• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who is the Bride?

Loyal
No! I'm not looking for an argument....(feeling kind of sensitive in this area)

Can someone please show me where the Bible says that the bride is the church in general? It mentions believers specifically. Believe means more than just mental assent though. The word 'believe' comes from the word 'Enumah' which means believe but sooo much more...It's important to understand that the key word, emunah, that we translate "believe" has a different emphasis in Hebrew than we tend to hear. In English and Greek, (as pistis), its primary meaning is to assent to a factual statement, to agree with the truth of certain ideas.

The word emunah does mean to have faith, but it has a broader meaning that has implications for what God calls us to as people of faith. It contains the idea of steadfastness or persistence. In Exodus 17 Moses raised his hands all day long until the Israelites won a key battle. It says that his hands remained steady (emunah) until sunset. In this sense it means steadfast. God is also described using the word emunah in Deuteronomy 7:9: "Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful (emunah) God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands. "

If we look back at the verse about Abraham's emunah, it should tell us that Abraham believed God's promises and had a persistent commitment to God which showed in his faithful life. He waited 25 years for a son, and offered him back to God when he was asked.

This has implications about what it means to be a Christian. I used to wonder why God saved certain people just because they decided to adopt one particular set of beliefs over another. But as James pointed out, Satan himself believes that Jesus died for the sins of the world and that he is God in the flesh, and just knowing that doesn't redeem him!
So, there being so many 'Christians' giving mental assent alone, are they a part of the bride? Or not?

It seems to me, that there are two types of Christian...There are those who believe that Jesus is God and have bought fire insurance from Him. Then there are those that have sold out completely to Him, living in obedience to Him, walking in Love, living the Word in a totally steadfast manner....

Well the individuals are referred in the word as the temples, buildings aren't part of that - "Do you not know that you are a Dwelling Place of Elohim and that the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you?" (1 Corinthians 3:16)
Believers must be born-again from above and have circumcised hearts to obey the Creator - (John 3:5-7, Deuteronomy 30:6)
I don't support the idea that Yahuah loved the "world" because the world is of Satan, He loved ones who would turn to Him and obey - (Matthew 4:8-9, John 17:9, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Psalms 5:5)
No, the vast majority of christians aren't the part of the bride (it may sound like a harsh thing to say), only those who really are born-again and have a desire to obey and serve Yah alone! (Joshua 24:14-15)

Loyal
The faith which saves us is God-given, and thus it is divinely persuaded as to God’s perfect will for our lives. If we are persuaded by God as to his will, then we will surrender to him. We will submit to his purposes. And, thus we will be crucified with Christ in death to sin and resurrected with him to newness of life, to be lived to his righteousness. We won’t have this misconstrued idea that we can keep on living however we want and still go to heaven when we die. We will know the truth, and the truth will set us free! Free from sin!

4102 pístis (from 3982/peithô, "persuade, be persuaded") – properly, persuasion (be persuaded, come to trust); faith. Faith (4102/pistis) is always a gift from God, and never something that can be produced by people. In short, 4102/pistis ("faith") for the believer is "God's divine persuasion" – and therefore distinct from human belief (confidence), yet involving it. The Lord continuously births faith in the yielded believer so they can know what He prefers, i.e. the persuasion of His will (1 Jn 5:4). (Strong's Greek: 4102. πίστις (pistis) -- faith, faithfulness)

The church is the body of Christ, so it is made up of those who have been born again of the Spirit of God. We can’t be a Christian if we are not “born again.” We can’t be part of the true church if we are not “born again,” because the church is those who have been born of the Spirit of God.

Staff Member
Can someone please show me where the Bible says that the bride is the church in general? It mentions believers specifically. Believe means more than just mental assent though.

Dear Brother,
You start out with "believers" and then jump to a discussion on defining "believe" which is a totally different topic.
Maybe, the topic title should be "What does it mean to believe and be part of the Bride"?

Still, "No argument here" in that the Bride seems to suggest the believer. :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Dear Brother,
You start out with "believers" and then jump to a discussion on defining "believe" which is a totally different topic.
Maybe, the topic title should be "What does it mean to believe and be part of the Bride"?

Still, "No argument here" in that the Bride seems to suggest the believer. :)

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Well My point is....The doctrines all say that the church is the bride, but I cannot find where the Bible says that....The bible says the bride is the believers. So.....If you know how to change the title...go for it. LOL

Loyal
The faith which saves us is God-given, and thus it is divinely persuaded as to God’s perfect will for our lives. If we are persuaded by God as to his will, then we will surrender to him. We will submit to his purposes. And, thus we will be crucified with Christ in death to sin and resurrected with him to newness of life, to be lived to his righteousness. We won’t have this misconstrued idea that we can keep on living however we want and still go to heaven when we die. We will know the truth, and the truth will set us free! Free from sin!

4102 pístis (from 3982/peithô, "persuade, be persuaded") – properly, persuasion (be persuaded, come to trust); faith. Faith (4102/pistis) is always a gift from God, and never something that can be produced by people. In short, 4102/pistis ("faith") for the believer is "God's divine persuasion" – and therefore distinct from human belief (confidence), yet involving it. The Lord continuously births faith in the yielded believer so they can know what He prefers, i.e. the persuasion of His will (1 Jn 5:4). (Strong's Greek: 4102. πίστις (pistis) -- faith, faithfulness)

The church is the body of Christ, so it is made up of those who have been born again of the Spirit of God. We can’t be a Christian if we are not “born again.” We can’t be part of the true church if we are not “born again,” because the church is those who have been born of the Spirit of God.

