• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Why Am I Here?

Active
I joined this group so I would have someone to discuss Word in the short time I have left....Now I'm really wondering why I'm wasting my time here....So few want to believe the Word and it seems everybody wants to just argue and fight. It seems most are here to prove how smart and how spiritual they are, but not to learn the Word, not to share good news... No love but a lot of pride.....How does this group differ from any other group? Now I'm doing it too...arguing.... I should leave?

Loyal
2Tim 3:16; All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

2Tim 2:23; But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
2Tim 2:24; The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
2Tim 2:25; with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
2Tim 2:26; and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

Active
2Tim 3:16; All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

2Tim 2:23; But refuse foolish and ignorant speculations, knowing that they produce quarrels.
2Tim 2:24; The Lord's bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, able to teach, patient when wronged,
2Tim 2:25; with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth,
2Tim 2:26; and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.
All of these scriptures are wonderful...Good teaching, good guidance and seldom followed here....B-A-C this is a good answer but still....why am I even here? I don't like arguments, I can't handle them anymore, they just confuse and distress me...I have only a short time left and don't want to spend it in strife... I thought there were more Christians here. Arguing and contention are like a disease, a contagious disease...and I have enough to deal with without getting infected with that one.

Loyal
All of these scriptures are wonderful...Good teaching, good guidance and seldom followed here....B-A-C this is a good answer but still....why am I even here? I don't like arguments, I can't handle them anymore, they just confuse and distress me...I have only a short time left and don't want to spend it in strife... I thought there were more Christians here. Arguing and contention are like a disease, a contagious disease...and I have enough to deal with without getting infected with that one.

Admittedly there are problems here. I've heard people say they're looking for the perfect church, with no problems... I've thought to myself, if they join that church, it won't be perfect anymore.
The people here on TalkJesus aren't perfect. Certainly not me. We have disagreements from time to time and that's OK.
It doesn't mean I love them less. It doesn't mean they aren't worth my time. We do the best we can, that's all we can do.
It's true, some people seem to only want to debate and argue, for the sake of debate. But should we stop discussing the Bible altogether because some want to argue?

Arguing can be disease.. true, I agree. But dismissing everyone who disagrees with me can also be a disease. Ignoring people because I don't like them or they are rude...
what if Jesus did this? I love everyone here except B-A-C and Admon. They argue too much, they disagree too much, they aren't worth my time.

Active
Admittedly there are problems here. I've heard people say they're looking for the perfect church, with no problems... I've thought to myself, if they join that church, it won't be perfect anymore.
The people here on TalkJesus aren't perfect. Certainly not me. We have disagreements from time to time and that's OK.
It doesn't mean I love them less. It doesn't mean they aren't worth my time. We do the best we can, that's all we can do.
It's true, some people seem to only want to debate and argue, for the sake of debate. But should we stop discussing the Bible altogether because some want to argue?

Arguing can be disease.. true, I agree. But dismissing everyone who disagrees with me can also be a disease. Ignoring people because I don't like them or they are rude...
what if Jesus did this? I love everyone here except B-A-C and Admon. They argue too much, they disagree too much, they aren't worth my time.

Proverbs 26:21

As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
We know what strife does...I see the results in my with this LBD that I'm dealing with...Confusion comes in real fast. I don't need that, my friend. Mind you. I'm not condemning anybody. I'm saying I cannot deal with that.

Active
The Holy Spirit ALWAYS directs you to the truth when reading scripture if you ask him. Bickering and misunderstanding is manmande and is certainly not from The Holy Spirit.

Loyal
Proverbs 26:21

As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife.
We know what strife does...I see the results in my with this LBD that I'm dealing with...Confusion comes in real fast. I don't need that, my friend. Mind you. I'm not condemning anybody. I'm saying I cannot deal with that.
If the Holy Spirit is leading you away, then by all means do so. But pray about it without bias.

Active
Stating an opinion different then someone else has been going on in the Christian world for over 2000 years now. Jesus got down right angry with religious leaders . The idea of complete agreement with some one for the sake of being in agreement is the liberal utopia and not healthy.

Active
Stating an opinion different then someone else has been going on in the Christian world for over 2000 years now. Jesus got down right angry with religious leaders . The idea of complete agreement with some one for the sake of being in agreement is the liberal utopia and not healthy.
If every Christian would simply accept the Word for what it says, there would be no disagreement...The Word is the authority. There are no if's and's or but's....There are no grey areas. The Word is absolute.

Staff Member
I joined this group so I would have someone to discuss Word in the short time I have left....Now I'm really wondering why I'm wasting my time here....So few want to believe the Word and it seems everybody wants to just argue and fight. It seems most are here to prove how smart and how spiritual they are, but not to learn the Word, not to share good news... No love but a lot of pride.....How does this group differ from any other group? Now I'm doing it too...arguing.... I should leave?

Greetings @Admon Mikha'el

Firstly, I am sorry to hear that you are finding it difficult being here and that you are unsure why you are here. I pray that this situation can be resolved positively

Secondly, just a little housekeeping. If you see anything argumentative or contentious, please use the report button so that the mods are aware and can deal with the situation.

Thirdly, take some time to prayerfully consider what you perceive people are arguing about and what you perceive they don't believe.
They may lack understanding and need a kindly sound response to get them on track???
Or you may lack understanding and need to be prompted towards better understanding ???

Are you responding in a patient compassionate manner that flows with the love of Jesus?

Be blessed and be a blessing

I entreat Euodia and I entreat Syntyche to agree in the Lord. Yes, I ask you also, true companion, help these women, who have laboured side by side with me in the gospel together with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillipians 4: 2-7

Loyal

Thanks for sharing. I've read some of your earlier post and they have blessed me.
Do continue to be part of this community, many others will be blessed by your
presence, this I believe.

This may be a side note. There is a difference between having different perspective
and talking in love to find truth, and simply arguing to prove one's point and being rude
and nasty. I've seen both here.

However I will say that some of the Giants on this site seem to carry the love of Christ and
have constructive dialogue on these issues. Every so often you will have some individuals who
simply want to argue a point. Over time they make their presence known and it becomes clear
that they are just posting to promote their position not to learn. These individuals are quickly
seen by the moderators who overtime do a great job of managing these individuals.

In terms of arguing. Unfortunately I will say that sometimes, because of the fact that we are online,
there is often much that happens with reading into one's tone which may not be intended. Someone
leaves offended when that was not the intent of the writer. This is not to solve the problem but I wonder
if TJ could have some virtual video sessions at times in which such discussion happened virtually and live.
I imagine the feeling of respect would be much higher because sometimes people say things online that
they wouldn't dare say looking at someone in the eyes (even if only virtually). Like I said, that isn't at the root
of your topic but you made me think of that benefits of such sessions.

They could be like Zoom calls, scheduled for certain times. I'm sure the site could add some plugin app
to support it. Perhaps people would pre-register and join the discussion and they would be archived after
the live chats. For example Sunday EST 8pm (Discussion about Once Saved Forever Saved, etc) . Tuesday 11pm EST (Discussion about Baptism). Etc.

What are your thoughts @B-A-C , @Chad , @Christ4Ever , @Fragrant Grace @Dave M on having virtual
discussions as part of the TJ setup?

Loyal
If every Christian would simply accept the Word for what it says, there would be no disagreement...The Word is the authority. There are no if's and's or but's....There are no grey areas. The Word is absolute.

I should also share that there are various levels of maturity in the body of Christ.
Some are babes, others a elders, others are in between.

We most certainly have a mix of all of them here at TJ.

I'm not sure, and I say this in love, that agreement will come quickly in every discussion.
Some believers are struggling with sin in their lives and this will impact their relationship
and how they treat others. We should be patient with them in Grace, while also holding
them accountable so that individuals like you and others are not pushed away.

I think agreement is a novel idea, but my focus is less on agreement but more on love and unity.
I can be united with someone who I disagree with. In the military, everyone does not share the
same views of the commander in chief politically, but if you are in the army, unity is not up for debate. It is a must.

My prayer is for unity. Unity in what? Unity in love. Which means, it is ok if we have some who are
pre-trib, others post, some mid, but if we discuss in love, and share without name-calling
or disrespecting each other, that for me is what we are called to do. Then as a result of sharing
in love, we move towards unity and sometimes agreement.

Active
Do you ware shoes or sandals ? The absolute Word says
Mar_6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
As a Bible believing Christian you do not ever wear a topcoat correct?
Mat_24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Is Jesus speaking of that generation or one to come He does say 'this generation" ?

1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
According to your understanding a women should be silent in church. We ladies must not verbally quite our children or as them if they need to use the restroom. We can not say hello . There is no gray so silent is silent correct?

Luk_14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Do you hate your family and yourself? This is what the Word says correct ? God's Word is the authority.

Personally i believe God wrote His Word so it would be discussed and we can find something 'new to us' . That AHHH feeling when the TRUTH hits us is wonderful .. I absolutely believe His Word is the Authority .

Staff Member
What are your thoughts @B-A-C , @Chad , @Christ4Ever , @Fragrant Grace @Dave M on having virtual

Greetings @Jesus_is_LORD

Zoom would be a great way for çonnecting brothers and sisters who meet here at Talk Jesus.

It would really be down to brother @Chad to make a decision and set things up though.

Blessings and love

Loyal

sounds like a good idea to me,

I see when in person or even on conference calls, people seems to have a little more respect for each-other. On line behind a key board can get a little ugly at times ......@Admon Mikha'el
if we look at it as part of our spiritual growing experience we can actually benefit from other people rudnes, IMO

If we can learn to bridle our tongue when being attacked in a rude manor, now that is a spiritual accomplishment and helps in our growth, because we all know the flesh want us to respond with counter rude attack, it is so easy to be rude to someone who is being rude to us, but it spiritually up lifting not to be rude back and that is hard for me and I fail at times, but working on it.

