Bear )