• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Why Did She Die?

Active
John 17:24 "Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world."

This is not only an explanation of why some wonderful Christians die young or other wise, it is also a tribute to one of the most godly women who have gone on to be with the Lord Jesus. That woman was my beloved Wife Jennie who died of cancer at the age of 50 in 1993.

Jennie and I served the Lord Jesus side by side for 17 years. She was the perfect Pastor's Wife. The Scripture above is one that for me, explains why dedicated Christians die in the Lord. Lets look at what Jesus says in His High Priestly Prayer, as we sometimes call it.... I desire that they (Jennie) also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am.

Now, that is a prayer that Jesus the Son of God has asked of His Father. In 1990, Jennie was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer with only two years to live. At that time, I had been the Pastor of three Baptist Churches and let me tell you that there were literally thousands of folk who were praying for her to be healed.

The thought of me going on without her was not an option. It seemed that I searched the Scriptures for any verse that seemed to promise physical healing. At that time, we were attending a Holiness Pentecostal Church and the Pastor was a noted Evangelist who was successful praying for the sick and they recovered. I began my Pentecostal training because Baptist theology is not that great for healing.

When Jennie died and went on to be with Jesus, the verse in John 17 was my only source of peace. I admired and loved this woman named Jennie who fit the role of a virtuous woman. Most of all, Jesus loved her more than I did and as a result, He rewarded her by taking her to Heaven and the New Jerusalem where she waits for me even today.

The point that I want to make is this....When I prayed for Jennie's healing, I was unaware that Jesus had already prayed to His Father that Jennie would leave this earth and come to be where Jesus was. Now, there are two prayers before the Father. One is Jesus' and also thousands are folk who loved Jennie and wanted her to stay and be healed.

Which prayer is the Father going to answer? I believe that there are times when the Father says to His Son, "sorry Jesus, we'll heal this one for now. Other times, He says to Jesus, Ok Son, lets bring her Home.

I hope this blesses your heart and helps to understand a little about the death of a loved one who loved the Lord and His Father.

Active

RJ

I am blessed to have had my wife with me for 47 years so far, I can only imagine what it would be like If she goes before me. I know how you must still long for your Jennie. I believe this, that the Bible is clear about us recognizing our loved ones in heaven. It is us, on earth, that mourn them; we know that they are completely at peace. In fact, there are some Bible verses that help me and I strongly feel that spiritually, you are with her now!
God Bless

Active
I am blessed to have had my wife with me for 47 years so far, I can only imagine what it would be like If she goes before me. I know how you must still long for your Jennie. I believe this, that the Bible is clear about us recognizing our loved ones in heaven. It is us, on earth, that mourn them; we know that they are completely at peace. In fact, there are some Bible verses that help me and I strongly feel that spiritually, you are with her now!
God Bless

Thank you my very good friend. I can tell you that heaven has been drawn a lot closer to me knowing that my Jennie is there waiting for the husband that she helped thru Bible College and stood beside me even though she knew I could be wrong. I can't wait to see her again. There have been several instances like food poisoning that sent me to the hospital for 11 days, I thought it was the big one. Rat's! I'm still here. :mad:

Staff Member
There have been several instances like food poisoning that sent me to the hospital for 11 days, I thought it was the big one. Rat's! I'm still here. :mad:

As much as I know that you'd rather be with the Lord & Jennie as well. You're still needed here brother! As you know if your work were done, God would have called you home. For those who care, love you and continue to be uplifted by your words. I'm sure if your son & grandson, and all who hold you dear were to hear your words written here, they would echo my words "not for awhile yet Lord, not for awhile", "right now we need him more then you do".

Love you brother.
<><

Active
As much as I know that you'd rather be with the Lord & Jennie as well. You're still needed here brother! As you know if your work were done, God would have called you home. For those who care, love you and continue to be uplifted by your words. I'm sure if your son & grandson, and all who hold you dear were to hear your words written here, they would echo my words "not for awhile yet Lord, not for awhile", "right now we need him more then you do".

Love you brother.
<><

Thank you very much for those kind words, they mean a lot. Over the past 10 years, I've had about 4 near death experiences. Each time, I came back to health. Lol, if you want to call what I have now as health. My wife now, sometimes is frustrated at the time I spend counseling folk on the internet and teaching God's Word. My response is, this is the ministry that our Lord has for me. Old Country Preachers never stop, they just slow down a little.

Loyal
Retirement is not part of the game plan for those God has called to his ministry. My pastor started preaching in 1936 at the age of 11 years. When he was 23 he married his only wife and they became One in the things of God and man. They spent 66 years together. She died Sept 1, 2012 of pancreatic cancer. He went through a lulls, but he never stopped in his ministry. He needed help not with God things but with the man things (secular necessities) which she had handled for him. Now at 90 years of age, he still preaches and teaches at home and wherever else the Lord directs him. he just returned on Sunday from 200 mile trip here within the state of Oklahoma to visit another assembly. Later this month he'll be heading way down south through Texas and across the border to preach and teach the Word of God in Mexico.

You direction comes from God, brother. Don't stop until He has finished with you here. Give God the glory.

Active
Retirement is not part of the game plan for those God has called to his ministry. My pastor started preaching in 1936 at the age of 11 years. When he was 23 he married his only wife and they became One in the things of God and man. They spent 66 years together. She died Sept 1, 2012 of pancreatic cancer. He went through a lulls, but he never stopped in his ministry. He needed help not with God things but with the man things (secular necessities) which she had handled for him. Now at 90 years of age, he still preaches and teaches at home and wherever else the Lord directs him. he just returned on Sunday from 200 mile trip here within the state of Oklahoma to visit another assembly. Later this month he'll be heading way down south through Texas and across the border to preach and teach the Word of God in Mexico.

You direction comes from God, brother. Don't stop until He has finished with you here. Give God the glory.

Thank you for those encouraging words precious Brother amadeus2. As long as our Lord gives me strength to speak and type, I'll try my best to honor and bring glory to our Lord.

Active

RJ

Thank you my very good friend. I can tell you that heaven has been drawn a lot closer to me knowing that my Jennie is there waiting for the husband that she helped thru Bible College and stood beside me even though she knew I could be wrong. I can't wait to see her again. There have been several instances like food poisoning that sent me to the hospital for 11 days, I thought it was the big one. Rat's! I'm still here. :mad:
John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit
Ephesians 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
Romans 8:38-39 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

Active
John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you. And I appointed you to go and bear fruit
Ephesians 1:4 Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
Romans 8:38-39 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God's love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow--not even the powers of hell can separate us from God's love.

Thank you my friend. I love those Scriptures.

Administrator
Staff Member
Hi brother,

Sorry to hear about your loss! I can only imagine how difficult and heartbreaking this must have been, but as you've said He gives us peace. That passage is a beautiful reminder of our ultimate destination, in heaven for eternity with Jesus.

Job 14:5
You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.

Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number each of our days so that we may grow in wisdom.

Psalm 39:4-5
LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered–how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.

Active
Hi brother,

Sorry to hear about your loss! I can only imagine how difficult and heartbreaking this must have been, but as you've said He gives us peace. That passage is a beautiful reminder of our ultimate destination, in heaven for eternity with Jesus.

Job 14:5
You have decided the length of our lives. You know how many months we will live, and we are not given a minute longer.

Psalm 90:12
Teach us to number each of our days so that we may grow in wisdom.

Psalm 39:4-5
LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered–how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath.

Thank you for taking the time to encourage me with those Scriptures. Thank you also for the kind words, I appreciate you and all your work to keep "Talk Jesus" a real blessing to your members.