• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

who is in charge of the hell?

who is in charge of the hell? the God? or the Evil?
there are 3 kinds of people in the world? 1. christian, 2, non-believer, 3,evil people,( who is anti-holy spirit)

so after death, christian will go to the heaven.
non-belivevr and evil people will go to the hell. if the evil is in charge of the hell, God sends those people to the hell, i think ,will strength the Evil's power. Like sending so many people to follow the Evil in the hell.

if The God is in charge of the hell as well, where does the Evil live? and where does God dwell in?:confused:

God has authority over everything so that would include hell.

Therefore God exalted (Jesus) to the highest place and gave Him the Name that is above every Name, that at the Name of Jesus every knee should bow: in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11

For reasons that I don't fully understand, God is claiming total authority over evil, through Jesus, on a "gradual or progressive" basis and we have yet to see the ultimate fulfilment or "consumation." (1 Corinthians 15:24-26; Ephesians 6:10-18; 1 John 4:2-4; Revelation 20:7-10) But know this...the Kingdom of God is advancing! And it starts with us, because God rules and reigns in our hearts.

Those that do not have eternal life with God will go to the Lake of Fire. God is in charge of everything that exists, even the Lake of Fire. satan is not in the lake of fire but he will be put there by God. satan will suffer for his evil as much as all others who will be put into the Lake of Fire.

God is in heaven. But God is also everywhere. God is within those who believe in Jesus. God knows every person’s thoughts. He sees all things and nothing happens that He does not know about.

All praise The Ancient of Days

These verses from Psalm 139:7-8 may shed some more light on your questions.

Where can I go from you Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your Presence?
If I go up to the heavens, You are there
If I make my bed in the depths (Sheol), You are there

God's throne is heaven, but He can go everywhere. Even Satan can enter heaven when summoned by God! Job 1:6-12

can the people in the hell be saved by Jesus, since he is also the governor of the hell.
in real life, even people are sentenced in the prison, if they have good behaviours they will be released earlyer.
so if people go to the hell and repent their sins and accept Jesus as their God, will Jesus prompt them into the heaven? like saving them from the hell.

Administrator
Staff Member
Once you go to hell it is too late. If it weren't so, then GOD would not send evil people to hell in the first place. It is not like th world's prisons which are not "perfect" like GOD (their judgments that is). Hell is eternal damnation and cannot turn back once you enter hell.

are you from NY? I heard there is a big church in Time Square. I read it from <<the heavenly man>>
your answer fills my knowledge of christianity. thank you

I believe that hell is the grave, and that when you die you will go to your grave until the resurrection for judgement (Rev.20 11-15). God is in charge of your soul (Matt.10 28-29) and your life may end in the hell fire.

jimmy said:
Sorry, and please don't get mad at me.

Heh, I wouldn't be able to function if I got angry any time someone disagreed with an article I've read. Mellow out, man.

strypes, if you plan to do some more study on this matter, I'd love to hear what you find. Most of the proponents of this concept are from a (partial or full) preterist background and I'd like to get some feedback from a different point of view or philosophy.

Honestly, it does make sense that hell/hades/ghenna would be different than an eternal place for God to torture people. It doesn't seem very characteristic of him.

One passage bothers me in this respect, though. Revelation 20:10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

It is interesting to study. I need to find some precedents in the New and Old Testaments to understand it properly, since it is Revelation and presented in a vision from God, complete with many other symbols in need of reference to earlier scripture.

Take care,
Bill

I have a question. in Rev.20 they talk about satans doom and the judgement of the died. Do you think that when we die we go to heaven or hell? And that is where satan is burning? Then God has a resurrection. He brings out all the people from the hell fire for judgement. He then judges them to put them back into the fire. Is that how you see it? I don't see it that way. It just doesn't make sence. The way I see it is we sleep until the resurrection. When Chirst comes he is going to resurrect his followers. Then there is going to be another resurrection to judge the others at a later time. At that time if there name is not found in the book of life they will be thrown into the lake of fire and burned up. If Satan has been in the hell fire for six thousand years what is the big deal about going back in. He probably has it fixed up the way he likes it anyway. But if he knows that he will be burned up after the thousand years you can bet he is scared. To me that fits and it makes sence. In John 11 it talks about Lazarus. Jesus says that Lazarus is sleeping. Then he says I mean he is died. Then they go to awake him. He tells Mary (his good friend) that "your brother will rise again". She said "I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last days".

Hello jimmy

Saints are in heaven at the time before the return of the Messiah Jesus. They are referred to in Revelation chapter 6. But they are referred to as Saints who have been killed for their faith in Jesus.

Revelation 6
9 When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held. 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?" 11 Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

It does not say that all saints go to heaven. It refers to only those who have been killed for their faith.

As for satan being in hell for 6000 years that is a tradition of man it is not biblical at all. I have posted Revelation 20 below with some thoughts added.

Revelation 20
1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. 2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; 3 and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

You see satan, is not in hell. When the Messiah Jesus returns satan will be cast into the bottomless pit for 1000 years. After the 1000 year reign of the Messiah Jesus satan will be released from the pit to go out and deceive the world one more time.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

True Christians will be resurrected upon the return of the Messiah Jesus and from that day on they will never die again. They will live and rule with Jesus for 1000 years on earth. But the rest of the dead will not be resurrected until the 1000 years is up and the final satanic rebellion in defeated. Those who are raised from the dead at the Messiah Jesus return are assured they will not face the second death (lake of fire)

7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

At the end of the 1000 years satan will go out into the world once again to deceive the world again and lead them in an attack on the “camp of the saints” (resurrected saints on earth) and the beloved city (Jerusalem) But there attack will be in vain because God will destroy them.

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Note how it says satan (devil) will be cast into the Lake of Fire this happens 1000 years after the return of the Messiah After the defeat of the final satanic rebellion. Note it also says that the beast and false prophet are already there? The beast and the false prophet are men they will be cast into the lake of fire at the start of the Messiah’s 1000 year reaign. The beast is both a man and the empire he leads He is also commonly known as the anti-christ the false prophet will deceive the world and fool people into thinking the anti-christ is the returned Messiah.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

Now this is the final resurrection when all peoples that have ever lived will be raised from the dead to face judgment. But as said before those who took part in the first resurrection will not face this judgement. Note how it says Death and Hades. Death and Hades are not the same thing

14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Hades is hell the place spoken off by Jesus in His parable of Lazarus. Hades is not The Lake Of Fire because it is going to be cast into the Lake Of Fire. You cannot cast something into itself.

Luke 16
22 "So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham's bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 "And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 "Then he cried and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.'

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Hello Adstar,

In Rev.6 9-12 these are the people that was killed when the anti-christ was in charge. He shows us that they were under (not able to get to) the alter. They were told to rest (like sleep) a little longer, until the rest of his servants was killed. In Rev.6 15-17 this is were Chirst comes (resurrection). In Rev.7 9 he shows us all the people that was resurrected standing at the throne in their white robes.
I agree with you when you talked about Revelations 20. I don't agree with what you said about Luke 16. To me it is a parable telling us that the rich man found out that the Bible is true and asked the beggar to go back to tell his family( Rev.16 27-31). Christ tells him that he has given them the writeings from Moses and the Prophets. It is up to them to believe it. Another note: in Rev 16 31 he said "they will not be convinced even if someone (Lazarus) rises from the died." To me, rises from the died means comeing up out of the grave.