• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Who is His Seed?

Loyal
I will put animosity between you and the woman, and between your descendant and her descendant; he will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel.”

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

We know who Eve's seed is...Who is Satan's seed?

Loyal
Interesting topic. Good question.

I've always taken this to simply mean..."the serpent". (i.e a snake in the grass) Yes it was Satan, but also it was a "serpent".
Have you ever met a woman who liked snakes? I suppose there are some, but I would guess they are a small minority.

2 Cor 11:3; Rev 12:9; Rev 12:14-15; Rev 20:2;

On the other hand... it seems that Satan was created, not a creator. Yet there are those called his children... and it seems he is called their father.

John 8:41 "You are doing the deeds of your father." They said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God."
John 8:42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.
John 8:43 "Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.
John 8:44 "You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Matt 23:13; "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
Matt 23:14; ["Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation.]
Matt 23:15; "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Active
Cain and Abel?

Cain had the mark. Abel was killed. Seth was born to replace Abel..Genesis 4:25 eve calls Seth 'God hs appointed me another seed instead of Abel'. Seths lines called upon the Lord.

Cain's line did not.

Loyal
I will put animosity between you and the woman, and between your descendant and her descendant; he will bruise your head, and you will bruise his heel.”

And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

We know who Eve's seed is...Who is Satan's seed?

Interesting that it is the seed of the woman (Jesus Christ) who shall bruise the serpent's (Satan's) head, but it is the serpent (Satan) who shall bruise the heel of the seed of the woman, who is Jesus Christ. It does not say that it is the seed of the serpent that shall do this. Yet, all his offspring do this, i.e. they oppose Jesus Christ, his gospel and his servants (his messengers). Yet, they do so because they are under Satan's control.

Loyal
We first need to take note of the surface meaning: people and snakes will be enemies. Snakes will bite our feet and we will bash their heads.

Beneath the literal meaning is the first hint at redemption and an answer to death and decay. I take the 'serpent's descendants' to indicate the powers of death and rebellion against God and all who wield those powers.

Active
Jesus gave us authority to stomp on snakes and scorpions.

God's promise was to Abraham, then Isaac and Jacob and his many descendants (the israelites) including now gentiles who are his seed through faith in Jesus Christ. These descendants are now as numerous as stars in the sky and sand on the shore.

Gods seed is the Word, the truth that bears fruit.
Satans seed is a lie that only brings forth poison and death. To stop a weed from growing, you pull it out by its root so it doesnt set seed.