• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Staff Member
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Matthew 23:37

...and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: and others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
Hebrews 11:35-40

Why did they kill the Prophets?

Active
O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Matthew 23:37

...and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: and others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: they were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; (of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Because they loved their sin more than they loved God.

Loyal

Two reasons.

1. They wanted the adoration of the people as all knowing in the things of God, and the prophets drew that attention away from them. So for the sake of jealousy.

2. The second akin to the first, the prophets often spoke about situations that directly contradicted what the priests, pharisees, etc said, who considered themselves "God's teachers of the Truth". So again, jealousy.

Loyal
Mat 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Joh 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

Isa 30:9 that these people are stubborn rebels who refuse to pay attention to the LORD's instructions.
Isa 30:10 They tell the seers, "Stop seeing visions!" They tell the prophets, "Don't tell us what is right. Tell us nice things. Tell us lies.

Active
Revelation 11:7 When they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up out of the abyss will make war with them, and overcome them and kill them.

Loyal

Why indeed?

"Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts; she hath mingled her wine; she hath also furnished her table." Prov 9:1-2

Those who have not already killed all of their beasts remain beasts themselves and as beasts without compassion or care will kill those who oppose their ways... which are not God's Way.

"I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts." Ecc 3:18

The killing of the "beasts" of ourselves is only possible because Jesus came so that we might have power by the Holy Ghost to do so. Our beasts are those things within us that lead us to sin repeatedly.

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

Jesus never sinned, but as a man he also was born to Mary in Bethlehem having such beasts. He killed all of his beasts by and with the Word of God and remained sinless. He paid the price paving the Way for us to follow and likewise kill our own beasts.

There is no acceptable middle ground. We will either be killing beasts or they will be killing us. Are we not today to be the prophets, the speakers of the Word of God? In this country [the United States for me] they may not be routinely killing us physically for our beliefs and for our Word, but they will shut us down killing us spiritually if they can. There is certainly a time to be silent, but it is certainly not now in this regard.

Jesus would not remain silent for God's message for man filled His very being and overflowed.

"And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out." Luke 19:40