• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why can't I see?

I have been Saved twice now but I have run into a problem. Even after I was saved I continue with my regular life and it seems that that life seems to be...unclean. I continue to watch the news and other tv programs, watch movies, and play video games that apparently are not fully right. The scary thing is I don't feel God pulling me away. I don't feel anything of doubt. And I don't know what to do. I feel really stupid about posting all these threads in counciling but I really feel like ya'll can help me. Please help. An sorry about using the word "feel" alot.

Active
have been Saved twice

You can only be saved once, the blood dont wash away.
Their are deceiving spirits and people that would tell you the first time you were never saved.

What Christians forget is that its a journey , you can not do alone.
We must submit our lives to the father, we must apply the word to our lives.

Romans 10:9
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved

Amen

You need to know the life you now have in Christ.

Romans 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 8:10-12
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

What is our obligation, now that we know, the life we have in Christ.

Romans 8:12-15
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors—not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Romans 13:13-14
13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy. 14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts.

Finally
2 Corinthians 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

No one is perfect, and God knows this. Thats why with full submission to the father, the HOLY Spirit will help us in our strife to be Holy. Take everything to God in prayer. He knows our needs and struggles.
In that time of weakness he can make you strong.

2 Corinthians 12:9
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Its time for transformation, the blood already gave you victory.
God bless.

Spend some time reading the book of Romans.

Last edited:
Born Again!

Hello Idelle,
As rizen1 has pointed out, you or anyone else for that matter, is saved once and for all the first time you come to Jesus with a penitent heart and seek his forgiveness. Then starts the journey in the new life and it has been likened to "a NEW BIRTH". Just as a baby is born out of the confines of it's mother's womb so are we born out of the perishing world of sin into the blessed kingdom of God. A new born baby has the full potential to grow into a strapping youth with a healthy body and mind, but it takes time to grow into that. Similarly it takes time for our spiritual growth, things don't happen overnight or in an instant. You start and sustain your growth by filling yourself up with God's Word - 1 Peter 2:1,2 - " Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby".
As you mature, God leads you to the service He has in mind for you - Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them" and teaches you accordingly - Psalm 25:8,12 - "Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the way;Who is the man that fears the LORD? Him shall He teach in the way He chooses".
How you grow in the Lord depends upon how much time you spend with Him and His Word. It is about the choices you make in the use of your time. God is not a tyrant to forcibly make you do anything. He will give you the pros and cons of the matter - the blessings and the poor consequences - it is for you to make the right choice and take the blessing or make the wrong choice and suffer the consequences.
aksd

I continue to watch the news and other tv programs, watch movies, and play video games that apparently are not fully right. The scary thing is I don't feel God pulling me away. I don't feel anything of doubt.

[F]Hello Idelle,

The closer you get to God, the less living in the flesh you will do. You are saved. You do have the strength to overcome your weaknesses. You do have conviction, if you didn't, you wouldn't be asking us about these things.

The easiest way to stop doing something wrong it just to stop doing it! Alot of times people say things like "I want to stop cursing" or "I want to stop watching dirty movies" OK! Well just stop doing it! Stop putting yourself around that sort of temptation.

There was a time in my life where everytime I went onto AIM my ex-boyfriend would be on and he would IM me. We didn't end up on bad terms or anything, but I'm married now. So he would IM me saying things like "I miss you" and "we should get together for lunch". Although I am madly in love with my husband and have no interest in my ex, what's the point of opening the door for that type of temptation in my life? So I learned not to go onto AIM anymore because the lion was waiting there for me so he can devour me and destroy my blessings.

So if you're struggling with temptation with the video games and movies, just don't play them or watch them! Find something else to take that time up that edifies God!

If you humble yourself in private, God will exalt you in public!
[/FONT]

Ann

Hi Idelle

I want to confirm the posts of rizen1, aksd and trulyblezzed and I want to add.

What you choose today will determine where you are tomorrow.

Job 34:4 Let us choose what is right; let us know among ourselves what is good.

You have a responsibility towards your own spiritual growth, nobody is going to spoon feed you. Read God's Word, read Christian books for better insight in difficult subjects, go to church, have communion with other Christians or listen to Christian music - be committed. Most of all spent time with God in prayer, therein lies your strength.

You can still have fun but your life must be balanced in all areas.

Life is all about choices and if you don't know what to do ask God to lead you on the right path.

"Deu 30:19 I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live,"

Blessings!

Thanks everyone for the help. I really appriciate it. I guess I can drop a few things. I mean I like several things that don't have bad messages. For example, I play Animal Crossing all the time on my Nintendo DS and that is a very cute game that has no violence. I also watch the Batman and other superhero movies which are not all that bad...i think. The only problem I have run into is games like Final Fantasy or Lord of the Rings online where there is usually a spell caster but they have no significance to the storyline...well ok i'll not bother ya'll any longer. Thanks again.