Hi Sue My point is.....John 1:12 (CJB)
12 But to as many as did receive him, to those who put their trust in his person and power, he gave the right to become children of God,

So, a person receives Jesus as savior, he does not automatically become a son of God, he is given the power to become a son of God, so he does not automatically become part of the bride?

Let me give you a hypothetical situation... A young boy, sensitive and gentle of spirit...Terrified of his mother and can't trust his too quiet father, bullied by siblings and others because he is sensitive. (you know people like that) He grows up essentially alone because he cannot trust anybody, no friends for the same reason. (I remember this little boy wanted to be Gods man from a very early age) Now as an adult he has accepted Jesus into his heart...but continues to live by his own decisions because he seemly cannot let go and simply trust God...I watch him Sue...he's miserable, desperate and alone...he's always been alone. How can he be part of the bride if he cannot, or will not, trust God? He is born again...I've seen him working the works of the Holy Spirit...I've seen him lay hands on the sick and see them healed. I've seen him cast out demons and other cool miraculous thngs....But when he needs healing....nope. When he needs something from God Nope...He cannot or will not trust God for it...and does not receive anything.....Is he part of the bride? I don't know and he does not know....What does your knowledge say?

Active
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." (Revelation 19:7-8)

Loyal
"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints." (Revelation 19:7-8)

So then...the bride is the one who believed the Word and has made herself ready....Is that what you are saying?

Loyal
you should seek the answer for yourself it will mean more to you that way. God bless

Staff Member
all believers are are part of the one and the same church.
Scriptures to back this up? The way you use the word 'believers' is quite generic, "even the demons believe..."

you should seek the answer for yourself it will mean more to you that way. God bless

I'm assuming you're asking about the one church concept. If you are. I've posted this on other threads previously and haven't had anyone actual comment against what I've posted. So, if you'd like, I can post it here. Let me know.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
I'm assuming you're asking about the one church concept. If you are. I've posted this on other threads previously and haven't had anyone actual comment against what I've posted. So, if you'd like, I can post it here. Let me know.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Thank you It sounds interesting, but it really does not line up with the original question....That being...scriptures that say all of the church is the bride? So far, I find only verses that say the bride is 'those that believe, and make themselves ready' So where does the whole church come in? Does the bride come out of the church?

Staff Member
Thank you It sounds interesting, but it really does not line up with the original question....That being...scriptures that say all of the church is the bride? So far, I find only verses that say the bride is 'those that believe, and make themselves ready' So where does the whole church come in? Does the bride come out of the church?
Just see if it is lining up with the one posed to Brother Dave M :)

Sadly, my lunch is over and giving to Caesar what belongs to Caesar is the order at the moment.

Love you Brother!
Nick
<><

Loyal
The church is the body of Christ, so it is made up of those who have been born again of the Spirit of God.
Incorrect.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of praying in the Spirit [praying in tongues] is only one part out of two commandments
instigated by Jesus.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:5
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:19
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:38-39

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:3-4

Loyal
Incorrect.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the Bible evidence of praying in the Spirit [praying in tongues] is only one part out of two commandments
instigated by Jesus.

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
John 3:5
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Matthew 28:19
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,
and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Acts 2:38-39

Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father,
even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:3-4

Baptism is not being born of water....When one is born, the water breaks and you pop out into this world...You are alive but your spirit is still dead in sin...You get born again, there you are born of the Spirit....The ceremony of baptism is only an outward sign of your following Jesus through death into your new life in Him...

Speaking or praying in tongues is not the evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit...It is an evidence though...THE evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is Power...that is to say 'His power, His authority to heal, to deliver, to raise the dead etc.

I've attended churches that teach this stuff you shared....

Loyal
I've attended churches that teach this stuff you shared....
I am a member of a Church that actually practices all this stuff.

And given the commandment for water baptism in the gospels and the epistles it is pretty obvious that Jesus was talking about
water baptism by full immersion.

Loyal
I am a member of a Church that actually practices all this stuff.

And given the commandment for water baptism in the gospels and the epistles it is pretty obvious that Jesus was talking about
water baptism by full immersion.

The original question was....Can someone please show me where the Bible says that the bride is the church in general? So far there have been none....

Hi Sue My point is.....John 1:12 (CJB)
12 But to as many as did receive him, to those who put their trust in his person and power, he gave the right to become children of God,

So, a person receives Jesus as savior, he does not automatically become a son of God, he is given the power to become a son of God, so he does not automatically become part of the bride?

Let me give you a hypothetical situation... A young boy, sensitive and gentle of spirit...Terrified of his mother and can't trust his too quiet father, bullied by siblings and others because he is sensitive. (you know people like that) He grows up essentially alone because he cannot trust anybody, no friends for the same reason. (I remember this little boy wanted to be Gods man from a very early age) Now as an adult he has accepted Jesus into his heart...but continues to live by his own decisions because he seemly cannot let go and simply trust God...I watch him Sue...he's miserable, desperate and alone...he's always been alone. How can he be part of the bride if he cannot, or will not, trust God? He is born again...I've seen him working the works of the Holy Spirit...I've seen him lay hands on the sick and see them healed. I've seen him cast out demons and other cool miraculous thngs....But when he needs healing....nope. When he needs something from God Nope...He cannot or will not trust God for it...and does not receive anything.....Is he part of the bride? I don't know and he does not know....What does your knowledge say?
Brother Bendito, how do you know it was Yah's Ruach? (spirit). I highly doubt Yah gave these gifts to him, there's many foul spirits that masquerade as *Holy Spirit*, if the spirit doesn't lead him to obedience and understanding of the Word, then it's a false or kundalini spirit. You can see this spirit mostly in charismatic movements, new age stuff, and in the churches too.