So AM I hope you stay and continue to grow. I know every time I have considered leaving it was my pride talking to me, so taking brakes from the sight for a week or two or for ever how long really works out good for me, to feel refreshed when I come back. Hope you stick around :)

Active
As a matter of clarification only...This thing I'm dealing with is totally unpredictable. I could do well in the morning and then be completely out of it in the afternoon...Happy one minute and in tears the next...There really is not rhyme nor reason to it. It seems insane but it's not insanity at all. Its all a problem with cognition affecting short term memory. I have hallucinations of four of five senses, though I'm told all five senses can hallucinate...I act out my dreams, which means I have to sleep alone, and not with my wife...I've beaten the stuffing out of her in my sleep. Poor girl. It makes for an interesting lifestyle for us...and it will end in the not too distant future with me dying whle drooling and well never mind...LOL Gross! I would much rather die of VID Vehicle Impact Disorder. My point is.....If I complain about something, please disregard my feelings...By the time you read my complaint, my mood has probably changed.
I'm not writing this for pity...I hate getting pitied. My problem is no worse than the person whose wife, mother, sister or whatever is dying of cancer...No different than the person who lost his job to president Bidet..... I just want you to know that my post is a whatever...

Last edited:
Loyal
It is not the ones that are in this place, fault, it is the ones that have lead them astray. Many do not even know what the word of God is , let along believes in it, If one cannot determine or have been taught, to determine the difference in the "words of God" and the words of a man. It is only by grace that some have come to the truth. But if you have been taught things concerning the "Book" and those things have been tainted, and if you are the type of person, that does not believe, that a "Little leaven, leavens the whole batch of dough". You will hate the person that present you with the unadulterated "Truth of GOD's Word".
And you cannot go on to "Mature in Christ Jesus"! Because you do not have the "Ability" and neither can you have the Understanding, Concerning "The Salvation Story"! Neither can you understand the "Works of "The Holy Spirit", for you only know the words containing the holy spirit mission in human form and understanding, although, You have the Holy spirit in you. But you have not yielded, from the day you received it, neither do you know how to be lead by it, for those who lead you, and you trusted, you yielded yourself to them, instead of "The GOD" who saved you. You followed the crowd you joined yourself too, because you didn't know any better.

They lead you astray from the beginning, for we were babes in Christ, These days, has always been like this even from the beginning, of "The Salvation Story", But the "LORD GOD ALMIGHTY"! Is "SOVEREIGN" and He knows what He is doing with His own creation" And He stands alone all By His self, In His intentions, and It shall come to pass! He is not a man, he thinks not like a man, the way he plans cannot come into the mind of "finite creature"! For the Finite creature cannot even "Imagine" the "Intentions" and how he brings such things to pass.

The Correct term, for the "ancient biblical word" (Faith) is "Trust". That is "Trust ", what GOD has said, what He is going to do!

The world has replace The Biblical word, "Trust". with a word called "faith' which in Actuality means "VAIN HOPE" when if falls from their lips. And many of believers, rides this horse. And can you imagine the kinds of fruit it produces as it falls from their lips. And many of us, has copied, and desired their way of life.

And God has made it clear through out "Holy Scripture". Be not like them, Learn done of their ways, "Come out from among therm" touch not the unclean thing, and I will receive you" "have no fellowship with them" "Bad company contaminates Godly Morals", "Do not desire their delicacies". do not marry their daughters, they will turn your sons against me" "you have nothing in common with them",,, "TRUST ME"! And lean not unto Your Own Understanding.

(Proverbs 3).
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
It will be healing to your body,
And refreshment to your bones.

Lying, slandering, fornication, adultery, remarrying, gossiping, , are EVIL! If you do not believe this today, Judgment day, you will? you have been warn.
You have nothing in common with these people.
"God is Not Mock", Repent for the Kingdom of GOD is at hand. Asking for "forgiveness" and "Repenting" is two different things! We must not get these things confused.

Now, I ponder, how many enemies have i made this evening. Trust God's Word and Leave the paths of "vain Hope". and learn the difference.

Stop, it "Child Of GOD", "quarantine" your self! and so many it seems cannot do without the worldly ways and the fellowship of the Worldly people. The word Separated and come out from among them has become a evil and sickening term, even, for some of them who Claim they Love God, with all of their heart soul and mind and strength.

New International Version
The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.

New Living Translation
And so the Lord says, “These people say they are mine. They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. And their worship of me is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote.

And those are the Words of GOD
Shalom

Loyal
As a matter of clarification only...This thing I'm dealing with is totally unpredictable. I could do well in the morning and then be completely out of it in the afternoon...Happy one minute and in tears the next...There really is not rhyme nor reason to it. It seems insane but it's not insanity at all. Its all a problem with cognition affecting short term memory. I have hallucinations of four of five senses, though I'm told all five senses can hallucinate...I act out my dreams, which means I have to sleep alone, and not with my wife...I've beaten the stuffing out of her in my sleep. Poor girl. It makes for an interesting lifestyle for us...and it will end in the not too distant future with me dying whle drooling and well never mind...LOL Gross! I would much rather die of VID Vehicle Impact Disorder. My point is.....If I complain about something, please disregard my feelings...By the time you read my complaint, my mood has probably changed.
I understand, maybe more than what you might think, I understand some of your pain. Our path is a strange path.