Ann

well ok i'll not bother ya'll any longer

Hi Idelle it is no bother and you can bother as anytime you need something, that is I'm speaking for everyone on this site. We are a Christian family and part of one body, how can the one part be a bother to the other.
Never, we need each other to grow, for support or just to chat, never hesitate because you feel you are bothering us, please.

Lots of love and I pray that you will prosper and grow into the person God created you to be.

Blessings!

Bother?

Hello Idelle,
We are all here to be bothered about each other and that is because our saviour was bothered about us and has left us this ministry of being bothered. So don't worry about bothering or being bothered.
About your choices of what to drop and what to retain, remmember, even the most innocous things can lead us astray - if not into evil and satanic things, simply into wasting time that could be more fruitfully spent otherwise. So make your choices wisely.
God bless and guide you.
aksd

I have been Saved twice now but I have run into a problem. Even after I was saved I continue with my regular life and it seems that that life seems to be...unclean. I continue to watch the news and other tv programs, watch movies, and play video games that apparently are not fully right. The scary thing is I don't feel God pulling me away. I don't feel anything of doubt. And I don't know what to do. I feel really stupid about posting all these threads in counciling but I really feel like ya'll can help me. Please help. An sorry about using the word "feel" alot.

Can I ask you something important? Are the "seems" and "apparently" in your post based on the Word of God> and your personal walk with Him, or the product of someone else`s "conviction"?

Last edited:
[F]The closer you get to God, the less living in the flesh you will do. :[/FONT]

While I understand the premise for this statement, and even agree with it, I dont agree with it, in the context of answering the question in the OP. It translates into 'The closer we get to God, the less time we will spend doing the things we enjoy.' Do you see the problem with that statement in this context?

Can I ask you something important? Are the "seems" and "apparently" in your post based on the Word of God> and your personal walk with Him, or the product of someone else`s "conviction"?

Sorry I haven't posted in a while but to answer your question Coconut I feel like I'm alone. A lot of people here have seen a light about these games and movies that I don't see. I don't know if God is taking a while to get to me but I've prayed to Him several times and asked if what I'm doing is wrong and I has haven't gotten an answer. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't like being out of place here. I don't like it when I state that I see nothing wrong with something whether it be about a movie or game and told that i'm in the wrong for liking such "garbage." It hurts me. I hope that answers your question.

Last edited:
As far as salvation is concerned, it is not about what we do so much as what Christ did for us. when we ask Jesus to be our Savior we accept by faith that Christ, died,was buried and rose on the third day victorious over death and the grave. Once we are saved Jesus wants us to learn to walk by faith depending on the Holy Spirit to guide us and direct us. All this goes totally against our flesh and the way that we have been conditioned to believe.

Ann

Idelle
Sorry I haven't posted in a while but to answer your question Coconut I feel like I'm alone. A lot of people here have seen a light about these games and movies that I don't see. I don't know if God is taking a while to get to me but I've prayed to Him several times and asked if what I'm doing is wrong and I has haven't gotten an answer. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I don't like being out of place here. I don't like it when I state that I see nothing wrong with something whether it be about a movie or game and told that i'm in the wrong for liking such "garbage." It hurts me. I hope that answers your question.

Idelle I'm very sorry that you feel alone and judged. It was definitely not my or anyone else's intention to make you feel like an outcast.

What we said was to give you guidance on the journey that you are walking with God. We are all on the same journey, just on different places of the path, we are all learning as we go along. No one is perfect and no one has all the answers.

Your circumstances is unique and the advice you get will sometimes help and sometimes not. We all give something of our own experiences in the hope that it can help you in some way.

At the end of the day you will make your own decisions based on what you think is right. Only God can convince and judge.
Whatever you do just stay close to God - that is the most important thing!

Lots of love!:love::girl_hug:

Blessings!

I must ask are you feeding on the word twice daily? if you are are you trying to see it in the world around you today as now. for god is real? seek him and you'll find him. verry alive and well but as is and must needs be you must find him for your self. for no longer will any one teach them for all will know him amen

God speaking to Israel said:

Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find [me], when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

Last edited:

Hi sister Idelle ;)

I think the main mistake people tend to make is that they don't realize that once, way back then, they also had to struggle and grow.

For instance, you'd get a few people who say "I don't like the milk of the Word, I like the meat". Do you know how wrong that statement is?

Very wrong, it's about the milk, Paul said we shouldn't keep drinking milk, that's right and God bless him for saying it, but when you start out, the sweet milk is what you need.

I'm reading this book at the moment and I'd like to recommend it to you. It's got a really cool index with topics all new Christians ask themselves as they grow, but the main thing is, it's "milk", it's chocolate flavoured or vanilla or even strawberry, whatever your preference may be, since we all have different taste.

Amazon.com: An Exciting New Life: Books: Andrew Murray

Buy it for yourself or ask at your local Christian bookstore if they have it. It's a really really old book, not written in this decade, but the value and wisdom in it and the fact that it helps you see what we have in Jesus is what makes it great.

God bless you
Much love
Faithful Son