• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Whose will is Jesus referring to?

Please help with this scripture. In Matthew 7:21, Jesus is quoted as saying, "Not everyone saying to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will." Who exactly is the Father who is in the heavens especially when Jesus is clearly on the earth?

Loyal
Jesus is not the father. However Jesus is the same God as the father.
An egg is not a yolk alone, it is not a shell alone, it is not an egg-white alone. All three together are an egg.
You can separate them, and you can call any part of them an egg. But together they are an egg.

Jesus isn't the Father, the Father isn't the Holy Spirit, they are three separate distinct personalities, but together they are God.
Clearly in Matt 7:21 Jesus is talking about the Father. That doesn't make Him any less God.

If Jesus is simply "a" god. How many gods are there in the universe? How many do you worship? Do you worship Jesus? Why or why not?
In Exodus 20:3-4 how many other gods are we told to worship? How about Exodus 34:14; ? Luke 4:8; ?

Our government is made up of 3 branches. Judicial, Executive and Legislative (such as they are). Any one of the three alone is not the government.

Last edited:
Please help with this scripture. In Matthew 7:21, Jesus is quoted as saying, "Not everyone saying to me, "Lord, Lord," will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will." Who exactly is the Father who is in the heavens especially when Jesus is clearly on the earth?

Clearly they are two different Persons, but this does not mean that Jesus is not God. Where was Jesus before He came to Earth? He was in the heavens.
Mere human beings come from the Earth (Psalm 139:15), not from heaven. Only God can go and come from the heavens (John 3:13, John 16:28). The Son is the visible manifestation and representation of the Father. The visible manifestation and representation of God is God, therefore Jesus is God.

Last edited: